Forum:Who is Lolita Goth?
I strongly believe that Lolita was the mistress of Gunther Goth. This would explain why Gunther and Cornelia's relationship isn't the best and why Lolita's ghost keeps trying to flirt with Gunther. I recently watched the film adaptation of Tess of the d'Ubervilles, and it got me thinking that a similar thing could have happened with Lolita. Her surname was Goth and perhaps she was struggling with money or something. Then she learns that a wealthy upper-class family share a surname with her. So, she heads to the Goth's manor, intending to claim kin so that she can have a better life. She and Gunther (then a Young Adult) fall in love and begin an affair. Cornelia finds out and, obviously, is very unhappy. Then Lolita dies unexpectedly and is buried in the back yard. This sounds kind of shifty to me, so maybe Cornelia murdered Lolita, or arranged to have her killed. This could explain why Gunther and Cornelia are unhappy in their marriage; Gunther is still mourning for Lolita and maybe even suspects his wife had something to do with her death, and Cornelia is still mad at her husband for being unfaithful. Lolita was quietly buried in the garden and is never mentioned again in The Sims and The Sims 2, because the Goths wanted to avoid a scandal about her; the young mistress of Gunther Goth, who died under mysterious circumstances. This would also explain why she isn't in the family tree; Lolita may be a very, very distant relation to the Goths, or she may not even be related to them at all. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:05, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I think that Gunther and Lolita were married, Lolita gained an interest in the Mechanical skill and got electrocuted trying to fix something. Cornelia was in love with Gunther but he was not, so Lolita (ghost) persuaded Gunther to marry Cornelia and thats why in The Sims 3 they don't have a very strong relationship while in The Sims, their relationship improved a lot. Joey.eyeball (talk) 00:11, February 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I believe that Lolita could be Frida's daughter. Since Neither Frida or Gunther are on each other's family trees, but it is stated in Frida's bio that they are brother and sister. Samuel, despite supposedly being Frida's uncle, doesn't acknowledge her as family. (Even to a point in my game, where I have to stop him from flirting with her! I think that Frida could have gotten pregnant, so her family urged her to marry a Landgrabb, so she wouldn't be an unmarried mother. Frida had the baby and left Sunset Valley to move to Moonlight Falls, where she met her demise. That would explain why Lolita has no family connection on the tree, because her mother wasn't in the base game. WayfinderOwl (talk) 08:45, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Personally I like the idea that she was Gunther's first wife. To me it's easy to imagine they were young loves, maybe even teenage sweethearts who married as soon as legal, then Lolita got electrocuted. Then Gunther married the elder daughter of the other big "old money" family, Cornelia Crumplebottom, and the Crumplebottoms moved in with the Goths until Agnes married and the elder Crumplebottoms died (I also have a theory that the Altos drove the Crumplebottoms out of business, which is part of why the Goths hate Nick Alto). I maybe boring in this but I think the rocky relationship between Gunther and Cornelia is simply clashing personalities (and Grumpy Frugal Workaholic and a Grumpy Unflirty Perfectionist) and maybe Lolita's flirting when her ghost is around. --Mimi Sardinia (talk) 16:04, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
I think she was the nanny of Gunther and Frida as minors. They (or one of them) did something and she was electrocuted. ChispiGon(Talk).—Preceding undated comment added 18:14, October 2, 2014 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Something the game didn't wanted us to known that Cornelia is a pure gold-digger. "How is this thing supposed to be related to Lolita Goth and my theory on it?" here's why! Cornelia had her eye on Gunther.. to be specific, Gunther's money, from her youth.. So when she heard about his love relationship with Lolita, she went completely MAD, however this won't change a thing. eventually Gunther and Lolita got married, they truly loved, adored each other, Lolita never cared about his money and gold etc.. Cornelia did. so Cornelia went on a friendly visit to the Goth home, while Gunther had to leave for a little bit to repair something.. While Gunther wasn't there, she broke the T.V on purpose, and influenced Lolita to repair it, so when Gunther went back, he was very sad seeing Lolita dead, he didn't want to stay all of his life a widow. so he married Cornelia, but he always blamed her for Lolita's death, the question is: how their relationship in The Sims 1 improved? because Lolita's ghost said to Gunther that Cornelia didn't do that. and so on.--Imasexysimlover (talk) 10:44, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
I can't put my theory on the Lolita Goth theories page, so I went here. This is the first part, which is really short but here it is...
Lolita was born in Sunset Valley. As a child, she liked to explore and heard about the 'haunted' Goth Manor, so she set off. Once she got up there, she was exhausted and passed out next to the garage. A boy, going by the name of Gunther Goth, came out and woke Lolita up. Lolita explained about her adventures and that she wanted to camp at the graveyard. Gunther said that him and his family mourn at the graveyard every night and they wouldn't like her being there, so it was pointless. Lolita sighed heavily and started to walk away, but Gunther stopped her. They played chess for hours and, when the moon and stars came out, they gazed at the stars. Gunther gave Lolita a big hug and Lolita went home.
This is kinda a story, if you're wondering about the dialogue and all that stuff. It's also my theory. So...what can I say? Enjoy the story!
Lolita (surname) walked up to the huge Goth manor. She slowly knocked on the door. As she fidgeted nervously, she thought Please don't let it be Cornelia, please don't let it be Cornelia...but the door opened slowly. Cornelia, Gunther Goth's girlfriend, answered the door. "Hello, Lolita. Gunther has to talk to you." she says coldly. "Private?" Lolita whispered. "OK, I'm not going to bother you. I'm just going into town with a friend for a meal anyway." Cornelia replied impatiently. Lolita walked into the sitting room and Gunther was there, at the window, watching Cornelia speed away in her car. "Mr Goth?" Lolita whispered softly, as she went into the room. "Hello, Lolita. Put your jacket on the sofa. Please call me Gunther." he replied, turning around. "So, Mr Goth - I-I mean Gunther. What did you want to talk to me...?" Gunther cut her off. "...I love you." Lolita stared. Gunther clapped his hand over his mouth. "Listen, Lolita, I didn't mean..." Lolita dashed out the room and up the stairs. She locked herself in the bathroom, leaning against the door. She heard banging so she hid behind the sink. The door slid open. "...I love you too." Lolita blurted out. She walked out from the sink.
5 minutes later, they were lying in the bathtub in their underwear, kissing passionately. "Take things to the next level?" Gunther asked. "Yeah." Lolita whispered. Another 5 minutes later, they were having s*x. No protection. Suddenly Lolita heard a car drive up. "Quick!" she hissed, putting her underwear back on and slipping her jeans and t-shirt on. She rushed out the bathroom, ignoring the fact that she looked rumpled and hot. "Mr Goth said I have to go now." she muttered speedily, running out the house. She ran all the way home. Suddenly she started to feel sick as she staggered in the door. Oh no - me and Gunther had s*x! she thought in alarm. She ran to the pharmacy, making herself even more sore, and bought a pregnancy test. She thought it was urgent, so the nurses let her use the bathroom at the back. Lolita locked the door and peed into the cup, taking the test. She leaned against the door for 5 minutes, counting. Suddenly the test made a vibrating noise so Lolita jumped up. She grabbed the test from the floor and glared at it. She burst out crying. It said Positive.
- If you ever read the novel Lolita, the girl Lolita was a teen who had an affair with mid-aged professor, and she's the daughter of professor's landlady, who later got married with him so he can get to Lolita. Which make you think what if... Well. And also, the traits of Lolita Goth are almost exactly the same with Lolita from the book. Anyway, this has to be a joke or literary reference that the creators made.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 05:38, April 14, 2015 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- I believe that Lolita was Victor Goth's Little sister. Since we know that she was electrocuted to death, I believe that as a teen/young adult she was fixing something broken and died. Victor was devastated (he was already an elder) and died. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Noahshapiro1 (talk) 16:05, May 14, 2016 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Questions, Questions all questions but no definite answers. Perhaps Lolita was the mitress of Gunther Goth, but unfortunetly I feel this is unlikely due to his marriage to Cornelia and the fact that Lolita is dead, although Gunther may have killed her and fell for Cornelia later. Perhaps this explains his devious side and the complicated relationship between him and Cornelia. If the wife is the second wife then perhaps Gunther won't hesitate to knock Cornelia off once he is done with her.
But yet again the question of whether she is Victor's mistress comes into play as it is more likely she died when Victor was a young adult and Victor fell for Gretle much later after her death. But again we cannot claim that as unfortunetly we don't know much about Lolita to begin with and we don't know much about the back story of the third generation of the Goth line due to them being deceased before the game
As for any other theories, who knows she may be Victors little sister, Gunther's ex wife but as far as I can tell I believe she is Victor's past lover
This is what I think, based on multiple people's opinions:
- She's probably not a reference to Lolita fashion, though Lolita fashion is based off of Gothic and Victorian styles. She's a reference to the book.
- She's not Frida Goth though I have to admit that's likely. She's either the first lover or first wife of Gunther Goth, and she died while repairing a TV. Since she and Gunther didn't have any children, and dead spouses don't appear on the family tree unless they had children with their other spouse... yeah.
- It's worth mentioning that many people have found a connection with Lolita's electrocution and the fact that there's no TV in the Goth manor at the start of the game. Maybe Gunther thought TVs brought a bad omen after the incident?
- Also, Gunther and his (second) wife Cornelia Goth are close to becoming elders at the start of the game, while Mortimer Goth is still young. They most likely had him early in the Adult stage or late in the Young Adult stage.
- Lastly, many people in the old Lolita discussion page seem to notice that Lolita often flirts with Gunther.
- Another way she is related to the Goths is that she's either [[Victor Goth]'s first lover or first wife or she's his great-grandmother. For the first one, like stated above, dead spouses don't show if the spouse didn't have children. For the second one, since family trees don't go further up than grandparent, and in order to see older generations you need to click on an older member, it's likely.
I'd like to give credit to all the people who gave me these ideas in the Lolita Goth discussion page, but there are too many! Shoutout to all of you! Bandar Seri Begawan (talk) 08:59, November 18, 2017 (UTC)
I think that Gunther and Lolita were married, then Lolita was washing her hands and then had to fix the TV, but Lolita didn't have a degree in handiness so she electrocuted herself. It would be strange to have them break up, because if they did break up, then her grave wouldn't have flowers! GamerBoy (talk) 17:03, January 22, 2018 (UTC)
In my opinion, this is simple. She was the first wife of Gunther. They got married as Young Adults. Even though there are no electronics in Goth Manor during the start of the game, maybe there used to be when she died, or it was on a different lot, but something electrocuted her. Gunther was very devastated that he didn't remarry until he was an Adult and met Cornelia. This explains why they are so close to being Elders while Mortimer is a child. He had Mortimer later in life because of Lolita's death. When a spouse dies in Sims, their relationship disappears, and are not connected by family tree unless they had a child. Since Gunther and Lolita didn't have any kids, they have no connection on the family tree.
I think she's not the wife of Victor, because it fits perfectly as to why Gunther had Mortimer so late in life. He's not Victor's mother or Gunther or Mortimer's sister. They would be related in the family tree if that was true and wouldn't she have been mentioned in Sims 2? Why would they add a new random sister in Sims 3 and not connect her?
She isn't Frida Goth, Frida moved to Moonlight falls after Gunther and Frida had a falling out about marrying her to the Landgraabs to tie the families together, and she didn't want to. Later she died in a Fire. She must have been resurrected and lived the rest of her days until she died as an Elder in Sims 2. Plus they look nothing alike.
Plus she's pretty much a reference to the book Lolita, where a character named Dolores (nicknamed Lolita) falls in love with a college professor. And guess what, in The Sims: Unleashed, Gunther is in the Education career, and is a "College Dean," which means that he would have had to have been a "Tenured Professor" before that! Now, the education career doesn't exist in The Sims 3 base game, only Ambitions, so they had to give him the Business career since the Education career isn't available. But he also could have switched jobs between games. This just makes the most sense. DarkSuicune2000 18:06, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
I think she may be the child of someone who married into the family, Lolita fell in love with Gunther as a child, and he loved her too, They formed a relationship, but kept it secret until Lolita came of age. When she did, Cornelia found out, Cornelia broke the TV, and tricked Lolita into fixing it. When that happened, Lolita died, She was murdered by Cornelia. Now she haunts the mansion, hoping to be resurrected. She doesn't want revenge, just to have some fun even in death, befriending the Goths. In my game I made Bella marry Mortimer and the Goths were complete, and Lolita befriended Bella. It was adorable. I resurrected Lolita, and I made Gunther divorce Cornelia and marry Lolita, and finally she's back with her former lover. And as for Cornelia? Karma, to say the least. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 18:03, March 2, 2019 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~