Adventures can be any of the following: helping a specific inhabitant, finding a specific artifact (or relic), or simply talking to a specific Sim. It gives to the player—depending of the amount of difficulty and the kind of adventure—Simoleons, ancient coins, friendship with someone, or visa points.
Sims can take new adventures through ads table at base camp of one of the foreign places. To collect new opportunities the Sim must complete the current opportunity or reject it from the opportunities panel. The player can reject an opportunity and check for another right away, however rejected opportunities will not be available again right away.
Additionally, many adventures, upon completion, trigger other related opportunities. Thus, one can follow the same line of history through numerous opportunities.
Many of the tombs and hidden places can only be unlocked by accepting an adventure as they have special keys that are not found anywhere else in the world. Some adventures lead to other places to be completed successfully.
To find wishes that connect to this subject, go to List of Wishes/Adventure.
Useful traits and abilities[edit | edit source]
- The brave trait will eliminate the "Scared" moodlet.
- Adventurous reduces the recovery time between travels and increases visa levels faster. It also eliminates the "Scared" moodlet for tomb traps.
- Daredevil provides an additional 2 hours to find a dive well should the adventurer be on fire.
- Witches can cast various charms to replenish their needs, eliminating the need to purchase food, shower, or use the bathroom.
- Tear of Horus, a buyable Adventure Reward from a special merchant, can ease exploring the tomb by revealing collectibles' position in the tomb despite in the hidden room. They will light up and in the process help reveal position of any hidden room leftout for player who wish to explore the tomb completely.