Ambitious (The Sims 3)
Ambitious is a lifestyle trait in The Sims 3.
Ambitious Sims dream big and are more rewarded when their wishes are satisfied in life. They are driven to move up the corporate ladder more quickly, but fall prey to low mood if they don't quickly receive the promotion they desire.
Ambitious Sims tend to excel academically while at University.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Ambitious Sims will get promotions and salary raises faster than other Sims due to their increased job performance gain rate.
- Ambitious Sims may sustain the 'Anxious to Advance' negative moodlet if it's been a while since they've received a promotion or improved a skill.
- Ambitious Sims gets 15% more Lifetime Happiness points from fulfilling a wish or lifetime wish
Possible Lifetime Wishes[edit | edit source]
- Leader of the Free World
- CEO of Mega Corporation
- Swimming in Cash
- Living in the Lap of Luxury
- The Emperor Of Evil
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a Sim has the moodlet "Anxious to Advance" and changes traits, they will be unable to alleviate the moodlet, but it's possible to remove the moodlet by using the Moodlet Manager lifetime reward or drinking a Sorrow Annihilator juice in Late Night. Neurotic Sims can also remove the moodlet by using the "Share Worries" interaction on other Sims.
- A Sim with this trait is 10% more likely to experience a midlife crisis, compared to a Sim without this trait.[TS3G]
- An ambitious child or teenager will have possible future lifetime wishes appear more often.
- Ambitious teens and children will raise their school performance faster than normal. Raising their grade level will also get rid of the "Anxious To Advance" moodlet.
- Ambitious Sims react very positively when being asked about their careers - even if they're unemployed/retired.
- Ambitious Sims gain wishes relating to high tier financial goals more often than other Sims, such as becoming a business partner/owner or having a certain net value of Simoleons.
- Ambitious elderly Sims are more likely to have wishes for their children to reach a certain tier in a career than their normal counterparts. For instance, an elderly retired Emperor of Evil with this trait will wish to "See (Sim's Name) Become a Criminal Mastermind". Insane Elderly Sims generate random career wishes for their children that may not have anything to do with the career they were formerly in.
- Ambitious Sims benefit from all majors while studying at college .
Special Moodlets[edit | edit source]
|Anxious to Advance||Appears after 4 days of no promotion or skill improvement for ambitious Sims, with a -15 stress penalty to the Sim's mood. Lasts until the Sim earns a promotion, improves a skill, drinks a Sorrow Annihilator mood drink[TS3LN], uses the Moodlet Manager reward on themselves or uses the "Share Worries" interaction if the ambitious Sim also has the neurotic trait.|
Ambitious Sims[edit | edit source]