Bella Goth (Strangetown)
|Elegant and athletic are two qualities that describe Bella. She enjoys a variety of activities from golf to miniature golf.|
|Game||The Sims 2|
Bella Goth is a townie in Strangetown in The Sims 2. The Bella Goth of Strangetown was confirmed by Maxis to be the same Sim as Bella Goth from Pleasantview, as it relates to the game's storyline. From a technical standpoint, however, Strangetown Bella and Pleasantview Bella are separate Sims and are not the same. Additionally, there are some notable differences between Strangetown Bella and Pleasantview Bella.
How Bella ended up in Strangetown without memories of her past life and how her appearance changed is one of the most well-known mysteries in The Sims series. Like other townies, she can be made playable by befriending and asking her to move in, or by marrying her.
Life leading up to The Sims 2[edit | edit source]
Bella Goth is unique among the townies found in The Sims 2. She is the only townie in The Sims 2 with a preset biography. Unlike other townies and NPCs who are normally 29 days away from becoming an elder, Bella is 28 days away from aging up. Additionally, unlike other townies and NPCs, Bella has a default gender preference for males; most townies and NPCs do not have a gender preference at the start of the game. Bella's zodiac sign is not recognized when editing in SimPE. When viewed in SimPE, Bella is placed in the "Default" bin (a collection of deceased Sims and universal NPCs, such as the Grim Reaper), and not the "townie" bin. However, with SimPE, it is possible to move her there.
Although this Bella is said to be the same Sim as Pleasantview Bella, they have several physical and personality differences. Strangetown Bella Goth shares the biography and personality with Bella Goth from Neighborhood 1 from The Sims. Strangetown Bella's face is a customized variation of the 1st face template in Create a Sim, whereas Pleasantview Bella uses a customized variation of the 2nd face template. Strangetown Bella bears more of a resemblance to her father Simis Bachelor than the Pleasantview Bella. This is mostly due to the fact that both Strangetown Bella and Simis' faces are based on the 1st facial template. Often going unnoticed, Strangetown Bella does not wear the same blush makeup as Pleasantview Bella. Another difference between Strangetown Bella and Pleasantview Bella is their voices; Strangetown Bella was voiced by Zoe Galvez, whereas Pleasantview Bella was voiced by Gerri Lawlor.
The two Bellas actually have different names in some languages. For example, in French, Bella is called Kathy Lalouche, while the Pleasantview Bella is called Sonia Gothik. In Thai, she's called "คิตตี้ คิวเรียส". Both of these translate to "Kitty Curious"
Bella was intended to be level 5 in an unknown career. With her pre-made skillset the only possible role this could be is an Executive in the Business career, although she is slightly lacking in the required skill for that level. Since the career information is corrupted, she will be assigned a random career and matching skills during gameplay.
This Bella also has several oddities in her relationship data:
- She considers herself the aunt of Johnny and Jill Smith and, oddly enough, Johnny and Jill's relationship data also reflects this.
- She considers herself the sibling of Vidcund Curious, but not either of the other Curious brothers, nor Jenny Smith. Vidcund and Jenny both also consider Bella to be a sibling.
- She considers many deceased Sims, including most ancestors and the entirety of Olive Specter's graveyard, to be "known", as well as the hidden Nervous Subject and herself.
- She has data for relationships towards several premade, playable Sims. However, all of these files do not have any boxes checked, including the "known" checkbox.
- She has relationships with 63 "Unknown" Sims, each with a unique value for daily and lifetime relationships.
- She also knows the Grim Reaper, the Hula Zombie, and the Therapist, who are all technically objects, rather than Sims. This can potentially cause highly dangerous game corruption, especially when combined with the networking system potentially making her attempt to introduce the player to these Sims. These NPCs also have relationship data towards Bella.
Simology[edit | edit source]
Reuniting the Goths[edit | edit source]
Some players decide to move her to Pleasantview and have Mortimer marry her. If the player gets Bella to move into a lot in Strangetown, they can move her house to the Lots and Houses bin. Next step is transferring her to Pleasantview by putting her house there. The player can make her get to know Mortimer by the use of cheats or have her move in to the Goth household, then start doing romantic interactions between the two. It's important to note though that Strangetown Bella will not be biologically related to Cassandra or Alexander if the player has her marry Mortimer. However, moving Sims between neighborhoods by way of the Family bin or the Lots and Houses bin has been known to cause corruption in the game.