|Game||The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4|
|Buyability||Buy mode, Build mode [TS4]|
|Price in game||Variable|
|Size||1, 2, or 3 tiles wide;, wall|
A mirror is a type of buy mode object that raises the room/environment need, just as other decorative objects do.
However, mirrors also have several interactions, the most important of which are charisma training and changing a Sim's appearance.[TS2][TS3][TS4] Changing a Sim's appearance with the mirror allows the player to edit the Sim's hair, makeup and clothes. In The Sims 2: Pets, the appearance of an adult pet's coat can be changed, and a collar can be placed on the pet or removed from the pet, as long as the pet can get to the mirror. As in Create a Pet, the player can use "Coat Colors and Markings" to customize the pet's coat, but unlike Create a Pet, the player can also select from several pre-made coats for the pet's breed.
Some medicine cabinets and closets have fully functional mirrors built into them that Sims can use.
In The Sims, mirrors are silver and do not show any reflections. Starting with The Sims 2, mirrors will show the reflections of any Sims or objects in front of them, although they will not reveal the player if they zoom in on one. As reflections are intensive on the graphics card, they may be optionally disabled to boost game performance.
Vampires have no reflection in The Sims 2 and The Sims 4, but in The Sims 3 they do. In The Sims 2, married vampires have visible wedding and engagement rings in mirrors.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Use Acne Cream: Available for teens with acne.[TS2]
- Gussy Up: Improves hygiene.[TS2] Gives the Sim the "Attractive" moodlet.[TS3]
- Check Self Out: Available for Teens.[TS2] Fulfills the wish to check themselves.[TS3]
- Freshen Up: Makes the Sim flirty.[TS4]
- Practice Speech: Increases the Sim's charisma skill.
- Practice Romance: Increases the Sim's charisma skill. Increases fun for romance Sims.[TS2]
- Admire Self: Only available to Sims with Snob trait. The Sim will gain the "I Am Beautiful" moodlet.[TS3] Only available for Sims who are confident.[TS4]
- Make Faces in Mirror: Only available to Sims with certain traits, i.e. Childish.[TS3]
- Make Silly Face: Only available for Sims who are playful.[TS4]
- Play with Mirror: Only available to child Sims.[TS3]
- Calm Self Down: Only available for Sims who are either angry, tense or playful.[TS4]
- Give Yourself a Pep Talk: Only available for Sims who are either sad or embarrassed.[TS4]
- Pet Reflection: Autonomous pet action, only available with most full-length mirrors. The pet will look at its reflection and react to it. It will boost the pet's fun motive.[TS2:P]
Magic Mirror[edit | edit source]
|Ever wish you had a friend who was always there, happy to talk or just listen... AND you could hand them on a wall? With this incredible looking-glass you can share gossip, chit-chat, or just ask each other how your days were! And you while you may like to admire yourself in the mirror, but it's even better when the mirror is admiring you! You may never need another friend with this mirror in your house.|
|Game||The Sims 3: Supernatural|
|Price in game||§865|
- Ask About Day
- Admire Me
- Practice Being the Most Charismatic of Them All.
- Conspire With Me Against My Enemies
- Magical Makeover
- Change Appearance