Scared is an emotion available in The Sims 4, which was added in Patch 107, making it the first and only emotion to be added to the base game via a patch thus far. It occurs when Sims are frightened by creepy situations or Sims, such as ghosts or vampires. Over 60 tense moodlets across the base game and various content packs have been converted to scared moodlets, where appropriate. This emotion can evolve into terrified.
Sims who are scared have a faster Bladder motive decay and always walk with a panic run. If they sleep while scared, they can wake up having nightmares. While scared, Sims are locked out of some activities.
Interactions and activities[edit | edit source]
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while scared.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Scream Incoherently
- Ask for Encouragement
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Hide Under The Covers (bed)
- Take a Panicked Poop (toilet)
Interactions on scared Sims[edit | edit source]
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions with a scared Sim.
- Try to Console
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Go Here" is replaced with "Go... Here?"
- "Sleep" and "Nap" are replaced with "Sleep?" and "Nap?"
- When a Sim in this emotion gets eaten by the Cowplant and is then thrown up, instead of getting an essence of fear from milking the Cowplant, it is the essence of daze.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jovan. (January 12, 2021). The Sims 4 Base Game is getting a new “Scared” Emotional State. Sims Community. Retrieved May 7, 2022.