Talk:Bella Goth/Archive 1
Bella Goth?[edit source]
I don't get It, everybody wishes they had Bella Goth In their The Sims 2 Game. But here is a very good question.
Q: What did she ever do that makes you even want her at all?
Xiaou 16:20, 12 March 2009 (UTC)Xiaou
I agree with Xiaou everyone wants her because she is so interesting did she get it on with Don no as it seems where did she get abducted? Thats why everyone wants her if no of this happened then she could still be populur but not as much do you see now. :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Yes, it is true. I think everyone wants her because she was there from the start, from The Sims. Also, Bella Goth has an interesting story, getting abducted and all that and also maybe she was in so much sims games that it made her popular, and if someone never heard of Bella and then saw Bella's page on this wiki, he/she will immediately get interested, 1) Because of her story and 2) Because one also get influenced by other players, who are big fans of Bella, it's like brainwashing. I hope it cleared your question. Potterania 12:38, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
Let me put it this way... if the Beatles had known about Bella Goth, all their songs would have been about her. Well, at least Polythene Bella (aka Polythene Pam) :-D —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
This is what really bothers me about what the developers/programmers/whatever did with The Sims 2. They set up these situations (Aliens transporting sims across neighborhoods, Murders, Aliens not returning sims, Alien hybrids without Alien genetics, and WooHooing with the Grim Reaper) that aren't at all possible in the game (without cheats, hacks, etc.) with whatever they used to program the game with, and use that to cover up their fake story plots. I mean, it's a cool twist and all, but that's kind of cheap. I'd like to actually have connected neighborhoods and the other impossible things they've faked, but then they'd have a game that totally defeats the whole "life simulator" theme. I think they need to do things that the players can do and not be cheap and mislead the players into thinking they can do more with the game than they really can. But, that's all on the advertisement side...
Mbc595 02:15, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hey,guys!EA didn't delete her!You can see this in the SimPE.If you delete a sim from the game,in the SimPE it is shown that this sim both has no data and unlinked.But she is just ulinked,she has data!I disagree with Mbc595.I think these fake plots make the game more interesting and funny!And I think that these things can be real.I heard something about a secret lot with Grim Reaper,Hula Zombie and Bella.iI think it is possible in this lot.SuperMolly 10:18, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
EA wants it to sound like there is a huge story, when there really isn't, EA just deleted her, or, While they were making the game, Bella got deleted and to cover up their mistake, they made another Bella Goth in Strangtown, (Which looks nothing like the real Bella, neither does the Hula Zombie) Bella's face is much different. —Preceding unsigned comment added by ShaiChizey (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Help! xP[edit source]
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. I know everyone's wondering how to get her back as it is, but I've almost figured it out but now I'm not so sure. I used boolProp to get her back, and then had her have a baby before saving and exiting, so I thought she would survive... but then I went back into the game and she still died. So I quit without saving and my question is this... I'm running on a Mac, and I don't have University so I don't get the Resurrect-o-Nomitron... so is there any way to fully get her back? All help appreciated! --wolfheart 21:28, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
You have to download the InSimenator and summon her using the summoner get Mortimer to move her in and then go off the lot and then go back on and then resurrect her using the mortality adjuster hope i helped Xxgreenbunnyxx —Preceding unsigned comment added by Xxgreenbunnyxx (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
There is probably no way to get her back if you cannot use the Resurrect-o-Nomitron. The BoolProp cheat is stupid because she will never be back the way she was before she was taken (Or rumour has it, deleted while making the game) out of the game. —Preceding unsigned comment added by ShaiChizey (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
New Main Image[edit source]
The new main image seems to blurry in areas, like someone used the blur tool in Photoshop or something. Let's try a LITTLE harder maybe? I'm sorry, it just looks bsolutely CRAPPY! 22.214.171.124 01:30, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
"Her name in Italian means "beautiful" and it fits her better than her red leather corset. Descended from a long line of occultists, mystics and decadents, she has thrown convention to the wind. Her disdain for the pedestrian and normal is only matched by her sense of ennui and isolation. She distracts herself from this world with a little organ practice and exotic gardenings of the lethal variety."
In exactly what game does this appear in? The first sentence sounds right, but the rest is seems far too dark to appear in any Sims game, especially from the Bella that everyone loves! 126.96.36.199 08:05, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
P.S. That was me who asked, I just accidentally logged out! M. H. Avril 08:11, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Seems odd, since her family is actually not all that dark in the main series (I mean, her bio in Sims 1 talks about how she's an avid golfer, not how she's an evil renegade. Haha, whatever! Thanks Bayoubash. M. H. Avril 08:23, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
"Exotic gardenings of the lethal variety." Is this perhaps a hint that she may have been involved with the Cowplant? Mortimer Goth created the Elixir of Life, which uses Cowplant milk, so this wouldn't sound completly insane. Gyromite 04:06, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Why This Advice Is a Bad Idea[edit source]
- Create a family in Strangetown and moved them into a lot, after about a week (sim time) a townie named Bella Goth walked past, built up enough relationship with one of your sims, moved her with you. Then made her find her own place and then moved her into a seprate house I moved her house to lots and house bin and moved her to Pleasantview.
While moving Bella with this method does serve relationships and remove memories, the game still creates unlinked duplicate character files of every sim Bella has ever met in Strangetown. While this won't likely cause immediate harm, you will get severe glitches like disappearing sims after a couple of generations. --188.8.131.52 00:04, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Getting her back[edit source]
I can never get Bella back even with university i tried and the Bella in Strangetown is the Fake Bella let me repeat Fake Bella! Moving her into Pleasantview is a bad idea it glitchs your game so dont do it ive done it and i messed up my game all because of it and Boolprop does not work Dont do it You cannot get her back without the help of simpe or the insim i`ll repeat simpe or insim! so here`s how you do with insim first put the mortality and summoner adjuster on your lot get Bella Goth and then get someone to move her in and then go off the lot and back on let her die and then use mortality and resserect her i got her back with this Xxgreenbunnyxx —Preceding unsigned comment added by Xxgreenbunnyxx (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
On Bella not having grandparents in TS2[edit source]
"The game treats her as dead because Bella has only parents not grandparents like most sims." This doesn't wash. While it's unusual for premade adult Sims in Pleasantview to not have grandparents in their family trees, there is no logical connection between that and being treated as dead. What's more, it's not unusual for living premade adults in Bluewater Village to not have grandparents in their family trees. So, while Bella may not have been given grandparents in TS2 because she's not playable in Pleasantview, her lack of grandparents cannot be why she is treated as dead. Dharden 23:15, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
- That could well be. I've always thought of her as "legally dead", and I wouldn't be surprised if they had to tag her with the "I Am Dead" token so she wouldn't appear on community lots. However, the grandparents thing can't be why she's treated as dead. Sure, for a base-game Sim, it's unusual enough to be noteworthy, but it's not going to cause the game to treat her as dead. Dharden 23:44, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Here's what's interesting about "it's not unusual for living premade adults in Bluewater Village to not have grandparents in their family trees."
- If you notice, base game families had a LOT of work put into them, like their unique faces, stories, personalities, genetics, and family trees (this was obviously worked on mostly to support their new generation concept for sims games). They had about three generations before them. Now, it's not likely that these sims were ever actually played, but they're still there. However, the premade sims for packs were obviously not made with such care. One of the best instances is the Kim family from Pets. They, to my knowledge, have no relations. Families from packs aren't as important as the ones in the base game, so they usually don't have as extensive family trees as families from the base game. Some of them even have premade faces in CAS. That's how secondary they are compared to base game families. This always kind of bugged me haha, but it makes sense... Mbc595 02:27, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
Request for clarification[edit source]
When it's noted that Mortimer doesn't seem to like a resurrected Bella very much, is that referring to relationship levels, or to flags such as best friend, crush, and love? If I check the relationships in TS2 Enhancer, the daily and lifetime relationships between them are high (85/95 for both), but none of the relationship flags are set. Clearing them (or not setting them in the first place) makes sense, given the storyline which has Mortimer free to remarry, but if the relationship levels are still high when she's brought back, I think folks should think twice before implicating Mortimer in her disappearance, or claiming that she didn't really love him. Dharden 02:37, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
She has Dead token that delets all relationships,biography and memory and kills your sim after you close the game and open it again.If you return her trough BoolProp testingCheatsEnabled true,she dies after you reload the game.Her relationships are still high with Mortimer because she loved him before they gave her dead token.Look at The Sims3 schreenshots!I think she liked him when he was a child and fallen in love with him when they grew up.SuperMolly 10:34, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- The "Bella married Mortimer for his money" thing may be just a TS2 psp thing. Kaylynn Langerak's age, Mortimer's job as an Inventor on the Science track when Cassandra was a newborn, Dina Caliente's personality, Michael Bachelor being a white guy after TS1 etc etc. Are you sure everything is intended to be a part of the exact same story?
In inactive households, when Sims grow up, are their traits pre-determined for random? Bella is a teen in my TS3 game and her 4th triat is "Loves The Outdoors". Anyone else have this? UBFunkaneer 23:31, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- In inactive households when one or more members have a birthday, their next trait (unless they are an adult, for elders have the same amount of traits as young adults) is randomly added. Bleeh (talk) 23:34, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- All the times. It is just too annoying...Andronikos Leventis 09:05, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Andronikos, I'm wondering why you think it's annoying. The game does this for two important reasons, (1)Diversity: Nobody can have the same traits. (2)You can't go to one household at a time and choose the traits for them all the time. It would be waste of time. Just let the game take it's course and give the Sim the traits. If you feel the traits are wrong for the Sim, than you can simply change them with testcheatsenabled true. [Ѧüя◎ґ]
- I love it when my sims call me the "Master Manipulator". I also don't like cheating when not neccesary. So if I don't cheat, I'll have to build up 20,000 Lifetime Hapiness to change the traits again! This sucks! If the specific LR wasn't so expensive, I might haven't been so annoyed by the specific part of the gameplay... I also hate to have a mean-spirited teen and after he/she grows up in a currently inactive household, he/she ends up with the foolish Good trait! *sob* If the game had a pop-up dialog for sims in inactive households then it would be OK! |_Andronikos Leventis (my talk page) 12:21, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
- All the times. It is just too annoying...Andronikos Leventis 09:05, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
Fridge "Easter Egg"[edit source]
The fridge (Chow Bella) probably has less to do with Bella Goth, and is more of a play on words for the Italian phrase "Ciao bella!" which I believe means something to the effect of "Hello beautiful!" 184.108.40.206 02:21, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
Bella's Favourite Music[edit source]
Here on the wiki it says Bella's favourite music is Custom but always on my game its French. Anyone else have this and an explaination? HayloHusky 07:02, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
I had this glitch too, it's annoying. Most Sims will have their favourite music set as French if you have a patch later than the release of World Adventures but don't have WA.-The Samster 18:41, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
The Diary[edit source]
Where did 'the diary' on the easter eggs thing come from? -The Samster a.k.a. Darth Rictus-http://www.fanfiction.net/~darthrictus- 18:47, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
- No one's provided a source for it, so I don't know. I've tagged it with needs citation, and if no one cites where it comes from I might have to remove it. ~>ฬђ (tคlк ★ ς๏ภtгเ๒ร) 00:23, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
The Sims Social[edit source]
Is it going to be considered canon that Bella moved to Littlehaven after her abduction?--Eduardog3000 Ed G 02:16, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
I've seen Bella in Sims 3, i even became her aquintance
welcomebella.livejournal.com —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rishal21 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
I'm playing the sims social on facebook, and i'm trying to move around in Bella's house..but everything is blocked from getting to it by plants...but somehow bella transports outside, even though she's blocked in her house. how does she do that? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
According to TheSims2.com[edit source]
There is an "Interview with Bella Goth", this can be found here: http://thesims2.ea.com/community/bella_interview.php
Interview with Bella Goth
Bella Goth disappeared in the summer of 2004, a team of highly trained SimCity investigators traveled far and wide and managed to track her down and asked her a few questions. This is their published interview.
Rckljohnson: Where are you now?
Bella: Apparently I'm in a place called Strangetown and indeed it's an appropriate name. I'm not positive what happened or how I got here but I've begun seeing a therapist and my hypno-therapy sessions have been very productive! I've also been reading my diary, I always keep it close.
Bbygrl814916: How come you don't have any memories of Mortimer, Cassandra and Alex?
Bella: I couldn't remember anything for months after the abduction, just a flash and then nothing, but with the help of my diary and my therapist the memories are slowly starting to come back. It's hard to remember things that happened longer ago like Cassandra being born or even my wedding but I remember my family and how much I love them. I even remember some of the work Mortimer was doing before I was taken. He was getting very close to creating a permanent life extending elixir. I was worried he was spending too much time on it. He'd already been successful with a temporary version and it had become wildly popular throughout the town. I guess everybody wants to live forever!
simgelf: What happened the night you were abducted? Did the saucer crash?
Bella: I'm not sure about all the details but I've had dreams of being in some kind of ship, I don't think there was a crash or I wouldn't have woken up. I remember green men with big black eyes, it didn't make much sense then and certainly doesn't now. It seemed like only moments and I was somewhere entirely different.
Simology022: What exactly were you DOING on Don Lothario's roof the night you disappeared? How do you feel about your daughter's romantic relationship with Don?
Bella: I think Don Lothario is a misunderstood man. He moved into town and seemed so lonely. He was so different and "urban" that the neighbors wouldn't accept him. He needed a friend and we welcomed him into our lives. I think Cassandra had a crush on him from the very start and unfortunately I think he had a bit of a crush on me. I don't really think Don is right for Cassandra, but she should follow her heart - don't tell Mortimer I said that. The night I left Pleasantview I was over at Don's house talking to him about life, love, and how he was feeling being the new guy. It was a nice, warm starry evening so we were outside on the roof looking at the stars. All I remember is the flash of light and waking up in a strange place.
Chair492: Did you cheat on poor old Morty?
Bella: Of course not! I love my husband and I love my family, they are everything to me. I've never loved anyone like I love Mortimer Goth. He's just so silly, so cute, a side of him most people don't see. Most of our neighbors thought he was "too smart" or boring and that he couldn't possibly be "fun".
poochdog25: I'd like to know if Dina Caliente was in on this. I've noticed she is related to some aliens, and she came on the eve of your disappearance, and now she is after your husband. So where is Dina in the plot?
Bella: I didn't know that about Dina, but it makes sense. I'll probably never know for sure but here's what I think. When Dina and Nina moved into town they were certainly very forward with my husband. In fact, it was almost insulting how openly they were trying to win him over, as if I didn't notice! I think someone sent Dina to town specifically to pull Mortimer away from me. I know he's a genius and his work is important to a lot of people. I couldn't have possibly imagined that trying to create a life elixir that could help everyone would ever push somebody to ruin our marriage! And why take me away from him? Perhaps they thought I was a distraction and believed that taking me away from the love of my life would make him stop his work.
simslover210: What is up with all the rumors of you having a double?
Bella: I've heard these rumors and as far as I know they're untrue. I've never seen my double and I haven't heard any stories about seeing me with my double so who's to say it's a double at all? Though I bet my double isn't as cute.
PprFlwrs4: Why are you still young when your husband is old..and....really...eh..old?
Bella: I can't really explain it, maybe his work has backfired on him and instead of lengthening his life, it's aged him. Or perhaps the people that wanted to separate us somehow used his research and tested it on me, keeping me young.
WadeSimMiser: What happened to you when you decided to pay Pollination Technician #9 a visit? How would you explain this to your husband Mortimer?
Bella: I've met PT9, he's very nice! And his family is so sweet. They've been so kind to me as I get my bearings. I only wish Mortimer could have had the chance to meet him.
abonnell2000: If you had the option to go back to Mortimer, Cassie, and Alex, would you? Why or why not?
Bella: I've been trying to return to my family but so far, it hasn't worked. As I said, there's something strange about this town. It's almost as if every time I try to leave, I end up back here.
Dixiedawn30: Have you ever thought about changing your hair style? What is up with the red dress?
Bella: It works for me, why change? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Bella in Fireplace[edit source]
It says that there's a hidden Bella image in the modern fireplace. I don't get it. I never saw one. Is it just a myth? Nikel Talk 07:22, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Bella different appearance?[edit source]
Sorry. It is just that when I first heard about the Sims 3, there was a video I saw. In it, had Mortimer and Bella as children (of course), but Bella's appearance was very different. Her skin was white, her clothes were also pink. So I'm wondering, when was this change made? Her childhood appearance is of darker skin and a red dress, so when did it change to that? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- I'm sorry but that video you saw was probably a fake. Bella was always a medium skinned woman who always wore her signature red dress. This would lead her to wearing something to match her appearances in any other games she appeared in. Starmoonie(Talk Here) 22:29, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
I know that Bella is a medium-colored woman, and has been all her life, but this image of a white-colored girl in pink, is also in the Gallery on her profile page. If that girl isn't her, then who is she? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- Dunno, probably a mistake by EA. Sorry can't really find a good answer. Starmoonie(Talk Here) 03:46, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I suppose it was just a prototype version of Bella. She's just changed to like what we've known these days. Nikel Talk – Vote for Featured Media! 04:10, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Dunno, probably a mistake by EA. Sorry can't really find a good answer. Starmoonie(Talk Here) 03:46, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
I suppose this trivia is safe to remove as it's not unique to Bella; it can happen to anyone. Nikel Talk – Vote! 09:25, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
Song Easter Egg?[edit source]
What does "Diamonds" have to do with Bella and Mortimer? And I can't see it either in List of songs in The Sims 3, unless it's a song from Showtime or newer. Nikel Talk – Vote! 16:41, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
She didn't marry Mortimer for his money[edit source]
Why do people say she only married Morty for his money? That's Dina that wanted to! The Bachelors are rich, so Bella wouldn't marry him for his money, would she? And she met him as a kid for goodness sake, children don't make friends with people because they're rich. XXxCrazyThingXxX (talk) 17:47, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
- The Goths are rich; the Bachelors are, I think, a middle-class family. I thought it was implied so, judging from their age distance, wasn't it? But yeah, if they are lovelife since childhood, I can't assure if Bella is after his money. Nikel Talk – Vote! 18:02, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Bella does reveal that she married Mortimer for his money, in Sims 2 (PSP). My theory for it is, that as a child, she probably did genuinely like him. Then, when she was a teenager, realised how rich his family was. Michael would of inherited everything, including the Bachelor money, and house. So, she wanted to marry well. So, why not marry her rich best friend? WayfinderOwl (talk) 18:19, February 4, 2013 (UTC)