Gemstone Locations[edit source]
the pink diamond and the rainbow gem, where on sunset valley were they found? I have nearly killed my sim twice trying to find them, please help! *laughs* KelinRoseKelin!
- I'm fairly sure it's random as to their location, but I just found a rainbow gem near the criminal career building (Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp.) where my sim works. I'm still working on the pink diamond.—ErzengelLichtes (Contribs)
- Just as an update, I've found a total of 3 Rainbow gems, although I'm not sure where I found the other two. I've only found 2 pink diamonds, and both were when I was rummaging through the Alto trash can.—ErzengelLichtes (Contribs) 00:19, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Update I took a look in the files, and it turns out that it's not random! Not completely at least. There is precisely 1 spawner that spawns plutonium, 1 that spawns Gigantic space rocks (obscenely rarely), 1 that spawns rainbow gems, 1 that spawns pink diamonds, and 2 that spawn brilliant. I'm bumping up their liklihood so that I can figure out where you can usually find them, and what their chances are, along with other relevant data.—ErzengelLichtes (Contribs) 02:23, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Unknown gem cut[edit source]
I've found an unknown gem "cut" (It's behind the heart shaped cut in the picture). It can be obtained by placing a raw gem outside of your house and then exporting that house. The exported house will then have the new "cut" instead of the raw gem.
It's actually not a real cut because you can still send it to be cut and the thumbnail is still a raw gem. Though I tought I should share it. - VaporizerContribs 13:10, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm fairly sure it's a bug. You might want to consider posting it on the official forum. Uly 14:49, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Minor difference in recalculating the Better Profit points for two of the cuts[edit source]
I was recalculating everything in the cuts table due to a brain fart (I can be a real idiot sometimes), and I found there are exactly two places where my math gave different values for the "Better Profit" column. Since, as I just said, I can be a real idiot sometimes, I've put my math (OpenDocument Spreadsheet, ~20kB) up so others can check it, and, if it seems correct, can either let me know or edit it in.
Please tell me if I made a mistake somewhere or if I actually got it right. Excel-compatible version available on request. Thank you, Narc (talk) 23:55, 16 July 2009 (UTC).
- I made the original calculations. The excel spreadsheet I used rounded up in those two instances (Excel has a tendency to do that), but checking the calculations it seems that you are correct. Which means that Marquis is even more useless than before...
- However, your change regarding the smelting of ingots was wrong. Yes, §23 * 1.75 = §40.25, but §40.25 - §40 (Smelting Cost) - §23 (Original Worth) = §-22.75. This is not "breaking even", this is "losing money", you might as well sell it without spending the money and time to send it out. On the other hand, §54 * 1.75 = §94.5. §94.5 - §40 (Smelting Cost) - §54 (Original Worth) = §0.5. This is "breaking even" since you can't have fractional simoleans. —ErzengelLichtes (Contribs) 06:00, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Ok, so I luckily found a Palladium in the Alto's bins. Yay! Now, I need the Plutonium and then I'll have the Metal Collector finished. Where does Plutonium spawn and what are the chances? I've triewd catacombs 3 times now, and found several books, a tomato seed with Outstanding quality, and some other junk. There was a Blue Topaz, but nothing really great. Any help finding Plutonium?
Also, how'd you look at the files? Which file and what program? —Preceding unsigned comment added by TheBonobo (talk • contribs) - Sign your comments with ~~~~
Taking Content From SimsWiki[edit source]
I understand that part of this is just game information and thus will be the same, but it would be REALLY nice of people would quit just taking pictures and text straight from SimsWiki.info - some of the text and pictures on this page is just a straight copy-paste from here: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Rocks_Gems_and_Metals ... and I know darn well you guys didn't take those pics because I took them myself. I'm removing those pictures that are from Sims Wiki - please take your own photos and write your own text even if you use the basic info from Sims Wiki - we don't take stuff from ya'll, please do the same for us. - HystericalParoxysm, admin, Mod The Sims