This is a page for discussing improvements to Contrary familyTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Lower or middle class?[edit source]
There has been a couple of edits going back and forth as to which this family is. This is getting to edit warring now. So I am bringing it to the talk page, which is where it should have gone to before now.
So the question: Is the Contrary family in the lower class or middle class? I personally feel they are middle class because they do have enough funds and several items on the lot. Unlike the Broke family who has barely any funds and any items on the lot. -- Icemandeaf (talk) 21:02, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree that they are middle class, but they would be lower class if they lived in a house with only a few items like the Broke family. I'll inform the users that have been involved in the edit war and possibly a couple of recently active admins.
- Looks like you've already done that. Well I'll inform a couple of admins anyway. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 21:15, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- First things first - do we have a solid definition of what a lower/middle/upper class family is? If we can draw the line between the three classes, then the rest of this dispute will be easy to sort out. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 21:29, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I sort of do, sort of don't have a solid definition of what a lower/middle/upper class family is, which could explain why I didn't jump into the edit war. But then I always do my best to avoid edit wars anyway, and in any case I didn't realize until today that this edit war was still going.
- We don't have a solid definition of what economic class a family is in. It's more or less of our own personal opinion, and I personally think the Contrary family is in middle class. There's a cheat in AL that shows what class your lot is in, but that's doesn't exactly reflect the Sim's economic status. The Brokes and trailer park in Belladonna Cove may be considered upper class if it's surrounded by upper class lots. Nikel Talk – Vote! 02:44, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) I'd say they're middle class too. Sadly this sort of thing is subjective but based on their assets, location and house; their house is a reasonable size if my memory is correct. ―ฬђ talk 08:58, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
It seems that most everyone is generally saying middle class. I wonder what the arguments for lower class are. I guess we will have to wait to hear from Sims2fan1998 for that. -- Icemandeaf (talk) 17:39, November 20, 2014 (UTC)