Talk:General Buzz Grunt
This is a page for discussing improvements to General Buzz GruntTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Removing information[edit source]
aprI added some information I noted from in game when I opened the game for the first time. Apparently, Buzz actually has a good relationship with a lot of his "enemies." The information kind of changed my interpretation of Buzz's character. However, the article doesn't read as smoothly as it used to... Any suggestions for improving it? 18.104.22.168 19:34, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- It is just fine the way it is right now. With the paragraph you just added it is basically our biggest character article. - JEA13 [iTalk] 23:20, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
I cut this line:
While unconfirmed, General Buzz Grunt is probably based onCoach Bradley Buzzcut from MTV's Beavis and Butt-Head.
Both characters are based on a very common drill sergeant stereotype and their names both reference a military-style haircut, but they have nothing else in common. Examples of dozens of characters like this are listed here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DrillSergeantNasty. It's much more likely that Buzz was meant to be an archetypical character in that mold. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 05:25, June 6, 2011 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Buzz and Bella Goth[edit source]
I think they make a cute couple together!Im going to marry them soon in my game. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:17, October 30, 2012 (UTC)
Body skill points[edit source]
I looked at PT9 Smith's and General Buzz Grunt's Career Panels and found this
PT9's Body skill point level: 0 Body skill points
General Buzz Grunt's Body skill point level: 10 Body skill points
How on earth did PT9 win? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:24, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
- They would have had the fight before Buzz reached maximum body skill. PT9 could've still beaten Buzz while the latter had nine body skills.
- The reason I know is because in my game Tybalt lost a fight with Mercutio. Tybalt had ten body points and Mercutio had one. Therefore the scale was 95 / 05 to Tybalt. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 10:29, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, I heard something about who starts the fight, wins the fight. Although it may be the opposite. Joey.eyeball (talk) 03:32, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
Strangetown General[edit source]
I never took Buzz seriously. For one thing he looks about 20 when he'd be something like 44. And for another - he has a soft and somewhat high Voice provided by Stephen Kearin. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 03:36, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I'd say he looks somewhere around 35. And he does look a lot more kind-hearted with his appearance. Joey.eyeball (talk) 03:40, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I consider him to be somewhere around 44 because that's how many Sim days old he is, even though the lifespans and ages of Sims in the Sims 2 differ greatly from people. Here is my perspectives based on the number days in each life stage a Sim lives.
|Unborn Baby||3 days (-3 - -1)|
|Baby||3 days (0 - 2)|
|Toddler||4 days (3 - 6)|
|Child||8 days (7 - 14)|
|Teenager||15 days (15 - 29)|
|Adult||29 days (30 - 58)|
|Elder||9 - 31 days (59 - 67 - 90)|
- Didn't General Buzz's dad General Chip happen to work as a general when he was an adult too? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 14:36, November 1, 2016 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
So, the article is named "General Buzz Grunt" because his in-game name is the same. But, "General" is very obviously his rank, and is included in his name only because there is no option to allow titles in The Sims 2 (or any other Sim game). But really, his name isn't "General Buzz", it's "Buzz." To that end, I think we should rename this page to just Buzz Grunt (and leave General Buzz Grunt as a redirect). -- LostInRiverview talk • blog • contribs 03:55, October 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Is there an article naming policy? The names of Sims are generally their in-game name, including any fancy titles like "General". Buzz Grunt is, from the top of my head, the only Sim so far that has a military rank in his name, so this is a unique issue. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 14:15, November 1, 2014 (UTC)
- The only other Sim I can think of is Pirate Captain Edward Dregg. He used to have "Pirate Captain" in his title, but it has been changed to just Edward Dregg, but that's because he reappeared in Island Paradise and he's called that, so he can't be used as an example for this case. I don't really mind having this page called "General Buzz Grunt" since it sticks to his name anyway...? Nikel Talk – Vote! 12:45, January 2, 2015 (UTC)