This is a page for discussing improvements to Melissa SimsTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
I'm not entirely sure why her picture came up as this is SimPE but I'm guessing it's because I have freetime and celebration stuff installed as it looks like she's wearing an outfit from Freetime and has the bun from Celebration Stuff. This probably happens with all new expansion packs that are installed. Audball2108
She's heavily glitched so when her headshot changed (maybe you have apartment life) it randomized her hair and clothing.--Thelamppost 19:18, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
article mostly trivia[edit source]
Melissa's article is almost completely trivia, most of which can be incorporated into the article itself which is very short. Also considering this sim is quite infamous due to her being so badly bugged maybe the problems encountered when resurrecting her can be expanded upon as well?--Thelamppost 19:18, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
In my custom neighbourhood (that I made myself), I swear there's two Townies named Melissa Sims. Sparrowsong 03:30, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Also Melissa, Luc, Patrick, and Vicki roll wants and fears while Sims with no aspiration do not meaning they probably have the Power aspiration which has no icon.--Thelamppost 22:24, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Sparrowsong, The Sims 2 reuses names so often that it seems unremarkable for custom 'hoods to have Townies names Melissa Sims. Dharden 14:26, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
isn't she a teen with that same oufit hermia wears? btw about the picture below I don't have simpe and instead I used boolprop and then next I saw that headshot the time I saw 'met melissa'
Why is it that she corrupts the game? I want a good reason, too. She hasn't done anything to my game after I fixed all of her data and resurrected her and then killed off Olive. Is it her DNA file that is messed up? Or is it just the actual game itself?Frogz2007 (talk) 18:31, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I can't tell you if it indeed will corrupt the game or not. But I'll say again that you can't see corruption right away once you've done something. You can't check whether something is harmful to your game or not by seeing if "nothing is wrong after I've done this." The symptoms might appear a long time later in the future.
- Maybe someone who understands more about this can explain it better. I wouldn't dare messing with things that aren't supposed to be touched. Nikel Talk – Vote! 15:42, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I have added Vicki, Melissa and Knut in seperate families and nothing bad is happening so far. I guess it takes a while for the game to kick in on "corruption".Frogz2007 (talk) 16:53, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Corruption varies for all players. Some players may experience the effects of corruption almost immediately. For other players, it may take years of gameplay for things to start coughing. However, corruption will always get you in the end, which is why you should NEVER attempt to do something you know will cause corruption.
- By the way, Strangetown is horribly corrupted. Deformed DNA, relationships with non-existent Sims, missing memories, corrupted memories, etc. It's strongly recommended that all players at least play the fixed template for Strangetown - download here. K6ka (talk | contrib) | NG Userpage | The Last Stand Wiki | The Sims Wiki | YouTube | Wikipedia 21:29, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
- She doesn't really seem to corrupt the game, she's just corrupted herself. Having the power aspiration doesn't really corrupt the game either. However if you do resurrect her, I would recommend that you do the following:
Give her the same personality as a default Create a Sim Cancer. Change her aspiration to family. Reset her aspiration level. Age her down to a teenager and then age her back to an adult. However you won't be able to completely fix her without SimPE which I don't have. Just assuming that she will corrupt your game over time. Just delete her and recreate her in Create a Sim. Write down all her characteristics so that you'll be able to copy them. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 04:25, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Melissa doesn't actually corrupt your game she is the the corrupted, her data file is incomplete and she it's recommended not to resurrect her as she may cause issues with your game. ParanormalJ (talk) 10:26, December 13, 2013 (UTC)