This is a page for discussing improvements to Mortimer GothTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
A note to all users:[edit source]
I am sure many people that utilise this website enjoy to hear about what you did with the sims in your game, but please, add those details in the Player Stories sections. Please do not add info from your game into the main text, or the Character bios either. Also, do not add ages into the character info boxes because they are presumptive of information that is not cited. Thank you.
M. H. Avril 06:59, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
Default Story ?[edit source]
When I try to follow the tutorial box that pops up when you first play the Goth family, it says something about "Go now, don't let Dina wait" after she called for an outing in downtown, and when you first got there, Don will be part of the outing too as well.
That was the last tutorial box popped for me for the Goth family, is there any more? What's the "default story" if you follow the message box tutorials for every single one of the premade families? --Chris3h 07:35, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
Is my Sim a pervert?[edit source]
Everytime any sim of mine in Pleasantview chooses Look Through (not Stargaze) with a telescope, eventually Mortimer will run into my house and yell at them. Gyromite 10:28, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Not exactly. It happens to all sims. lol. When sims look through the telescope during the day, they will accidently see another sim in the neighborhood. The sim that they see will then come to the house and yell at them. Random Ranaun 20:34, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Yup, well, only the Pleasantwiew sims and only if he's alive. Guessing that if you are in Strangetown you will get Buzz Grunt or Loki Beaker instead, in Veronaville you will get one of the Capps\Montys, and in your created neighboorhood, you will get the first sim you put in town. (or the second, if the first sim is in your playable household. No, if you make a new neighboorhood, create a brand new sim, and make them go at the telescope as the very first thing they do, you will not get anyone to peek at you. No, not even Marisa Bendett.) Kaylabaraonda (talk) 18:53, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
Why is Mortimer in the Glitchy Sims category? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Simstar3 (talk • contribs) 05:14, September 11, 2010 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- Good question. I asked the person who added it, let's see. --Duskeytalk 11:21, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
He is glitchy because sometimes in the games he grows up and his child tumbnail remains to the relationships with other people and wishes and family tree that i think is in Life Leading up to The Sims 3 section, so don't delete the category because these actually happened in my game too. Thanks =) Guilherme Guerreiro 14:21, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Am I a Killer?[edit source]
Whenever Dina Caliente marries Mortimer Goth she dies 3 sim hours later I tried exiting without saving and she still dies. What do I do?!?!?!? Smrtgrl888 04:44, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Poor Dina... at least she fulfilled her dream of being super rich.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Child thumbnail[edit source]
it sometimes shows mortimer as a child in the sims 3 and its p*****g me off help —Preceding unsigned comment added by TheSimMaster (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- Firstly, please refrain from the profanity. I won't take action since this is your first offense. Also, could you please elaborate on this further as I am currently clueless here. Lost Labyrinth • (c) • (b) 22:41, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- You do understand that The Sims 3 is a prequel to The Sims? So Mortimer should ALWAYS start as a child, because the story takes place during Mortimer's childhood. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:53, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Error main picture[edit source]
I saw that someone changed old main picture to new main picture. But when I went to page I saw this :
I think that it caused rewrite this picture with yours funkcion. I dowlanded photo to my computer and again added with different name .
~~Majo.mraz.9~~ 7:21 , 11 May ,2014 (UTC)
- I never changed that picture, even check the history. Joey.eyeball (talk) 10:04, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh ,realy sory Joey.eyeball ,my mistake :/ ~~Majo.mraz.9~~ 11:21 , 11 May ,2014 (UTC)
- This user changed the picture. I think he changed it by accident. However, I don't know if he do that on purpose or not, if he does then why? ThePeculiarMe | (talk to me) 10:28, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
- He didn't change it by accident. He simply reuploaded a different picture under the same name with the old headshot, which means he replaced the old one. The reason the headshot looked odd is because of Wikia glitch. Sometimes when an image is replaced, the image thumbnail cache remains and isn't updated properly, causing the image to stretch. Since there are 2 of the same images now, I'll delete one of them.
- You can revert the image back to its old main picture, right? And yeah, I questioned myself that, about the TS4 logo. He should resize the images of Mortimer and the logo and add a divider. Maybe he made TS4 logo larged enough because it is coming. ThePeculiarMe | (talk to me) 13:05, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't realize that regular users couldn't revert image revisions. And yes, I can revert the image back. There's nothing specifically wrong with the image. It's only the logo that annoys me. I would revert it if it's absolutely necessary, but technically you could reupload the old version and replace the current one with it. We can keep it, or maybe somebody else could edit the image and resize the logo, or we could revert it. I want to know what anyone else thinks. Nikel Talk – Vote! 13:34, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
Trivia source?[edit source]
I found interesting the trivia about the bio having to allude that Mortimer is a vampire and the notes left in the game files. However I would have liked to know which tool have been used and in which file it can be found. Looking at the history, this information was added by an anonymous user and this was his/her only edit. Does someone have a sourced info for that? Otherwise maybe it should be deleted.
--Aster09 11:27, June 14, 2020 (UTC)