This is a page for discussing improvements to RelationshipTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Liftime & Daily Relatiosnhip scores[edit source]
Did people forget about this?! The only reason i'm not doing it becasue I lost my prima guide which would explainmore clearly.
Someone should probaly distinct relationships between the Sims 1,2, and 3. If there are any differences.
I understand relationships are very broad topic, do you know the amount of tagging between articles we would have to do? :p
The Sims 2 relationship table[edit source]
It's not useful for the PC version, since it seems to assume one relationship scale instead of two. For example, it doesn't reflect that "Friend" depends on daily relationship while "Best Friend" depends on lifetime relationship. Dharden 20:06, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
- I went ahead and redid it, noting that "Best Friend" and "Lover" depend on lifetime scores. Dharden 20:49, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
How do you make a sim a Romantic Interest in TS3? UBFunkaneer 23:44, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
-- Simply use plenty of Romantic Interactions until you see the option to 'Confess Attraction' appear. (Kiwi tea 00:01, May 4, 2010 (UTC))
Ah man! I should've used it when I had the chance... UBFunkaneer 01:11, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
this is kinda weird, but...[sims3][edit source]
in the sims 3, all of my sims love eachover like crazy. everyone is cheating on someone esle...kinda awkward, yet enjoyable to watch...lol!!!!
Just an Update, But in the SIms 3 pets an Animal can ask a Sim to be BFFs and Vise Versa.
If someone wants to add this go ahead. I'm too lazy. :p
Old Friends in TS3[edit source]
Is being Old Friends something positive or negative in TS3?
Is it better state of best-friends, or not?
And how can it be reverted to regular state of friendship?
SF01 (talk) 18:31, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
- It's positive, but it's not better than good or best friends. It's the state when you haven't socialized with your friends long enough. Once your Sims have become old friends, they can never change into just friends, good, or best friends anymore.
- There's a workaround to change this though. If you travel and then call or text your old friends, they will turn into friends again. I suppose it's because the game time is reset back to day 1 when you go to different sub-hood. Nikel Talk – Vote! 03:41, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, you can only travel to a sub-neighborhood if you have World Adventures or University Life (or Into the Future, apparently). De-friending and being friends again might be able to fix the friendship state, but I don't know because I've never tried it. Nikel Talk – Vote! 01:41, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I confirm, the method I have desribed works, I have tried it, negative actions reverted old friend to acquaintance which I could then befriend. So I think it's worth mentioning in the article in mentions about old friends. I presume the same can be done with enemies.
- SF01 (talk) 11:44, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
Glitch in Relationships[edit source]
You know there is the occasional glitch in the Sims 2 base game where sometimes a Sim may reject another Sim for engagement or going steady regardless of how high the relationship bars are. It could just be that the Sim in question wasn't in a good mood at the time. But still, it's rather strange to have a Sim reject another Sim for this sort of thing outright, without so much as a single explanation. C.Syde65 (talk) 09:20, February 12, 2014 (UTC)