This is a page for discussing improvements to ScenarioTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Engagement & Grandchild removed scenarios[edit source]
Back when I still tweaked the game with SimPE, I myself found some strings that pointed out Engagement & Grandchildren scenarios, so I wouldn't deny it. However, it would be really great if anyone can describe or explain anything about these removed scenarios other than just listing them here.
It had been long since I used SimPE to view the game files, so I don't remember where I found them. I did write down about it when I found them, but I didn't write much. For starters, there's this line, "Hi there, dearie. Isn't it about time we had a grandchild to spoil?" which would probably appear from answering a phone. Nikel Talk – Vote! 14:55, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I found them in Object workshop. I just added them since they were scenarios. So no citation is needed as they are in the game files. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Frogz2007 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- Actually, it still needs citation. Or rather, clarification. Not everyone has access to the information, and even, such information is very elusive. Nothing is explained about the so-called removed scenarios, so how could the readers understand or believe the information? Nikel Talk – Vote! 17:26, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Um, no. You're wrong at this point. Only people who regularly visit Sims forums like ModTheSims, and only people who understand how to mess around with SimPE may know this. Not even all members of the forums might be familiar to this kind of information.
- This is a wiki. We have to look at the regular player's point of view. Not everyone knows and has access to the information on what's buried deep in the game files. Without clear explanation, it will leave the readers of this article confused if the information doesn't have specific or reliable source. Nikel Talk – Vote! 13:00, December 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Good news. Chris Hatch (a pro modder) took the liberty of getting the Big Boss, engagement and grandchild scenarios working. He is making them standalone and he said they are almost done. When they finish, could I put a link to download them when he gets them done?Frogz2007 (talk) 14:54, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
I guess... maybe? We should look first. The premise is not to share something harmful publicly. Nikel Talk – Vote! 15:33, January 20, 2014 (UTC)