This is a page for discussing improvements to Secret skillTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
"Sims can play chess on the chess table board. This does not work with playing chess on the computer." What doesn't work? Does this mean the Sim doesn't gain Chess skill from practising on the computer? 188.8.131.52 14:13, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
Hidden Secret Skills?[edit source]
According to Treeag's Book of Talent mod, there are so many skills up to Ambitions. I don't know if the skills are made up by Treeag himself or the skills are actually real, but you can see the list of skills here. So, according to the list, there are secret skills that are not listed here: Potty Training, Learn to Talk, Learn to Walk, Xylophone, Peg Box, Blocks, and Child Cooking. In addition, it doesn't include Pyromaniac and Immune to Fire skills. Are they real or made-up? If they're real, should they be listed in here? Nikel23 14:24, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- First of all, Immune to Fire and Pyromaniac are NOT skills but hidden traits. Secondly the hidden skills for toddlers and the cooking for children are not secret. their effect is negated until they reach the proper age at which time the skill will be revealed at the approprioate level depending on if they completed the toddler skills or not. Technically the learn to Potty, Talk and Walk are life skills. Just like they were in The Sims 2. There's nothing secret about them.Bafendo 15:58, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
I added a lot more hidden skills that I got from Sim3Pe, but I have no idea of any details from them. I can only guess what. The only thing I got is the list of skills and the maximum skill points. I have no idea what or how to gain the last 3 Showtime hidden skills. Plus, the Gambling hidden skill code version is set to Showtime. I wonder if Gambling skill is already available from Showtime? Nikel Talk – Vote! 05:33, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Gambling is a visible skill, kept in the skill journal, and was added in the Store. I recommend caution plucking skills from S3pe unless you are very familiar with the game. Some of the skills are not necessarily implemented yet, such as Gambling up until recently. (Kiwi tea (talk) 06:14, August 8, 2012 (UTC))
Child Instrument Skills[edit source]
What is this? My children cannot interact with instruments... which is kind of disappointing as I'm wasting their childhood not being able to boost their skills. Does it has something to do with AwesomeMod or any mods? Nikel Talk – Vote! 16:28, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
I don't know if Study hidden skill affects the speed rate of completing the college assignment, but I'm pretty sure that helping another Sim who hasn't been taught to study will give them "Learned to Study from (Sim)" memory. It possibly causes them to earn the skill as well? Nikel Talk – Vote! 15:34, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
Hidden Store Skills[edit source]
A few things I found out about some of the hidden skills (in the game dlls):
Air Guitar - Reaching top level of the Music Career won't do it. Instead you'll need The Hypnotizer from the Store and use the interaction "Command to jam on air guitar" on someone else to increase their Air Guitar skill (or yours if you fail). 800 skill points added per interaction -> 123 successful (or all failed) commands required to master.
Consignment - Same as above but with "Make A Chart" (UL whiteboard). 100 skill points added per completed interaction -> making 983 charts required to master.
Gambling (from Showtime) - Although there's no way of gaining this skill, it increases the odds of winning at the Slot Machine (without Lucky Coin).
Rubble Clearing - Not a skill.
--2003:DD:E3DE:465D:5817:C280:7522:8764 (talk) 08:03, June 29, 2017 (UTC)
Missing TS4 skills[edit source]
Other than the gamer skills (actually scores which decay to 0 in just 5 days) and reaping (scrapped since 2016), there are 9 hidden skills in the latest installment (as of Seasons):
- 3 Retail skills (Get to Work) - visible while managing employees
- Foosball (Get Together)
- 2 Food Mastery skills (City Living) - granting special traits once completed
- Rock Climbing (Fitness Stuff)
- Pet Poop Cleanup (Cats & Dogs)
- Skating (Seasons)
--2003:DD:E747:14FA:AD1D:B95C:F151:6EEE (talk) 13:37, August 26, 2018 (UTC)