This is a page for discussing improvements to Singles householdTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Why don't we change the name of the members to the real name? Example, Erin Singles to Erin Beaker, and the rest... Because that is their proper name. Or maybe someone can tell me good reason why my opinion is wrong?Ajannaka 03:35, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
That's what their names are in the game. And technically, Erin Singles has never been referred to as Erin Beaker, nor has Kristen been referred to as Kristen Loste or the twins are Lola and Chloe Curious/Smith. In the canon game, at least. I created redirects, though. Sparrowsong 03:39, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- 1: Erin Beaker has been referred as that, while in Aurora Skies. And there already are sims who are suppose to have changed their names, right? Like Cycl0n3 Sw0rd was born under another name, and Girbits Worthington is actually Frances Worthington the First, and Matthew Hamming use to be Matthew Sleep, and Ginia Kat is implied to be Holly Alto after a name change and grey hair-dye, so these four might have changed their last name to Singles. Or it may just be a programmer's oversight. Fact stands, if one of them gets pregnant, the kid's last name would be singles. Actually, for all we know, we already know Cycl0n3's real name and he already is in someone's TS2 family tree. Someone should check for Face 8 dudes with S1 skin, brown eyes, and red hair genetics, it's propably him. Also the reason they made all of them have singles as a last name, is so they would actually show up as the singles household instead of curious household. Kaiko Mikkusu (talk) 20:35, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
- (P.S. if TS4 makes a family where Blair and Cycl0n3 are married, and Cycl0n3 is going by his birth name, will the page for him still be at "cycl0n3 sw0rd"?)
Hmm, I think I'd agree there. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 22:19, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
- For now I've changed all of their articles and renamed them with the proper surname. Any objections to this should be posted here. Ѧüя◎ґ (talk) 03:49, June 22, 2014 (UTC)
My only objections are that you should move Lola Curious-Smith and Chloe Curious-Smith back to Lola Curious and Chloe Curious. Pollination Technician Nine Smith impregnated Glarn Curious but it was Glarn who gave birth to Lola and Chloe. Therefore I personally think that they should only be named Lola and Chloe Curious.
I also think that Unborn Baby Curious should be moved back to Tycho Curious as it is his most chronologically up to date name. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 06:25, June 23, 2014 (UTC)
- FWIW, I'm sure there are disputes over this for a number of times. I can't find any discussions regarding this at the moment, but I do prefer that they're called their proper surname. Nikel Talk – Vote! 11:07, June 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I think we should move Lola Curious-Smith and Chloe Curious-Smith to Lola Curious and Chloe Curious, because Pollination Technician Nine Smith imgregnated Glarn Curious so Lola and Chloe would take Glarn's surname - baby Sims take the surname of whatever parent gave birth to them.
I noticed this come up earlier today. I also wonder why Curious-Smith was used. I know that in the Megahood that I played, they were named that as well. It could have been because the creator had influence here, or maybe it was the other way around. - Icemandeaf (talk) 05:40, September 9, 2014 (UTC)