This is a page for discussing improvements to TemperatureTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
The internal temperature range for Bigfoot is taken from constants in the warmthfixes mod at More Awesome Than You. Not having Bon Voyage, I can't check the original Maxis values, but I don't see any indication that Pescado changed them. Dharden (talk) 17:01, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
- I happened to see your comment here. Are you sure? There isn't witch in the table either. Nikel Talk 11:43, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I am sure that Bigfoot has a different temperature range than normal Sims. I still do not have Bon Voyage, but do now have FreeTime, so the Maxis constants may include values for Bigfoot. As for witches, I have never seen any information about witches and temperature. My assumption has always been that a witch's temperature range would be determined by their base life state. So, for example, a Servo-Witch would still be unaffected by the surrounding temperature, while a normal Sim who became a witch would still be subject to heatstroke and freezing. Dharden (talk) 12:26, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
- The Bigfoot values are there in FreeTime. They aren't labeled, but it's obvious that that's what they are. I mis-read the maximum, but was only off by one. Dharden (talk) 15:55, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
Alien Werewolf[edit source]
|Alien||-100||80||Presumably includes first-generation alien-Sim hybrids.|
|Werewolf||-50||100||They can become Cold, but not Very Cold.|
I have an alien-sim hybrid werewolf, although at the moemnt its daytime, and she just froze a couple of times, which the table above suggests she shouldnt be able to do. She was born when her mother was adopted by aliens, so she is part sim, but with the werewolf part of her she shouldnt be able to get that cold. Does anyone else have any experiance to back this up? If its a common thing maybe one of these is wrong? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sims2addict9312 (talk • contribs) 13:38, September 13, 2012 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- I'm not aware of any information on which values take precedence with hybrids. I'm also not sure if the values for werewolves apply at all times, or only when transformed. Only when transformed would make sense, but we are talking about EA. My understanding is that life states other than normal Sims can't freeze, but I don't know for sure. Dharden (talk) 14:27, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I can only say that IMO werewolves only take effect of the temperature in their werewolf form. I once got a Sim to be at near end of his freezing point and transformed him into werewolf form, but his temperature raised... and he didn't freeze. But that situation does make me wonder what will happen to other hybrids, like Werewolf-PlantSim, but I suppose their temperature limit would just be capped from -50 to 50. Nikel Talk – Vote! 14:39, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
Universal NPCs will not visibly appear cold[edit source]
I've been messing about with two of the Universal NPCs on a laptop - Ideal plantsim, and Witch Doctor. Although the two of them became very cold while they were outside in the snow, their skin tones did not change to the bluish skin tone that regular Sims receive when they are freezing.
It seems that the affects of being cold do not show visibly on Universal NPCs, even if they are so cold that they freeze. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 04:15, March 12, 2015 (UTC)
Changing a Sim's Body temperature with cheats and hacks[edit source]
Are there any hacks (such as SimPE) that can be used to alter the Sim's current body temperature in-game? For example, a Sim is hot to the point where they risk getting heat stroke, and I randomly want to change their temperature from very hot, to very cold. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 04:15, March 12, 2015 (UTC)