Talk:The Sims 3: Into the Future
This is a page for discussing improvements to The Sims 3: Into the FutureTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Time Travel?[edit source]
Kinda new to the franchise. I hope it won't turn bad.
And of course, I would like to have a Doctor Sim while playing this pack, if you know what I mean.
11:02, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
I bet in this future we will see a Sim playing The Sims 4 :D Just like Rod Humble brought you The Sims 3 computer 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:00, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
Grim Reaper playable life state true, fasle, unconfirmed either way? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- Its just a rumor I heard going around *shrugs* Something about players being able to be a reaper or something. Probably false I was just wondering is there was any confirmed merit to it. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 08:35, May 14, 2013 (UTC)Tacobell
No its not that's why it might be changed some how from being a non playable npc to being something we can play/become. Assuming the rumor is true it probably isn't though.
126.96.36.199 (talk) 09:15, May 14, 2013 (UTC)Tacohell
I have a feeling that there will be loads of Dr Who references in this EP
Cutabello (talk) 19:45, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Or maybe Back to the Future, considering that the time traveller appears to be named "Emmett". Dharden (talk) 21:59, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
- No, the sims team would never be THAT creative. If you listen to the Producer walkthrough for this (now on Youtube), the time traveller is called "emit rellevart". Which considering ALL the possible references they could have made, just flipping time traveller backwards to create his name was really creative *sarcasm* Keltboy, 09:23 August 29th, 2013 (UTC
So this is basically another simbot? greeeeat cause thats what we needed another simbot not something you know cool? and new... 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:42, July 26, 2013 (UTC)HELLOHKITTEHISLANDADVENTURE:S
- IMO, it seems more like "what SimBot (or at least Servo) should have been all along". Dharden (talk) 21:59, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I know what you mean by Doctor sim!—Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Event Trigger[edit source]
It seems that there are 3 types of future, but only, they're all predetermined. I should've known that anyway. I think EA overlooked it too much. They only considered that this "future" is only controlled by one Sim only (see the Descendants tab?). I bet if we switch household, everything will no longer be relevant and the descendant will not be extended or maybe even broken. Nikel Talk – Vote! 16:03, August 21, 2013 (UTC)
Say. What's date does The Sims 3: Into the Future release? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Nadiya2000 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- As stated on the page, it's October 22nd in North America. Nikel Talk – Vote! 16:09, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
Game Play Questions[edit source]
I'm thinking about buying this expansion pack, but I don't want to get it and find that it ruins game play for me. Better to ask people who have played, to make sure it doesn't end up uninstalled and never played.
- The sim that travels into the future, is it just one sim that travels or can I take other members of the household with them?
- If I choose to have for example, Adrian, Cassandra and Aria travel to the future (if question one applies), can I keep them in the future and some how switch back and play the other sims from the family left back in Sunset Valley? Or would Adrian, Cassandra and Aria have to come back?
- Do the sims have to always live in Emit Relevart's house, in Oasis Landing, or can they move out and buy a new house?
- Would they keep all their household funds upon moving, or would they have to earn simoleons in OL?
- If I chose to stay in Oasis Landing, had the sims age, raise a family. All of the original time travelling sims died, and I was playing as one of their grandchildren, would that grandchild be able to return to Sunset Valley? (And possibly bring the urns of all departed sims in their family with them in their inventry?)
- Does all simoleons earned and skill progress and items in their inventry still remain, when they return home to Sunset Valley?
Sorry for all the questions, I really want to make sure the game is absolute right, before I buy. WayfinderOwl (talk) 05:25, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- You can take more than one member of your household. I think you can take children along, but I don't know about Sims younger than children. I believe you can't take pets either.
- They have to come back altogether if you want to switch families. The travel system is just like WA travel system.
- I haven't tried, but I'm pretty sure you can.
- They keep their household funds, and you can still earn money there.
- Haven't tried that either, but I'm sure you can since the grandchildren still belong to the same household. The question is whether or not you can do that if you switch household in Oasis Landing.
- Sorry, I can't give exact answers since I don't ITF quite enough yet. :/ I only answered you based on how much I've heard. Nikel Talk – Vote! 14:28, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- That alright. Thanks for the answers anyway. The more important questions have been answered. I did have an idea in mind, where all of the family (a few generations down the line) all travel to the future, and live there forever. WayfinderOwl (talk) 21:06, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- IMO, Oasis Landing isn't the best place to live. For starters, you can't get any regular rabbit hole job there other than Bot Arena or Astronomer career, unless you have a mod for that (I know where to find the mod), and neither can you get a profession. There's no school, so you'll need to place one by yourself. There's no sea, just lake, so Island Paradise means nothing in Oasis Landing. The town lacks a lot of rabbit holes too. Nikel Talk – Vote! 04:48, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Cool! The rabbit holes drive me crazy. I want to see what my sims are doing in those buildings. I miss the community lot shops from sims 2. I don't have mods, nor want to use them. And I never use cheats. Awesome about the schools, because they bug me in this game. I suppose it a little sucks for needing the good grades to pick traits, but then again, I could just let the game choose them traits, and then change them to what I want with the lifetime reward. I have no idea bout Island Paradise, since I only have one expansion pack, Supernatural. I'm totally sold on this. I'd love to have a couple of generations of the Goths as Astronomers that would be so cool! Thanks for all the info Nikel, it really helped. WayfinderOwl (talk) 22:01, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
the sims 3 pets[edit source]
can pets from the sims 3 pets go into the future?—Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 18:33 27 June 2014 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- No, they can't. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 19:16, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
why not —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 21:14 27 June 2014 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- I don't know, they just can't. That's a question for the game developers. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 21:16, June 27, 2014 (UTC)