Talk:The Sims Wiki/Archive 3
Content update[edit source]
I'd like to suggest a few changes for 'Contents' on the main page:
- Aspirations should be changed to Traits. Traits will get the Simology image and Simlogy will get a new one.
- Custom content gets changed to Downloads and gets a new image.
- Would also be cool to have Fast Lane Stuff on there.
- Maybe the latest patch page aswell.
- Added The Sims Wiki:Sandbox/Contents to display my proposed changes. Duskey(talk)(blog) 21:12, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Additional: What's with the fixed width on the top text? (see screenshot on the right) Duskey(talk)(blog) 21:43, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Additional: I added some suggestions to the news segment on the aforementioned The Sims Wiki:Sandbox/Contents page. Duskey(talk)(blog) 08:09, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Look at Help:Main page column tags.
- If it messes comepletely with users running low resolutions, we could always skip the flavor text of upcoming releases and just have the icon with the title. The patches list isn't that wide to begin with so I think it's ok. Does anyone have any comments on the the contents? Duskey(talk) 19:32, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
I'd still like the change the 'custom content' to downloads and 'ea games' to something else like 'game updates', but my creativity is shot at the moment and I can't seem to make any buttons worth using. Duskey(talk) 17:18, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
News organization[edit source]
At the moment our news section looks like this:
|Sims 3 RSS||Upcoming releases|
|Newest releases||Sims 3 game updates|
I'd like to suggest adding our own Sims news using Category:Blog posts/Sims News.
|Sims 3 RSS||Sims news by the wiki (New)|
|Newest release including sims 3 game updates (Merged)||Upcoming releases (Moved)|
Reworking of Main Page in preparation for new skin[edit source]
This may be an initiative of the new skin project, but I think general comment on how the main page should be laid out is the duty of the entire community.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this blog. To really see first-hand what this change is about, you can go to skin in your preferences menu and try out the "New Wikia Look." It's important that you explore the Wiki with this new look a bit, just to experience the changed layout of the Wiki.
- How about moving the wiki to ShoutWiki so we can keep Monaco.--Eduardog3000 20:51, October 7, 2010 (UTC)