This is a page for discussing improvements to ThemeTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Theme Rearrangement[edit source]
This page needs a rearrangement, since the game and the articles don't seem to match at all. I'll try to re-list the themes again.
- The Sims
- Livin' Large = Family Life?
- House Party = Party
- Hot Date = Dating
- Vacation = Vacation
- Unleashed = Pet
- Superstar = Fame
- Makin' Magic = Magic
- The Sims 2
- University = College
- Nightlife = Nightlife, Dating
- Open for Business = Business
- Pets = Pet
- Seasons = Weather
- Bon Voyage = Vacation
- FreeTime = Hobby
- Apartment Life = Social Life, Magic
- The Sims 3
- World Adventures = "Vacation"
- Ambitions = Hobby, Profession
- Late Night = Nightlife, Party, Fame
- Generations = Family Life, Party
- Pets = Pet
- Showtime = Fame
I don't really know what Livin' Large theme is. Note that Apartment Life is not actually Apartment theme, but rather a Social Life theme. Apartment is a part of the Social Life, for living in a closed quarters in communal residence. It points out more in its Social Life than "Apartment".
Gardening. What kind of theme is gardening? It's just a feature. Also, I don't think Stuff Packs really need to be mentioned, since their themes are already obvious and unique on their own. Nikel Talk 02:10, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
Are celebrities part of the Social Life?[edit source]
The title basically says it all. Is the celebrity system from Late Night apart of the "social life" category? ~ Waikikamukow (Anyone wanna chat?) 05:24, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, I'm not sure... But surely there's a Fame theme which will suit celebrity system more than Social Life. I mean, it's worth distinguishing as Fame could be part of Social Life, but not the other way around. Nikel Talk – Vote! 11:29, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- That is very true. Fame seems more appropriate than Social Life. ~ Waikikamukow (Anyone wanna chat?) 08:47, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
A "story" could be included for all story-driven games out there (certain console ones, The Sims Stories Series, Medieval, and Strangerville). DrakonoSkerdikas (talk) 17:57, June 23, 2019 (UTC)