Talk:Timeline of events in The Sims series
This is a page for discussing improvements to Timeline of events in The Sims seriesTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
This is a good idea, but it looks like this sort of "laundry list" could get long and unwieldy. The before TS3 list is already quite long, and doesn't yet include the Landgraabs or Altos. Dharden 14:53, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- One thought I had was to divide it into pages for births, marriages and deaths. --a_morris (talk) 16:30, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- That's a thought, though there are probably some events that deserve mention. It's also occurred to me that some things may have occurred "off screen" during a game's timeframe, rather than between them. Dharden 16:37, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
I think it can be safely assumed that any Sim who has adult grandchildren or great-grandchildren in TS2 was born before the start of TS3, and that those with adult grandchildren in TS2 were probably alive in the timeframe of TS3. Also, I think it can be assumed that Sims who were presented as middle-aged or elderly in TS1 were born before the start of TS3. Dharden 18:22, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Adult Sims in TS1 who aren't presented as middle-aged or elderly were probably born near the end of TS3 or the beginning of the gap between TS3 and TS1. Dharden 14:41, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
They're suppose to be 27 and thus would be TODDLERS in TS3! Like Sam and Sandi and Dimitri! They're the same age as Chris, Melissa, Claire, et al. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:13, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
Cassandra Goth's possible future[edit source]
Is it worth mentioning the possibility that Cassandra's first child will be a daughter named Isabella? So many players seem to develop the story in that way, much in the same way that many seem to have Angela and Lilith swap boyfriends later in the game. I thought that if the one deserved a mention as part of the "possible future" section then maybe the other did too. ^_^ Beatrice Monty 12:21, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that section should be limited to speculation about what is likely to be official canon, should there be a sequel to TS2 set 25 years in its future. Sure, some things are pretty obvious. Sims who are elders or very close to being elders in TS2 will almost certainly be dead. Since EA set up the Don-dumps-Cassandra situation, I'd think that'd be part of it as well. I'm also assuming that it'd include Don's disappearance - at least wrt that timeframe. There's a certain ... logic to Cassandra naming a daughter for her mother, and Isabella does have a Goth-y sound to it, but I think editors should be cautious about assuming something is likely to become canon just because many players work it into their games. Personally, I like that many of the back-stories are left somewhat ambiguous, to be filled in (or not) as individual players choose. Dharden 14:36, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
Make a complete timeline of the sims games[edit source]
What we should do is make a timeline of all the game events and years.
Misleading Information[edit source]
The future events page leads us to believe the Pleasant View Bella died at Lunar Lakes, while it was actually a different one. Also, nothing confirms the canon status of the Social Bella, she's just like the Newbie family in the console versions of TS2 Pets.
Also, there's no evidence that Cassandra disappeared in Bustin' Out. Well, she did disappear, but the way it's written, seens like she was abducted, kidnapped or something like it.
It's also safe to assume Lucky Palms is before TS2, maybe at the time of TS1. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:58, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree. It's kind of misleading. I'm gonna remove it. Nikel Talk – Vote – Guess! 03:15, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
- It's actually safer to assume Lucky Palms is set at least 13 years before Pleasantview. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 20:24, August 5, 2012 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
The Sims 4[edit source]
After Maxis people said that TS4 will be part of an alternate timeline regarding the TS1/2/3 one, how are we going to handle things regarding it here? I guess we could keep the page as it is unitl September, but I am not sure how things are going to play out after the game releases... DanPin • talk • contribs 15:21, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Maybe a separate section for TS4 continuity? Ѧüя◎ґ (talk) 15:49, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I think that they could set The Sims 4 between The Sims 3 and The Sims , no in "alternative
- universe" . I realy don´t like this step :( ~~Majo.mraz.9~~ 18:48 , 16. June ,2014 (UTC)