This is a page for discussing improvements to Tragic ClownTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Hey, just t point out that Irony implies a contradiction. The Tragic clown was a sad man and his ghost is blue which is a color for sadness, that's no contradictory, thats in fact very appropriated, so it's no ironic.
According to this edit, he said that in this image, the cause of Tragic Clown's death is that he drowned in the Goth's pool while there's no ladder in that pool. As I know, Sims can get out of pool even without ladder. But the point is, as I know, the image is a made-up (non-canon) image that TheXmas made for many Sims. So, I think a trivia derived from that image is considered not true. Nikel Talk 07:30, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
I added the trivia portion about Tragic Clown's picture of him falling into the Goth's pool may be the reason for him drowning. It should be deleted if it's untrue. I understand. If you don't mind, I'll just edit it out. Bio 12:08, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
Wacy500 (talk) 22:02, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
I think the Tragic Clown might just be a lifestate of sorts, cuz all sims have a chance to become Tragic Clowns for 2 hours in TS3, or at least teens-and-older that are not already an occult. The one that drowned, is just an unknown townie sim that just happened to die while in said lifestate. (Propably he was drowned by someone with a fear of clowns.) Maybe no one recognized him, so they just called him Tragic Clown.
And the one in TS1, well, let's say that a mad scientist or someone else, wanted to harness the Tragic Clown powers and\or abilities, and he was turned into a permanent Tragic Clown. This might even have happened long before TS3 (Victor and Gretle's childhood\teenhood) but could also have happened as late as the late teenhood of the Unborn Babies Keaton and Ursine-Frio. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Kaiko Mikkusu (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- No. The Tragic Clown in Supernatural is not a life state. It's a temporary state given to Sims by a certain moodlet. Having this moodlet will cause Sims to change their appearance and behavior, but it's technically not a real life state. Also contrary to popular belief, zombies in Supernatural is also a temporary state, not a real life state. Nikel Talk – Vote! 08:29, April 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, there are temporary zombies and full-on zombies, so there can have been temporary Tragic Clowns and Tragic Clowns who are always Tragic Clowns. Maybe in TS4... And the two Tragic Clowns look completely different, one is a blonde slightly-modified Face 1, and the other is a redhead with a completely different (longer\more angular\manly) facial structure. Kaiko Mikkusu (talk) 21:24, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
- No, the "full-on" zombies are also temporary state. It's handled by a moodlet as well. If your Sim is cured by Moodlet Manager, or by any means you remove the moodlet, your Sim is cured. And there's no "permanent" Tragic Clown. Tragic Clowns are temporary, and even though they're "permanent" like zombies, it's still a temporary state. The Sims 4 is a different story, and not much is known about that as of yet. Nikel Talk – Vote! 05:42, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I meant full-on zombies as in the one in Sims 2 University, the ones resurrected as zombies. They stay zombies even though the kids they have will not be zombies unless you export the zombie with SimPe and create a clone in another neighboorhood who still has the same skintone and the clone's kid would still have the zombie skin. Same for plantsims and the extremely good\extremely bad witches, even tho the extremely good witch's sparkles might be considered facepaints for CAS purposes. Kaiko Mikkusu (talk) 08:19, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about zombies in The Sims 3: Supernatural. Zombies in University is considered a life state, unlike Supernatural. Anyway, the way life state works in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 has differed significantly. In The Sims 2, their skins are just hidden custom skins, facepaints, and cosmetics, with several special interactions. The life state only sticks to the Sim in question. Life states in The Sims 3 are genetics, instead, and can be passed down on children. Nikel Talk – Vote! 08:30, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
In my game, he has the Excitable trait instead of Easily Impressed. Is this a glitch? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:32, June 25, 2014 (UTC)
How is the Tragic Clown resurrectable? As far as I know, nobody knows him. OoppDecks (talk) 15:56, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
- You can befriend his ghost if he appears in the graveyard. Nikel Talk – Vote! 03:39, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- It depends if you have expansion packs or not. The debug cheats don't work unless expansion packs are installed. If you have the base game only, then you'd have to do it the hard way. I found it really annoying, because when I didn't have expansion packs installed, I had to go through all that nonsense about buying alley cat fish so that I could catch angelfish in order to catch deathfish. And I had to go through all that trouble with finding those special life fruit seeds. Not to mention the wrong ghost ate my Sim's ambrosia the first time.
I still don't get why you brought up buy debug to the discussion. Anyway, you can't get any of the ingredients in buy debug even if you have complete EPs. Nikel Talk – Vote! 07:04, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- I have used BuyDebug to access many debug objects including all the different types of fish (including death fish) and plants (including life fruit bush).
- Sorry if my previous statements were unclear, but that's what I meant when I said that you could get the ingredients for ambrosia using buydebug with EPs installed. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 07:22, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh! I completely forgot about the autosoils. The fishing spawner doesn't really help much, however, since you still have to catch the Deathfish on your own. I wanted to point out that you didn't really need any EP to unlock buy debug. You just needed to patch your game. Nikel Talk – Vote! 07:56, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
what's with the so tragic image[edit source]
he's not even on there, can someone explain? Dayle14 (talk) 13:03, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
I mean this image
Dayle14 (talk) 13:07, April 28, 2016 (UTC)