What's this?[edit source]
- This, as far as I can tell, is a template used to post information at the top of a page. For example, on Bella Goth, above her portrait on the top right, this template is used. It seems useful to create stars for Featured Articles, but it hardly seems necessary to highlight games for all sims, as that is an extremely daunting task. -- Patrick (LostInRiverview) (talk)(blog)(random page) 05:29, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
- It clips into site notices. Duskey(talk) 17:29, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I've tried to investigate how to make it move with sitenotice, but it's kinda tricky. I noticed that the Fallout wiki uses an advanced era template, check the links below. I'm not sure what to make of it. Duskey(talk) 00:13, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
Era at Fallout wikia[edit source]
- It's already in use on all featured articles, but the idea of adding that to all articles related to content in TS, TS2, TS3, or any platform games is way too much... However, I think the padlocks should be added to protected pages. -- Patrick (LostInRiverview) (talk)(blog)(random page) 21:27, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I forgot to add that I personally agree with the protected pages thing. Can it be added to protected titles as well without actually adding content to those pages? Else their links will turn blue instead of red and be listed all kinds of places. Duskey(talk) 21:32, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't agree with adding categories to the protected pages though, we already have a Special: list for that if I'm not mistaken. Duskey(talk) 13:00, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, let's agree to use it for protected pages and featured articles for the time being. Duskey(talk) 15:01, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Copied from dev portal talk to Era talk page. Duskey(talk) 00:09, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Random Ranaun has made excellent work of adding all game icons to this template btw. Duskey(talk) 19:02, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
Please only use this template for featured articles and protected pages until further notice. We still need to work out how to make it compatible with sitenotice and whether we want to include it in ALL articles with the game logo's. Add your contribution. Duskey(talk) 23:14, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
I believe I've made the template go down with the sitenotice now. Don't go celebrating just yet though. I still think we should dicuss whether we want to the right side cluttered with icons. So again: For noew just use the locks, featured and real-world icons. Duskey(talk) 23:50, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
The Sims 3 Store[edit source]
Googling "The Sims 4 Store" doesn't bring anything up other than places to buy The Sims 4, but if EA does cough out a "The Sims 4 Store", then the current parameter we use for The Sims 3 Store - "STORE", is going to conflict with it.
So, I suggest that we do with The Sims 3 Store like we did with The Sims 2 Store - change the parameter to "TS3STORE", and instead we'll use "TS4STORE" for The Sims 4 Store (EA has reportedly already registered website domain names for The Sims 5 and 6, so we can expect two more games in the series).
- I agree. I think it's the best solution. It's highly likely that there would be The Sims 4 Store some time in the future... Nikel Talk – Vote! 11:40, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
Icons for The Sims 3 Console[edit source]
There are icons for the console version of The Sims and The Sims 2, but none of The Sims 3.
Newer logos[edit source]
Will parameters for TS3 console be included in era ? Although they're similar to PC platform, they're still different in significant ways. Would be reasonalbe to create them (for base game and pets game). Would it be possible to use the cover arts If there happen to be no exclusive logos? Some sort of custom logo would then need to be used. I can imagine (whoever can design it) of a joystick with a plumbob or idk. Also, there's no logo for TS2 Pets on console. DrakonoSkerdikas (talk) 20:25, December 22, 2018 (UTC)