Custom content:Corrupted doll file
In June 2010, several players noticed that a package file was attaching itself to other packages in The Sims 3. The file was a corrupt girl doll, incorrectly cloned from the teddybear. Simmers became 'infected' by downloading lots, houses or Sims with the hidden doll attached, similar to the way many computer viruses spread, and the doll was determined to cause longer loading times and even game crashes.
Many The Sims community sites began reporting the issue and a simmer named glitzyangel posted a guide on how to get rid of it. After a while EA responded with a sticky on their forum, informing the community about the issue.
[edit | edit source]
- Corrupt file from Exchange slowing down game issue at TheSims3.com.
- Sims 3 Exchange – killer doll on the loose and it's not Chucky at SimPrograms.
- Mail from Sim Web: Please check this out at The Sims 3 Creators Consortium.
- CREEPY DOLL - who or what are you??? at Glitzyangel's Moods.
- The Sims Wiki's guide to removing the corrupted doll file