Jump to navigation Jump to search
Unlucky is a physical trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the lucky trait, and is first available to children.
Things rarely go right for unlucky Sims. They often lose at everything they touch. Though some do take pity on their misfortune...
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Sim is more likely to have bad things happen... fire, burglaries, losing, breaking objects.
- When everything is lost there's nothing to lose. This Sim's got nothing to lose.
Player Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlucky Sims can only die of old age. If they die by any other method besides old age, the Grim Reaper will point and laugh at their misfortune, and then resurrect them.
- This also means that if an Unlucky Sim obtains a method to permanently stop his/her aging, like an Age Freeze Potion (works on all Sim life states) or the Immortal lifetime reward (Vampires only), they will become completely and permanently immortal, as death by old age becomes impossible to them.
- If an Unlucky Sim has 4+ hours of sleep they will wake up with the "Feeling Unlucky" moodlet. Whilst under the influence of the "Feeling Unlucky" moodlet, Sims are more likely to lose games, burn food and cause fires.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the auto-biography genre.
- Unlucky Sims always receive a bad fortune when they eat a Fortune Cookie from the Fortune Factory Fortune Cookie Maker[TS3:WA] (even with the "Only Good Fortunes" upgrade by the handiness skill)
- If University Life is installed and they rant against death via a megaphone, they'll likely die without receiving any sort of warning. But the Grim Reaper will still humorously resurrect them afterwards. This can be considered the fastest and easiest way to encounter the Grim Reaper without any repercussions (other than losing all the moodlets the dead Sim once had).
- Unlucky Sims will always die of electrocution if shocked, even if they do not have the "Singed" moodlet. However, the Grim Reaper will still humorously resurrect them afterwards.[confirmation needed]
- Unlucky Sims are very likely to lose a brawl,[TS3:LN] but the trait does not affect the outcome of the "Fight!" interaction.
- Unlucky Sims have an increased chance of being arrested while in the criminal career.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The trait strangely does not conflict with Brave or Athletic because Athletic Sims are more likely to win a fight and Brave Sims don't panic, they will put out the fire.
Special Moodlets[edit | edit source]
|Feeling Unlucky||After at least 4 hours of sleep, the unlucky Sim may wake up with this negative moodlet. This moodlet adds a -5 penalty to the mood for 24 hours. During this time, negative outcomes are more likely to happen to the Sim: They are more likely to lose a career/opportunity event, more likely to suffer from negative consequences at work (such as arrests in the criminal career), less likely to earn a raise at work, more likely to break objects, more likely to be burgled, more likely to start a fire or burn food at a stove, less likely to win games, and more likely to be electrocuted while repairing electronics.|
Premade Unlucky Sims[edit | edit source]