"Big Ol' Glory" Tree Ring
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|"Big Ol' Glory" Tree Ring|
|When Big Ol' Glory, a tree almost 2,000 years old, was felled, it was cut into many sections to be spread throughout the land. Now, you have a limited opportunity to own a piece of history! You'll receive rave reviews as your visitors will gaze in wonder at the enormous tree stump before them, trying unsuccessfully to count all the rings. At which point, you can inform them that there are precisely 1,943 rings.|
|Game||The Sims 2: Bon Voyage|
|Price in game||§1,300|
The "Big Ol' Glory" Tree Ring is a tree ring display introduced in The Sims 2: Bon Voyage. Examining it fulfills a vacation memento and provides some fun. In addition, a number of messages will appear on the screen revealing the tree's history to the player. Sims will stop examining the display automatically when their fun meter is filled.
The tree ring display can be found on Three Lakes lots by default, although it can also be purchased on residential lots.
If FreeTime is installed, Sims will gain nature enthusiasm from examining the tree.
Messages[edit | edit source]
- 621 years ago[n 1] - The king of a native tribe has this tree planted as a support for his new royal hammock. 3 weeks later, the king loses patience and the reclining throne is invented.
- 540 years ago - The grilled cheese sandwich is invented, apparently very close to this tree. Its bark receives a slight singing and a ghostly grilled cheese aroma which legend claims to have persisted for decades.
- 319 years ago - The flapjack craze sweeps the land, and enterprising syrup makers begin tapping all sorts of trees for sap. Syrup made from this species of tree is quickly dismissed for having "a mysteriously cheeselike" taste.
- 150 years ago - The first automobile is invented, and with it, the tire swing. Local records from this year show a marked increase in sprained ankles and rope burn.
- 86 years ago - A "modern plague," first spread by rabid guinea pigs, ravages Sims, animals, and even plants. This tree survived, but its growth seems to have been stunted for several years.
- 71 years ago - Mayor Landgraab's favorite cat, Squirrelbutters, chases a raccoon up the tree and becomes stranded. The mayor insists that the branch it is clinging to be cut off, rather than have his cat "manhandled by ruffians."
- 41 years ago - There is some evidence of a failed treehouse. A wooden ladder seems to have been nailed into the bottom 10 feet of the trunk, at which point construction was hastily abandoned. On an unrelated note, SimCity's first pinball machine is purchased in the middle of this summer.
- 8 years ago - The weather control device is invented. This tree shows signs of being struck by lightning an astonishing 376 times since then!
- 2 years ago - This majestic giant is struck by a faulty communications satellite and knocked down. Other sections of its trunk were used to construct telephone poles. In an effort to prevent further irony, we ask that you refrain from carving your phone number into the tree.
- Fun fact! The study of tree rings is known as Dendrochronology.
- D. L. + C. G.[n 2]
- D. L. + D. C.[n 2]
- DL + KL[n 2]
- D. L. + N. C[n 2]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ This is inconsistent with the description of the object, which claims that the tree was almost 2,000 years old.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The messages "D. L. + C. G.", "D. L. + D. C.", "DL + KL", "D. L. + N. C", and "D. L. + D. C." are a reference to Don Lothario's loves in Pleasantview (Don Lothario + Cassandra Goth, Don Lothario + Dina Caliente, Don Lothario + Kaylynn Langerak, and Don Lotario + Nina Caliente).