|A lot has happened in 25 years, but some new faces in town are stirring up rivalries and creating tension for the once happy families. Can anything be done to get the neighborhood feeling good again?|
|Game||The Sims 2|
There are a total of 22 residential lots in Pleasantview, and there are another 12 houses in the Lots and Houses bin. Out of these 22 houses, there are at least three mansions. Three homes are trailers, and may or may not be part of a trailer park. (The game does not treat them as part of a trailer park, but players can.) Several more houses make up a series of condos. Finally, one house is an old shack in the woods. The houses in the housing bin can add further variety, offering a hacienda, a Tudor, a bungalow, and even a farmhouse.
Furthermore, there are six pre-made families already living in the neighborhood, and two more in the family bin. For the families that start out moved-in, the median amount of family funds is around 1000 simoleons. Even a family with no significant income will generally have enough to pay one or two rounds of bills.
Pleasantview has many different districts and areas. When placing the water at the bottom of the screen, and viewing it as the water being the South, then: On the upper-left corner, there are some trailers. (The area is often interpreted as being a trailer park, but that's not necessarily the case.) Above the trailers is a wooded area with an isolated shack. In the upper-right corner, there is an area mostly made up of condos, and often called "The Condo Area" or "The Condo District". Around the western Main Street Area is the main commercial area, where the pre-made community lots can be found. Central and eastern Pleasantview contain large suburban houses. The only large house in western Pleasantview is the Pleasants' home. The south, by the water, is Wright Way, which contains the very large and fancy neighborhood (made up of only two unoccupied houses), though some include the Goths and Pleasants in this area.
It is believed that Pleasantview is the town in The Sims as they share streets with the same name, (another theory is that Pleasantview is off to the side, making the streets a continuation of the original) and was possibly Sunset Valley in The Sims 3.
Lots[edit | edit source]
Residential lots[edit | edit source]
Inhabited[edit | edit source]
- 150 Main Street, owned by Lothario
- 170 Main Street, owned by Caliente
- 195 Main Street, owned by Dreamer
- 165 Sim Lane, owned by Goth
- 215 Sim Lane, owned by Pleasant
- 55 Woodland Drive, owned by Broke
Uninhabited[edit | edit source]
Community lots[edit | edit source]
Families[edit | edit source]
Playable families[edit | edit source]
- Broke family 55 Woodland Drive
- Brandi Broke, Dustin Broke, Beau Broke
- Brandi was left to raise two boys alone following her husband's suspicious pool ladder accident. With Dustin acting out, can Brandi teach young Beau to make the right choices in life?
- Caliente family 170 Main Street
- Dina Caliente, Nina Caliente
- Was it just coincidence that the Caliente sisters arrived on the eve of Bella's disappearance? And is their interest in Mortimer physical... or fiscal?
- Dreamer family 195 Main Street
- Darren Dreamer, Dirk Dreamer
- Darren is pursuing his dream of being an artist, while his son Dirk hits the books. And Darren may have found his muse, but will his creativity be enough to win Cassandra's affection?
- Goth family 165 Sim Lane
- Mortimer Goth, Cassandra Goth, Alexander Goth
- Cassandra is ready to start a family of her own, but can she tame the town Casanova? And can Mortimer bounce back after the disappearance of his wife Bella?
- Lothario family 150 Main Street
- Don Lothario
- Who is Don Lothario? Is his engagement to Cassandra Goth genuine? And what about the rumor that her mother, Bella, was last seen scaling the deck of his condo?
- Pleasant family 215 Sim Lane
- Daniel Pleasant, Mary-Sue Pleasant, Angela Pleasant, Lilith Pleasant
- On the surface, Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant seem to have the perfect life, but is their love a flimsy façade? And can Angela and Lilith make the right choices when it comes to love?
Family bin families[edit | edit source]
- John Burb, Jennifer Burb, Lucy Burb
- John, Jennifer and young Lucy have decided to trade the fast-paced city life for some fresh air, and hope to make a nice home here in Pleasantview.
- Herb Oldie, Coral Oldie
- The Oldies are simply one of the nicest families around. Their years together through good and bad have made them into the wonderful parents, and grandparents, they are today.
Townies and NPCs[edit | edit source]
Townies[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Initial Web of Love[edit | edit source]
- Cassandra Goth (Engaged)
- Nina Caliente (Lover)
- Dina Caliente (Crush)
- Kaylynn Langerak (Lover)
- Bella Goth (Attempted to make out with her, but failed)
- Don Lothario (Engaged)
- Darren Dreamer (This is one-sided, as Cassandra is unaware of Darren's feelings for her.)
- Don Lothario (Lover)
Recreating the original Pleasantview[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]