10 Summer Hill Court
|10 Summer Hill Court|
|File:The Landgraab Estate Street View.jpg|
|Unfurnished lot value||§217,811|
|Furnished lot value||§334,772|
|Number of floors||2|
|Occupants||Nancy Landgraab, Geoffrey Landgraab, Malcolm Landgraab|
|Game||The Sims 3|
10 Summer Hill Court is the stately home of the Landgraab family in The Sims 3. It is an enormous and beautiful mansion with three bedrooms and four bathrooms. Located in the most expensive neighborhood in Sunset Valley, the house directly faces both Summer Hill Springs fishing spot, and Villa Alto, home of the Landgraab's long time rivals, the Alto Family.
House Description[edit | edit source]
An elegant home on the most exclusive circle in town, this stately manor resounds with grandeur. Four fireplaces, a massive kitchen, formal and informal living areas, a large custom pool, two-car garage, and elegant neoclassical landscaping round out its elegant features.
With its square shape, decorative half-timbering, large rooms and multiple masonry chimneys, the house appears to be, at the very least, influenced by the brief Tudor-revival architectural period that took place around the world in early part of the 20th century. The house is relatively narrow; it is roughly 46 tiles long from the left end to right end, and roughly just 12 tiles long from front to back.
Through the front door is a two-story entry way that is lavishly decorated with marble columns, floor tiles, expensive chairs, some bookshelves and a chandelier. A glass door at the other end of the foyer leads to a large deck that also serves as a bridge over the private pool. The room on the left of the foyer is the large formal dining room, which is decorated with a traditional yellow wallpaper, wood floors, columns and an expensive fireplace. The dining room leads directly to the kitchen which has a center island, breakfast table, and pricey appliances. To the right of the foyer is an office space decorated with heavy wood that contains two desks, multiple bookshelves, lamps, chairs and a laptop. Directly off the office is the living room which boasts yet another fireplace, more columns, a chessboard and ornate furniture.
The first floor also has two identical full bathrooms; one is accessible through the dining room, while the other one requires sims to go through the home office.
One the second floor is a small private theatre, and the family's bedrooms'. Malcolm's bedroom is yellow with a dark green rug and is somewhat nautical themed. The guest bedroom is decorated in shades of blue, yellow, and white. A small, golden bathroom is just steps away from Malcolm's bedroom door. The master bedroom is decorated with ornate reds, greens, and golds, and has a spacious attached master bathroom. The most expensive painting in The Sims 3 base game hangs in this bedroom across from Nancy and Geoffrey's four poster bed. Fireplaces can be found on the second floor in Malcolm's room and the master bathroom, but curiously not in the master bedroom.
Outside, a long, brick wall lines the property and is built into the two-car garage that sits on the left of the lot. There is a small pond in the backyard that can be used for fishing. The main deck space at the back of house extends over a private family pool that sims can swim directly underneath. There are four small balconies protruding from the back of the house; two are accessible from the hallway on the second floor, and the other two are off of Nancy's and Geoffrey's bedroom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The house is the largest home in Sunset Valley, and one of the largest in The Sims 3.
- Unlike most of the houses from wealthy, long-generation sims, the Landgraab house lacks a graveyard.
- The house has a bizarre attic space with the far left and right sides open to the elements.
- There is more than enough room on the second floor to add a staircase to access this area and turn it into usable space.
- Often going unnoticed is the floating chandelier in the foyer. Looking at the light fixture with the cinematic camera turned on shows that it is in fact not connected to any sort of ceiling. This has no effect on the usability of the house, however.
- This error can be remedied by the fact that there were no two-story light fixtures when The Sims 3 launched in 2009, yet a hanging light source was still needed as to not have the space appear too dark.
- Given the fact that Sunset Valley was "built up by the Landgraabs," the building is likely one of the oldest homes in town.
- Because the house is so large, luxurious, and beautiful, many players will evict the Landgraabs and move their own families in instead.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Landgraab Estate.jpg
- Landgraab Estate Foyer.jpg
The Landgraab Estate features an ornate two-story foyer
- Landgraab Estate Living Room.jpg
The Living Room of the Landgraab Estate has a large fireplace
- Landgraab Estate Dining Room.jpg
The Dining Room of the Landgraab Estate
- Landgraab Estate Kitchen.jpg
- Landgraab Estate Hallway.jpg
The long hallway on the second floor of the Landgraab Estate leads to two separate bedrooms and a small bathroom
- Landgraab Estate Theatre.jpg
The Landgraab Estate has a small, private theatre on the second floor
- Landgraab Estate Guest Bedroom.jpg
- Landgraab Estate Malcolm's Room.jpg
- Landgraab Estate Master Bedroom.jpg
Nancy and Geoffrey's bedroom
- Landgraab Estate Master Bathroom.jpg
Nancy and Geoffrey's bathroom
- Landgraab Estate First Floor.jpg
- Landgrab Estate Second Floor.jpg
- Landgraab Estate Attic.jpg