Brigit the Maid
|Brigit the Maid|
|Brigit the Maid|
|Game||The Sims Bustin' Out (console)|
Brigit the Maid is an NPC in The Sims, and is notable for being the first maid in The Sims series. She wears the typical French Maid outfit. Sims cannot socialize with her and only options that appear when she is clicked on are "Fire" and "Dismiss."
She also appears in The Sims Bustin' Out.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Appearance in The Sims[edit | edit source]
Brigit first appears in The Sims. She charges §10 per hour. She makes beds, cleans bathrooms, sprays roaches, mops up floods, washes dishes, and disposes of trash, pet droppings, and ashes from fires. She arrives around 10 AM and stays until 5 PM or until all her jobs are done, unless the player has a household Sim "Dismiss" her before then.
- If she is trapped on a lot, she will teleport out and will not come back the next day.
- In The Sims: Makin' Magic, if she and Bonehilda encounter each other on the same lot, she'll get scared, quit, and a message will appear informing the player about the incident.
If either of these things happen, she will return if a household member calls to hire her again.
Appearance in The Sims Bustin' Out (console)[edit | edit source]
Brigit appears again in The Sims Bustin' Out for console, where she is very similar to her other counterparts. She still charges §10 per hour and she is unlocked once the player's Sim fulfills their bladder need at Mom's House. Unlike her appearances in The Sims for PC, she wears white gloves.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Brigit and Bonehilda
Brigit and the Mutant Plant
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to The Sims: Hot Date, she had no name. However having Hot Date or a later expansion pack installed gives her the name Brigit the Maid.
- According to The Sims 2 Trivia game during installation, she is the producers' favorite NPC from The Sims.
- In The Sims Bustin' Out for console, she can be killed by the Mutant Plant and become a ghost. She will still clean messes as a ghost, but cleans them faster as she can walk through walls, objects, and even other Sims. This will happen even when she is haunting at night.
- Oddly, there are headshots of Brigit stored in character files of default maids in The Sims 2, such as Kaylynn Langerak and Genesis Lam. They can be found using SimPE, and are in the format that was used by character files in The Sims. The reason they are there is unknown, though it is possible that it might be just one of many Easter eggs:
Citations[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Hot Date, NPCs such as Brigit lacked
CTSSdata within their
.ifffiles, meaning that they had no names.