List of build cheats
(Redirected from Cheats/Build)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of build cheats, used primarily to lift restrictions in build mode.
The Sims 2[edit | edit source]
- Removes footprint limitation for all object placement in Buy Mode and Build Mode. Removes limitations placed on hand tool for when objects are in use, or are normally non-movable objects. This is known to cause issues with game elements, routing, hidden object generation and manipulation, etc. Note that using this cheat allows you to delete objects that normally cannot be deleted, such as Sims, the mailbox, and the garbage can. While Sims will reappear by the mailbox when the lot is reloaded, getting the mailbox and/or garbage can back will require using custom content.
- boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false with true being default
- When false, all objects can be placed everywhere. This does not include objects on tables or walls.
- boolProp constrainFloorElevation true/false with true being default
- When false, terrain can be changed even when objects are on it.
NOTE: these cheats are not case-sensitive. boolProp can also be written as boolprop.
The Sims 2: University[edit | edit source]
- boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true/false
- Enables build/buy mode tools that would normally be disabled when in a dorm lot.
- boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true/false
- Allows users to rotate any object in 45 degree increments instead of the 90 degree increments used for most objects. The object must be rotated using the < and > keys, not the mouse. Sims may not be able to use objects placed at a 45 degree angle correctly, and objects may clip into each other when placed at this angle.
- setHighestAllowedLevel [number]
- Sets the amount of floors allowed
The Sims 2: Nightlife[edit | edit source]
- roofslopeangle [15-75]
- Adjust angle of all roofs on the lot
The Sims 2: Pets[edit | edit source]
- This deletes all fences on your lot
- This deletes all walls on your lot
- This deletes all awnings on your lot
- deleteAllObjects [Doors/Windows/Stairs]
- This deletes all doors, windows, and stairs on your lot
- This deletes all half walls on your lot
The Sims 2: Apartment Life[edit | edit source]
- Wall Placement Restrictions Removed Cheat
Pressing the CTRL + ALT keys while trying to place the object will activate the cheat. Placement rules on walls will be removed. The player will be able to place any wall object on a wall already occupied by another object.
The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff[edit | edit source]
- setquartertileplacement [on/off]
- Allows objects to be placed at one of four intervals within the grid. Press Ctrl+F to activate.
The Sims 3[edit | edit source]
- constrainFloorElevation true/false
- Allows terrain adjustment regardless of objects/Sims/etc on them
- disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on/off
- When on, objects will not snap to slots while holding ALT
- Removes footprint limitation for all object placement in Buy Mode and Build Mode. Removes limitations placed on hand tool for when objects are in use, or are normally non-movable objects. Note that using this cheat allows you to delete objects that normally cannot be deleted, such as Sims, the mailbox, and the garbage can. If you delete these objects, you can get them back by activating buydebug and going to Sort by Function > Debug > Misc. Objects and selecting Colonial Mailbox and Trash Can. If you delete a Sim, you can get them back through "resetsim firstname lastname"(requires a mailbox to spawn the sim at)
- buydebug on/off
- Unlocks a Buy Mode slot with many debug objects such as Butterfly, Beetle, Gem, and Meteor generators, the mysterious gnome, the toy box's toys, etc. Note that this cheat requires that "testingcheatsenabled true" is typed first.
The Sims 3: World Adventures[edit | edit source]
- allowObjectsOnRoof [on/off] (buggy)[confirmation needed]
- Allow placement of more objects on roofs.
The Sims 3: Ambitions[edit | edit source]
- AlwaysAllowBuildBuy true / false
To buy and build modes Purchase / Construction in all situations, freely. For example, during a fire and burglar.
- PlaceFriezes on / off
Allows use of foundation on top tile floors.