The Sims 2: Pets/cheats
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Neighborhood Cheats[edit | edit source]
- changeLotZoning [residential | community | greek | dorm | secretsociety]
- This changes the zoning type of the lot. Before rezoning a lot using this cheat, make sure there are no Sims currently living in the lot. To use this cheat, enter the lot that you would like to rezone, and then enter the cheat, choosing one of these zoning options.
Build Cheats[edit | edit source]
- boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation [true/false]
- Allows objects to be placed at a 45 degree angle by pressing the < or > keys; clicking and dragging to rotate will only rotate in the normal 90 degree increments.
- Some objects may not work correctly when placed diagonally.
- Sims can walk through certain objects that are placed at a 45 degree angle, such as multi-grid objects.
- Deletes all fences on the lot. Must be in build mode to use this cheat.
- Deletes all walls on the lot. Must be in build mode to use this cheat.
- Deletes all half walls on the lot. Must be in build mode to use this cheat.
- Deletes all awnings on the lot. Must be in build mode to use this cheat.
- deleteAllObjects [doors/windows/stairs]
- Deletes the type of object specified on the lot. Must be in build mode to use this cheat.
- IndividualRoofSlopeAngle [15-75]
- Adjusts the pitch of individual roof sections on the lot. To use, enter the code and, while holding the ^ Ctrl and ⎇ Alt keys, click on the roof section(s) to be adjusted.
- This cheat was broken when Pets was first shipped, in that the cheat could be used but changes would not be saved with the lot. Install the Pets patch to fix this.
- roofSlopeAngle [15-75]
- Adjusts the angles of all roofs on the lot, measured in degrees. Acceptable values are 15 to 75.
- boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled [true/false]
- Setting this to
falseenables build/buy mode tools that would normally be disabled when in a dorm lot. It also works for community lots, although any changes made to the lot will not be saved.
- setHighestAllowedLevel [number]
- Sets the amount of floors allowed. Do not build any higher than 16 floors, or the game will crash.
- This cheat works sporadically in later expansions, and does not work in the base game. To build higher, the "Dormer Trick" can be used to build one more level up; simply build to the highest level possible without cheats, build a dormer, and then build a wall on the new level. The dormer can be safely removed after this.
Gameplay Cheats[edit | edit source]
- boolProp petActionCancel [true/false]
- Allows the player to cancel interactions in a pet's queue.
- boolProp controlPets [true/false]
- Allows the player to control pets in the same manner as other Sims.
- boolProp disablePuppyKittenAging [true/false]
- Toggles aging for puppies and kittens. Does not work on adult animals; use the regular
aging [on/off]cheat for this.
- boolProp petsFreeWill [true/false]
- Toggles free will for pets.
- addneighbortoFamilycheat [on/off]
- Enables an interaction on non-controllable Sims to add them to the current household.
- Forces a single-birth pregnancy into a twin pregnancy. The pregnant Sim must be selected before entering this cheat.
- setHour [0 - 23]
- Sets the hour of the day in 24-hour time. For example,
setHour 13will change the game's clock to 1PM, while
setHour 1changes the clock to 1AM.
- Unlocks all career rewards for the currently selected Sim.
- Maximizes the needs of all Sims. Will not affect Servo's Power motive or PlantSim motives. Not useful for restaurant owners (Who wants customers that aren't hungry?)
- motiveDecay [on/off]
- Enables or disables motive decay for all Sims on the lot. If motive decay is off, the needs of Sims will not decrease.
- lockAspiration [on/off]
- Enables or disables decay/gain for the aspiration bar.
- aspirationPoints [amount]
- Gives the selected Sim the specified amount of aspiration points, so they can buy aspiration rewards. Won't affect the aspiration bar.
- aspirationLevel [0-5]
- Affects the Sim's aspiration level, displayed in the aspiration bar. 0 drops them into failure, 5 gives them platinum. Will not affect aspiration reward points.
- ageSimsCheat [on/off]
- Enables a "Set Age" option that appears when clicking on a Sim, which allows you to easily change their age. It will also appear on all objects, although it will not work.
Storytelling Cheats[edit | edit source]
- plumbbobToggle [on/off]
- Toggles the display of the plumbbob, good for moviemaking/picture taking. Will not work in a Userstartup.cheat file.
- showHeadlines [on/off]
- If set to
off, will remove thought and speech bubbles, as well as relationship change graphics. Will not work in a Userstartup.cheat file.
Miscellaneous Cheats[edit | edit source]
- setLotLightingFile [filename]
- Used to create a new lighting file with specific lot lighting values. Only intended for experienced users.