Comparison between Castaway series
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of Castaway releases[edit | edit source]
- The Sims Castaway Stories (PC/MAC)
- The Sims 2 Castaway (Wii/PS2/PSP)
- The Sims 2 Castaway (Nintendo DS) (NDS)
Differences[edit | edit source]
- The console versions start with one member of your crew ending up on an island whereas in the DS version, you start in a crate.
- The console versions are developed by The Sims Division whereas the DS version is developed by Full Fat.
- The Sims 2: Castaway is a console/handheld only game. There is no PC expansion for Castaway although The Sims Castaway Stories is a standalone game and as stated above, it is unrelated to The Sims 2 although they do use the same game engine.
- In Castaway Stories, Sims age and can have children, whereas in the console versions they stay adults forever.
- In Castaway Stories, there is a limited variety of supplies, whereas the console version contains a larger variety of available supplies.
- In Castaway Stories, there are jaguars, hyenas, and orangutans. In the console versions, only boars, apes, and even parrots are seen throughout the islands.
- In the console version, unlike the other versions, no characters other than those created by the player appear in the island. This turns into a very lonely gameplay when the player only creates one Sim.