This is a page for discussing improvements to Witch DoctorTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
Shouldn't his name be "Witch Doctor" instead of "Witch doctor"? Nikel Talk 07:28, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
Maybe, if it's his family name, yes, but I think it's his full front name. IncaWarrior 07:32, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- But Unsavory Charlatan is in uppercase. Nikel Talk 08:01, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Social worker is lowercase as well. Our Manual of Style says it should be lowercase, and therefore Unsasvory Charlatan "should" be renamed instead.
13:38, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
Don't Add Witch Doctor To Your Family[edit source]
It can cause neighbourhood corruption. One rule of thumb: if you can't flirt with an NPC without the Nightlife expansion pack, then that character is not safe to add to your family.
Casting Expello Simae on the Witch Doctor resets him and allows you to get multiple Voodoo Dolls. Can someone confirm this?Ejia (talk) 21:04, February 28, 2013 (UTC)
Expansion Packs[edit source]
Because he is a universal NPC, the game has been known to modify files without the player actually saving their game (meaning that changes are made even if the player doesn't save and just quits). If Bon Voyage isn't installed, he has a white mask with red crosses. Then if you do install Bon Voyage, he still won't look the same as what he should do. I don't have Bon Voyage myself, but that has happened with Mrs. Crumplebottom so I assume that it is the same case.
Either way, it is not recommended to tamper with him and then install the required expansion pack, now is it? C.Syde65 (talk) 09:43, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
Witch Doctor randomly appearing?[edit source]
According to this thread, it appears that the Witch Doctor may randomly spawn on a residential lot if Twikkii island is not installed. We might need to add it to the article.
Discuss below. K6ka (talk | contribs) 01:16, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I can't say much. I'd never had this happened before back when I still played the game, but I had always attached Twikkii Island. Could that be the cause?
- This reminds me. Very long ago, I think it was in either bloopers or "What did you discover" thread, someone posted that a Witch Doctor appeared in his Sim's apartment. He got stuck between a couch and a statue, and eventually wet himself and fell asleep while standing. I thought it was rather hilarious, but I couldn't recall if the poster mentioned how he could appear; whether he was summoned through the mailbox or... like that thread. Nikel Talk – Vote! 12:51, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
I am aware that as a universal NPC, it is not recommended to tamper with him. But could someone please try and attempt to get a proper headshot of him with SimPE? I don't know if it's possible to do this without tampering with him, as I don't have The Sims 2: Bon Voyage. C.Syde65 (talk) 06:43, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think he's a universal Sim (the template of him is universal; when he is loaded into the neighborhood the game clones the template and installs a character file into the neighborhood folder). And even if he was, getting a headshot of him in SimPE is safe (just make the game files read-only if you're paranoid). I'll do it if I have time, or if I stop being lazy :p K6ka (talk | contribs) 17:32, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
I'm not exactly paranoid as such and my game seems to be immune to some forms of corruption (not counting the fatal sorts) - I know that I shouldn't take such risks. I will try and find a portrait of the Witch Doctor in my objects file but I can't promise since I don't have The Sims 2: Bon Voyage. C.Syde65 (talk) 02:46, February 13, 2014 (UTC)