This is a page for discussing improvements to Unused accessoriesTalk pages are used to discuss changes or improvements to the article or page only. Please use the game discussions forum for game discussions, help desk for game questions, or the off-topic forum for general conversations. Real-time conversation about The Sims (as well as off-topic discussions) can also be found on The Sims Wiki's IRC Channel or Discord server.
What will happen if you resurrect these sims? 22.214.171.124 07:15, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
They will have a random normal accessory to replace the unused one. 126.96.36.199 08:08, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
If these hairstyles and clothes were around during the making, and the fact some of these acsessories remain in the game (Pascal's Glasses, Irma's Beehive hair etc) wouldn't it be possible to use a mod that would allow you to choose these unused hairstyles in CAS? --Tidalwave11 20:13, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Default head Ts2 unused hair[edit source]
The third female skin tone two default head in CAS is wearing unused braids Thelamppost 23:02, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
Guys look closer Bob's beard is different from the others Zog and Notzo's beards are in the game--Thelamppost 17:15, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
My mistake again. They looked the same, but I guess they're not. I saw that Bob's was a little shinier than Zog and Notzo's. Archie 17:17, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
Red Sims 3 Dress At The End[edit source]
Teen Male Widow's Peak hairstyle[edit source]
Should this hairstyle be listed in the article? This one is not accessible through normal gameplay, but the mesh is still present in Sims03.package.
- I guess you're right. It's one of many scrapped hairstyles in the base game, but which hairstyle in particular is being talked about? I see a lot of hairstyles in the thread. Note that Mortimer's old hairstyle has been mentioned. Nikel Talk 15:55, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
- But there isn't a single mention or picture of the teen version of the hair in the article!
breaking news this page takes to long to load[edit source]
its like when you see gray squares in sims 3 and pictures appear on top of them well it is happening here with pictures can anything stop this or the gray squares in sims 3? -- —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cthulhu Smith (talk • contribs) 23:00, April 7, 2013 (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- The gray squares are the result of the way that Wikia loads images on a page. The page size is actually quite small, but to save on server resources Wikia only loads those images that you can see. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 23:29, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
Tcrf.net used one of pictures of the page without us knowing[edit source]
http://tcrf.net/The_Sims_2 has one of images of the page. WE didnt know. for some reason. Igor0The0Mii2 (talk) 23:20, August 10, 2013 (UTC) The sims 3 without giltches is NOT the sims 3!
- Images used on the wiki are copyrighted by EA and are licensed accordingly. We as a wiki don't hold any specific licensing for images hosted here. So while they may have copied the image from here, the license should be attributed to EA as it's their assets being used. They evidently haven't done so but that's honestly none of our concern. Lost Labyrinth • (c) • (b) 23:29, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
I thought this was a custom variation of a hairstyle from University, which is why I removed it from the gallery. I re-visited the page a month later only to find that my edit had been undone.
Apparently this hairstyle may not be identical as the one from University, as it is accessible to teenagers, whereas the University version is not. The page itself says:
This spiky hair is hidden in the game, but is not accessible through normal gameplay.
I've looked in Create a Sim with debugging mode on, both in the base game and University, but no such hairstyle has been found. Could it be that this hairstyle was cut prior to release, and it actually can't be accessed in-game? -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 05:12, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I left my reasoning when I undid your edit: there's no version for teens—not even in debugging mode. I honestly have never seen nor heard anyone talk about the hairstyle before. I presume this hairstyle (judging from the texture) is pretty old and removed from the game. Nikel Talk – Vote! 05:24, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
Ahh, well I noticed that. But the page says 'this spiky hair is hidden in the game'. Surely it must say 'this spiky hair is not in the game'. I've seen no evidence that this hairstyle can be accessed in-game. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 05:28, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, in that case, the caption should be fixed instead. Nikel Talk – Vote! 05:44, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
Just checked the hairstyle from University, and the hidden one. So I guess you were right to say that those two hairstyles are different.
The hidden hairstyle looks like it's probably another one of those 'beta' hairstyles. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 02:42, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
Facts about some unused accessories[edit source]
The gibs hairstyle can be accessed in Create a Sim in The Sims 2: Nightlife by selecting one of the Toddler hats and then turning the Sim into a Child - Elder. It can also be done in gameplay with BoolProp testingcheatsenabled and spawning the Sim Modder (again with Nightlife), aging the selected Sim down to a toddler, selecting one of those same hats and aging the Sim back up again.
The braids hairstyle can be accessed in Create a Sim by selecting one of the few pre-made CAS female Sims using the hidden braids hair.
As for the round glasses, they are not hidden but they can only be accessed by children, female Adults and female Elders. But it is possible for other Sims to get them by making a child Sim in CAS, selecting the glasses and aging the child to a different life stage. Or you can do this in gameplay with BoolProp testingcheatsenabled and spawning the Sim Modder (again with Nightlife), aging the selected Sim down to a toddler, selecting the same glasses and aging the Sim back up again.
Many players are already familiar with this, but I thought it would be useful if I wrote down this information here. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 04:52, August 2, 2014 (UTC)
- There is also an unlock mod for the Gibs hair. I noted it in the article. Dharden (talk) 13:35, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
Unused Lipstick and Unused Glasses[edit source]
All the accessories have names when you move the mouse over the accessory in Create a Sim debug mode, except that these accessories can't even be accessed through debugging mode, yet they haven't been recycled from the game completely.
Does anyone know how to modify the game files to make these two accessories accessible with Create a Sim debug mode and / or without debug mode? Because I would want to know the names of these two accessories.
For example Armand DeBateau's lipstick is known as "hintofred" and Pascal Curious' glasses are known as "thin rims".
Apparently ParanormalJ uploaded the image "unused lipstick", but he hasn't been active since December and thus he hasn't replied to the question I asked him about the lipstick. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 06:04, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks to Dharden for answering my question about the unused lipstick with his contribution to the page, and for finding out what the hidden lipstick is called, in the process. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 05:49, October 13, 2014 (UTC)
More Unused Accessories[edit source]
I'm not sure exactly how many unused accessories are in the cover of the PAL version of The Sims 2, but the following accessories are, or probably are unused.
- Red Haired Woman's Yellow Shirt - Not available in this colouration.
- Black Haired Man's Yellow Shirt - Not available in this colouration.
- Grey Haired Man's Blue Shirt - Not available in this colouration. Possibly not available in-game.
- Grey Haired Man's Hairstyle - Not available in-game.
- Light Brown Haired Woman's Hairstyle - Not available in this colouration. Possibly different texture than the hairstyle in-game.
- Light Brown Haired Woman's Shirt - Not available in this colouration.
- Black Haired Woman's Red Shirt - Not available in this colouration.
- Blonde Haired Woman's Green Shirt - Not available in this colouration. Possibly not available in-game.
-- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 08:36, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think cover art is of any relevance to unused accessories. They're always different from what's presented in the game. You don't have to look too far to the base game. Just look at the cover of BV and FT. Nikel Talk – Vote! 12:57, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
Widow's Peak[edit source]
It says that this widow's peak hairstyle is hidden in the game files but doesn't show up in the game without the use of tools like SimPE.
If the hairstyle does still exist in the game files, how are you supposed to get it to show up in-game? Or has it been recycled from the game entirely, and can't be recovered? -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 22:18, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm sure the texture is still in the files. I've seen some, I think. Perhaps someone tried to recreate the mesh from the available texture? Nikel Talk – Vote! 13:04, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
File:Before normal.png[edit source]
How do we know if this hair was from the game and not a CC? Nikel Talk – Vote! 17:10, April 14, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't know. It doesn't look much like beta content to me. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 22:47, April 14, 2015 (UTC)
Unused Sims 4 accessory[edit source]
I was watching one of the Sims 4 CAS trailers and I believe that this turtleneck I not found in the game. Can somebody else confirm this as I am unsure Chunkyheels (talk ) 23:47, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
Source of headshots?[edit source]
I was looking through the list and I noticed that some of the pictures (Most notably the thumbnails of those women). Some of the pictures:
Have no source. I mean, I could defianetly open bodyshop and recolor a used dress to make it look unused, because those images have no soruce. In other photos, it's either from beta gameplay screenshorts, headshots of deceased ancestors in the game itself or cover arts and etc.., but those pictures are confusing. Does anyone know where they come from?? Jadd.H (talk) 21:22, July 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I am pretty sure they are from here, but these portraits are low quality and the outfits can't be seen well. Mate1234 (talk) 10:40, April 21, 2019 (UTC)
Julie Taton, Kürt Rogiers, and TS2 Store hair[edit source]
Were either Julie Taton or Kürt Rogiers used in pre-game or promo materials for The Sims 2? I re-added the Hilary Duff pictures to the Other Hair section because they were promo pics for The Sims 2: Pets which showed hair that didn't ship with that EP, even though it was available as part of an official download. Dharden (talk) 15:44, March 24, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know if it makes much sense to include downloadable materials in this article. Ѧüя◎ґ (talk) 22:29, March 24, 2018 (UTC)