- When we give the official description of a product or its features, we use the text as given by EA, faults and all. For example, if The Sims 3: Supernatural does not actually refer to wizards in-game, you might add a note to that effect in the Game Features section, but the word itself is part of the official text from EA.
- Our house style for articles is to refer to the first game simply as The Sims rather than The Sims 1. Also, our house style for titles of games, expansion/stuff packs, and collections is to italicize them. Dharden (talk) 05:05, July 25, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Removal of Infomation[edit source]
Non-Nikel23 here. The information was "removed" because it was already mentioned in the article, in fact, right in the very intro, that the cheat was renamed "testingcheats true". --k6ka (talk | contribs) 16:28, September 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I didn't exactly remove it. I moved it to the beginning of the paragraph to fit in with other series. The original edition made The Sims 4 sounded so special. Nikel Talk – Vote! 11:59, September 8, 2014 (UTC)
A little note...[edit source]
I've noticed that you keep spelling Sim without a capital S. Our house style always uses a capitalized 'S' when talking about a Sim or Sims in the game. I just thought you should be aware of this. - LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 19:36, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Additionally, we write all articles from third-person point of view. We do not use first-person (e.g. I) or second-person (e.g. you) points-of-view in articles. So, if you were to write about the Book of Life and say "you can use this book to resurrect Sims," the proper way to write this would be "players can use this book to resurrect Sims." Hopefully that clears this up a little bit. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 19:40, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
Notice: Not signing posts[edit source]
- Add four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment; or
- With the cursor positioned at the end of your comment, click on the signature button located above the edit window.
This will automatically insert a signature with your username or IP address and the time you posted the comment. This information is necessary to allow other editors to easily see who wrote what and when. --k6ka (talk | contribs) 18:06, September 10, 2014 (UTC)
Merry Christmas![edit source]
15 Years of The Sims, 10 Years of The Sims Wiki![edit source]
Hello WizardJeremy! It's the 15th anniversary of The Sims, and the 10th anniversary of The Sims Wiki! We wanted to say thanks for all of your contributions to improve and developThe Sims Wiki! Happy Simming, for many more years to come!
Image credit: WikiBuilder1147 · This message was delivered to you by your robot friend, K6kaBOT, at 00:13, February 7, 2015 (UTC).
You are receiving this message because you are a recent active contributor or valued community member. To opt-out of future messages, or if you have any questions or comments, please contact my operator. Thanks!
RE: No lifestates = untrue?[edit source]
No, that revert was made because you said that Get Together was the first expansion pack to not include new life states. That is completely untrue, because not all of The Sims 1 expansion packs introduced new life states. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 18:00, August 7, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Removing of Image of Sim from Sims 4 on PlantSim page[edit source]
I've checked the diffs, I don't see where I did what you say I did. The image is fine, though I think you should decide whether to have it in the sub-section or the gallery. Dharden (talk) 22:48, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Checking in[edit source]
Hello Jeremy! I wanted to take a few minutes to check in with you.
You've been around The Sims Wiki for a few months but as far as I know, I've never talked to you, so I want to introduce myself. I am LostInRiverview, an administrator and the Community Director for TSW. My focus right now is on improving the wiki and the community that supports it; since you edit here, you're a part of the community too! I want to know if you have any questions, concerns, issues, or ideas about The Sims Wiki.
I also want to briefly thank you for the edits that you've made to TSW since joining. As you may have noticed, there are many areas on TSW that could be improved, and users like you are the ones that will help us achieve that.
As a closing point, I strongly encourage you to contact me via my talk page if you have any questions, ideas or issues, or just to say hello.
Hello! How do you extract icons from The Sims 4? I extracted icons by using S4PE, but they saved only in .dds. And it's very hard to save it into .png. I need to save to .png format for wiki. --Ajay Ghale (talk) 09:50, November 12, 2017 (UTC)