The Sims: Makin' Magic[edit | edit source]
|Why go through the trouble of collecting nectar from thousands of flowers, breaking down the complex sugars into simple sugars, and getting the water content just right, when the Wax n' Honey Maker will do all of these for you! Get one today, and say goodbye to the headaches of manual honey-making. Warning: May contain angry bees!|
|Game||The Sims: Makin' Magic|
|Price in game||§875|
The Wax'n'Honey Maker is used to make beeswax and honey for use in charms and spells and can be bought in buy mode. In addition, honey is used to make one type of nectar, and Vicki Vampiress will trade garlic for beeswax. Of course, players can also choose to sell the beeswax or honey. Sims gain cooking skill from harvesting the beehive.
The Sims 3: Supernatural[edit | edit source]
|Mrs. Stingley's Beekeeping Box|
|Step up to Mrs. Stingley's Beekeeping Box and get ready to dive into the exciting world of beekeeping! Sure you can get honey at the store, but fending off the swarm is the only way for true honey aficionados. Can you tame the delicate dance of the bees and convince the hive to part with its treasures? Give it a go! Not for sale to bears.|
|Game||The Sims 3: Supernatural|
|Price in game||§275|
Similar to the Wax'n'Honey Maker, Mrs. Stingley's Beekeeping Box is used to make beewax. The rotation to get the honey is: Smoke Hive, Harvest Honey, Clean Hive and Feed Bees. Interacting with the bee box has a chance for Sims to gain bad moodlets such as "Bee Sting" or "Ouch! My Face". The hive produces one bottle of honey every 12 hours, and the quality is determined by how happy the bees are.
Beeswax and honey can be used for many purposes:
- Alchemy ingredient for Flask of Angry Bees Elixir, Jar of Potent Friendship, Jar of Potent Discord and Essence of Magic.
- Consuming honey, which gives Sims a positive "Life is Sweet" moodlet.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
The Sims 4: Seasons[edit | edit source]
|Burtie's Bee Box|
|Honey, that ooie, gooie, sticky substance that tastes good on almost anything, and you, yes you, can have it right here at your fingertips from Burtie's Bee Box.
Bond with your bees and see what wonders are in store for you.
|Game||The Sims 4: Seasons|
|Price in game||§265|
Beehives appear once again in The Sims 4: Seasons. Sims can develop a friendship with the bees in a hive to have them produce better quality honey. When beehives are placed around plants and planted trees, they can automatically surround nearby plants to help pollinate and increase productivity for the plants in growing and quality.
Beehives have three statuses when hovering over them:
- Honey Amount- Naturally overtime bees will generate honey. A thing to note is, however, the honey's quality will depend on the bee's mood.
- Activity Level- Bees are naturally more active during spring and summer, and start becoming dormant around fall and winter. However, Sims can always use swarms to be active during dormancy.
- Grumpiness- Bees are very docile most of the time and only get grumpy during hostile circumstances such as a termite invasion or Sims disturbing them. Keeping the bees happy produces better honey quality.
When a Sim harvest honey, the honey will never spoil, and can be sold. However, honey can also be eaten and it will remove all negative temperature moodlets and even make the Sim happy.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Sims can interact with the beehive in a variety of ways:
- Apply Mite Treatment (§15)
- Bond with Bees
- Change into/out of Beekeeper Suit
- Collect Honey
- Collect Swarm (Only if relationship with bees is more than 30%)
- Sell Honey
When Sims "Collect Swam" they can have a swarm of bees within their inventory, this allows Sims to use the bee's effectiveness remotely and away from the radius of the beehive to reach far away plants, swarms can also be beneficial in helping other Sims. There are a few ways to interact with a swarm of bees in the inventory:
- Cheer Up Self with Bees
- Pollinate Nearby Plants
- Send to Fetch Gift
Bee swarms only last 5 hours in the inventory so use them quick.