The Sims 3: Supernatural and reintroduced as one of the four magic styles in The Sims 4: Realm of Magic. In Supernatural Sims can craft potions called elixirs in alchemy stations. Both supernaturals and normal Sims can learn this skill, from teenager and older. Sims who have this skill can employ themselves as alchemists, a self-employed career. In Realm of Magic, only spellcasters can concoct magical potions and elixirs with a cauldron.
The Sims 3: Supernatural[edit | edit source]
Skill Description[edit | edit source]
[Your Sim's name] has taken the first step into the mystical magical world of alchemy. There are lots of elixirs to create, each with their own unique power to transform a Sim's life. Those elixirs won't mix by themselves so get cracking!
Guide[edit | edit source]
To start learning the alchemy skill, buy an Aleister's Alchemy Station from Buy mode under Hobbies & Skill. It is a 3x2 object, so find a space that is large enough to place the alchemy station in. It is preferable to have at least 1 square of open space around the station. Once placed, Sims can now start learning the skill.
There are three ways to learn the skill. One is to use the alchemy station and Research Alchemy. Sims can simultaneously build the alchemy skill and discover an elixir from researching. Another way is to buy alchemy skill books. They can be bought at bookstores or at an elixir consignment shop in the town. Elixirs are not discovered automatically as the skill is improved, instead they must be learned either by researching or reading their recipe books. Sims can also attend an alchemy class at the Vault of Antiquity for §100.
|Alchemy Vol. 1: Alchemy Basic||0||199||§50|
|Alchemy Vol. 2: Secret Motions and Super Potions||3||204||§500|
|Alchemy Vol. 3: Omnimustericon: The Ultimate Book of Shadows||6||225||§750|
The first elixir Sims will learn to mix from their research is the Vial of Bliss. If they improve the skill by researching alchemy, they will learn to create more elixirs on the way.
To make an elixir, Sims can Mix Elixir at the alchemy station. A table-like window will appear and you can choose what elixir will be mixed. All the ingredients required for the elixir must be in the Sim's inventory. To check what he needs, you can find them at the "Ingredients" column of the window.
A Sim's attempt to mix an elixir may fail. The ingredients will be refunded and are not lost, however the Sim may gain a negative moodlet such as Nauseous or Toadified!
If a Sim successfully mixes an elixir, he/she can:
- drink it for him/herself.
- throw it onto other Sims.
- place it on an Elixir Display Case for display. There are two different elixir display cases added in the pack.
- sell it at an Elixir Consignment Store.
Finding ingredients can be a tough job. Here are some tips to let a Sim get the ingredients, even the ingredients that are hard to get:
- If a Sim has the Gatherer trait, he/she has a better chance of finding rare ingredients that he/she needs, making the process of finding faster.
- It is useful to have a Sim with Fishing and Gardening skills at the highest level (10), so ingredients may be acquired quickly and easily.
- A Sim can find a werewolf. Werewolves can help Sims to find collectables they are looking for easier and faster. He/she must be friends with the werewolf before asking the werewolf for helping him/her to find the collectables. The werewolf will then Hunt Solo for collectables.
- Sims' pets can also help find the collectables they need. Pets must be installed for this to be available.
- Sims can buy some ingredients at the elixir consignment shop.
At level 6 of the Alchemy skill, for every elixir a Sim mixes, he/she has a chance to produce 2-3 bottles at one mix.
There are seven elixirs that require a Sim to buy Alchemy Recipes from the bookstore or the elixir consignment shop and read them so that he/she can mix these elixirs.
|Elixir Taught||Name||Alchemy Level||Page||Price|
|Procreation Elixir||Procreation Elixir Recipe Book||5||30||§75|
|Liquid Job Booster||Liquid Job Booster Recipe Book||6||30||§132|
|Potent Enlightenment||Potent Enlightenment Recipe Book||7||30||§187|
|Potent Personality Adjuster||Potent Personality Adjuster Recipe Book||8||30||§225|
|Potent Zombification||Potent Zombification Recipe Book||9||30||§471|
|Fountain of Youth Elixir||Fountain of Youth Elixir Recipe Book||9||30||§607|
|Origin of the Tragic Clown||Origin of the Tragic Clown Recipe Book||10||30||§800|
Statistics[edit | edit source]
- Number of Alchemy Recipes Discovered: - of 44 (-%)
- Shows the number of elixirs a Sim can make, out of 44 elixirs
- Number of Alchemy Elixirs Created: -
- Shows the number of elixirs the Sim made
- Number of Alchemy Elixirs Thrown at Others: -
- Shows the number of elixirs thrown at other Sims by the Sim
- Number of Supernaturals Turned into Humans: -
- Shows the number of supernaturals transformed into normal Sims by the Sim
- Number of Sims Turned into Supernaturals: -
- Shows the number of normal Sims transformed into supernaturals by the Sim
- Money Earned Selling Elixirs: §-
- Shows the amount of Simoleons the Sim had earned for selling elixirs he made
- Excellent Elixirs
- Excellent Elixirs requires that 150 elixirs be mixed. Once you have achieved this challenge, you will be able to create 3 elixirs each time you Mix Elixirs at the Alchemy Station.
- Master Alchemist
- A Master Alchemist must learn all of the alchemy recipes. Once you have achieved this challenge, you will have a chance of not using up all of your ingredients when creating an alchemy recipe. Also, you will get discounts on items in the Elixir Store.
- Alchemists Anonymous
- In order to earn the Alchemists Anonymous challenge, you must throw 50 elixirs at other Sims. Once you have achieved this challenge, other Sims will not mind if you throw a harmful elixir at them, and they like you even more if you throw a beneficial elixir at them.
Opportunities[edit | edit source]
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Elixirs[edit | edit source]
|1||Invigorating Elixir||Energy is restored by 25%, and stops dropping for 6 hours.||Wolfsbane Flower||Beneficial, Temporary||20|
|1||Flask of Sleep||Energy is reduced by 40%, and stops raising for 6 hours.||Any Mushroom||Harmful, Temporary||27|
|1||Vial of Bliss||Social and Fun are restored by 25%, and stop dropping for 6 hours.||Any Food Ingredient||Beneficial, Temporary||16|
|1||Ad Nauseum||Gives a Sim the Nauseous moodlet.||Any Insect||Harmful, Temporary||16|
|2||Jar of Discord||The relationship between thrower and victim drops by 20 points, and the victim gets the Upset moodlet.||Mandrake Root||Harmful, Permanent||18|
|2||Flask of Angry Bees||Causes a bee attack.||Beeswax, Honey||Harmful, Temporary||64|
|2||Cure Elixir||Cancels the effects of Toadification, Zombification and transformation into a Tragic Clown.||Red Valerian Root, Mandrake Root||Beneficial, Permanent||28|
|2||Jar of Friendship||The relationship between thrower and victim increases by 40 points, and the victim gets the Brightened day moodlet.||Red Valerian Root||Beneficial, Permanent||14|
|3||Zombification||Turns a Sim into a zombie for 2 days.||Mandrake Root, Any Mushroom, Any Insect||Harmful, Temporary||62|
|3||Vampiric Sunscreen||Allows vampires to stay in the sun without negative effects for 12 hours.||Any Metal, Any Insect||Neutral, Temporary||87|
|3||Vial of Enlightenment||After drinking it, makes a Sim gain a level in a random skill the next time he or she goes to sleep.||Any Mushroom, Any Gem or Gem Powder||Beneficial, Temporary||68|
|3||Melancholy Serum||Fun is reduced by 40%, and stops raising for 6 hours.||Mandrake Root, Any Fish||Harmful, Temporary||33|
|4||Skill Booster||Improves by the equivalent of 2 hours of training a Sim's random skill.||Red Valerian Root, Any Gem or Gem powder||Beneficial, Permanent||104|
|4||Vial of Potent Bliss||Social and Fun are completely restored, and stop dropping for 24 hours.||Any Food Ingredient, Red Toadstools||Beneficial, Temporary||45|
|4||Essence of Magic||Fully restores a Fairy's or Witch's magic power.||Honey, Any Mushroom||Beneficial, Permanent||48|
|4||Large and in Charge||Makes a Sim as fat as possible.||Wolfsbane Flower, Links||Neutral, Permanent||60|
|4||Lean and Mean||Makes a Sim as thin as possible.||Wolfsbane Flower, Apple||Beneficial, Permanent||60|
|5||Personality Adjuster||Randomly changes one of a Sim's traits.||Red Valerian Root, Monarch Butterfly||Neutral, Permanent||246|
|5||Procreation Elixir||Increases fertility for 8 hours.||Wolfsbane Flower, Red Toadstools||Beneficial, Temporary||167|
|5||Potent Melancholy Serum||Fun is reduced to zero, and stops raising for 24 hours.||Mandrake Root, Any Fish, Spotlight Mushrooms||Harmful, Temporary||159|
|5||Flask of Potent Sleep||Energy is reduced to zero, and stops raising for 24 hours.||Any Mushroom, Red Toadstools||Harmful, Temporary||90|
|6||Liquid Job Booster||Improves a Sim's job performance by 25% for 24 hours.||Smoky Quartz, Spotlight Mushrooms||Beneficial, Temporary||252|
|6||Jar of Potent Friendship||The relationship between thrower and victim increases to +100, and the victim gets the Brightened Day moodlet.||Red Valerian Root, Beeswax||Beneficial, Permanent||328|
|6||Jar of Potent Discord||The relationship between thrower and victim drops to -100, and the victim gets the Upset moodlet.||Mandrake Root, Beeswax||Harmful, Permanent||268|
|6||Potent Invigorating Elixir||Energy is completely restored, and stops dropping for 24 hours.||Wolfsbane Flower, Spotlight Mushrooms||Beneficial, Temporary||257|
|7||Vial of Potent Enlightenment||After drinking it, makes a Sim gain two levels in a random skill the next time he or she goes to sleep.||Any Mushroom, Emerald, Red Toadstools||Beneficial, Temporary||295|
|7||Opposite Personality||Randomly replaces one of a Sim's traits with its opposite.||Toad, Any Metal, Mycenas||Neutral, Permanent||295|
|7||Bottled Mummy Curse||Instantly turns a Sim into a mummy.||Crypt Moth, Scarab Beetle, Black Goldfish||Neutral, Permanent||1413|
|7||Bottled Vampire's Bite||Turns a Sim into a vampire.||Red Valerian Root, Bloodstone, Vampire Fish||Neutral, Permanent||1475|
|7||Potent Cure Elixir||Same as Cure Elixir, but also cures any occult life state.||Wolfsbane Flower, Glow Orbs, Ruby||Beneficial, Permanent||664|
|8||Potent Personality Adjuster||Randomly changes all of a Sim's traits.||Red Valerian Root, Monarch Butterfly, Glow Orbs||Neutral, Permanent||432|
|8||Bottled SimBot Converter||Turns a Sim into a SimBot.||Iron, Gold, Palladium||Neutral, Permanent||1862|
|8||Bottled Curse of the Lycan||Turns a Sim into a werewolf.||Wolfsbane Flower, Moonstone, Silver||Neutral, Permanent||1937|
|8||Clone Drone||Clones a Sim.||Any Metal, Luminous Salamander, Diamond||Neutral, Permanent||856|
|8||Age of Instant||Instantly ages a Sim.||Royal Purple Butterfly, Any Fish, Red Valerian Root||Beneficial, Permanent||462|
|9||Potent Zombification||Turns a Sim into a zombie forever.||Mandrake Root, Glow Orbs, Rhinoceros Beetle||Harmful, Permanent||655|
|9||Fountain of Youth Elixir||Allows a Young Adult, Adult or Elder to return to the beginning of Young Adulthood.||Tanzanite, Green Swallowtail Butterfly, Any Mushroom||Neutral, Permanent||597|
|9||Potent Skill Booster||Improves a random skill, as if the Sim had trained at the skill for 4 hours.||Red Valerian Root, Any Gem or Gem Powder, Mycenas||Beneficial, Permanent||554|
|9||Vial of Bottled Genie||Turns a Sim into a Genie.||Firefly pratinus, Firefly caeruleus, Firefly purpureus||Neutral, Permanent||2039|
|9||Bottled Witches' Brew||Turns a Sim into a Witch.||Toad, Light Beetle, Moonstone||Neutral, Permanent||1964|
|10||Origin of the Tragic Clown||Gives a Sim the Tragic Clown's clothing and negative (-40) moodlet. Sims near the clown also get a negative (-20) moodlet. Lasts for 24 hours.||Any Insect, Mycenas, Tragic Clownfish||Harmful, Temporary||836|
|10||Wish Enhancing Serum||The rewards for fulfilled wishes are doubled for 24 hours.||Red Admiral Butterfly, Any Gem or Gem Powder, Any Mushroom||Beneficial, Temporary||1238|
|10||Bottled Blessing of the Fae||Turns a Sim into a Fairy.||Red Toadstools, Sunstone, Fairy Damsel||Neutral, Permanent||2114|
|10||Midas Touch||Allows a Sim to turn objects and other Sims into gold. Lasts for 6 hours.||Gold, Yellow Sapphire, Luminous Salamander||Beneficial, Temporary||1627|
The Sims 4: Realm of Magic[edit | edit source]
Page Description[edit | edit source]
A student of alchemical art studies potions, elixirs, and tonics of all kinds. Who knows what power can be brewed up by a skilled Spellcaster?
Overview[edit | edit source]
Alchemy returns in The Sims 4: Realm of Magic as one of the four magic styles spellcasters can specialize in, where they can learn 16 potions. Crafted potions can be sold directly from a Sim's inventory, on sales tables (included in City Living, Jungle Adventure and Eco Lifestyle), in retail businesses (from Get to Work), or on Plopsy (from Nifty Knitting Stuff).
Spellcasters can work alone or in groups of up to three spellcasters. Unlike previous games, brewing potions run the risk of cursing Sims. Sims also have a chance of being cursed from drinking a Potion of Questionable Contents. Curses last indefinitely until cured, and Sims can receive up to three curses at a time.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Alchemy ingredients can be collected around worlds while gardening, fishing, hunting for frogs and digging for treasure; they can be purchased from a market stall in The Magic Realm; or they can be won in magic duels. If the player owns Cats & Dogs, and their Sim has bound a pet as a familiar, the pet can also be sent off to forage for ingredients.
Perks[edit | edit source]
There is a branch of five alchemy-related perks that spellcasters can choose from as they level up in rank. The following perks are listed from lowest-rank to highest-rank:
|Blender Arm||Potion crafting speed significantly increased.|
|Frugal Combination||Chance on potion creation that all of the required ingredients will not be used.|
|A Little Extra Chemistry||Potions crafted by the Sim are surprisingly tasty and have an additional small benefit triggered when the potion is consumed.|
|Mix Master||Extra servings will be in the cauldron each time a potion is successfully created.|
|Potent Potables||Effects on all potions are increased and/or last significantly longer. Sim can now Hex their Potions to have them always fail.|
Potions[edit | edit source]
|1 (Apprentice)||Potion of Good Fortune||Finds helpful items while doing everyday activities.||Turquoise and Valerian Root||11|
|1 (Apprentice)||Potion of Magical Aura||Displays a Sim's magical aura.||Emerald and Goldfish||11|
|1 (Apprentice)||Potion of Nausea||Annoys an enemy and turns their stomach.||Mandrake and Dirt Frog||9|
|1 (Apprentice)||Potion of the Nimble Mind||Increases the speed your Sim gains skills||Parsley and Spotted Dirt Frog||11|
|1 (Apprentice)||Potion of Plentiful Needs||Fulfils all of a Sim's needs.||Apple||5|
|1 (Apprentice)||Potion of Questionable Contents||Ensures the next potion your Sim crafts is a guaranteed success. Minor side effects may include...||N/A||3|
|2 (Neophyte)||Potion of Alluring Aura||Makes those around the drinker more receptive to romantic conversation.||Spotted Heart Frog, Cherry and Valerian Root||15|
|2 (Neophyte)||Potion of Emotional Stability||Removes unnecessary emotional baggage.||Obtainium and Potato||11|
|3 (Acolyte)||Potion of Forced Friendship||Unlocks the power of friendly conversation.||Baconite, Potato and Salmon||30|
|3 (Acolyte)||Potion of Perk Purging||Allows a Spellcaster to choose different perks.||Mandrake and Valerian Root||30|
|4 (Adept)||Potion of Curse Cleansing||Removes all curses from a Sim.||Apple, Citrine, Angelfish and Mandrake||50|
|4 (Adept)||Potion of Masterful Insults||Unlocks the power of animosity.||Fire Opal, Dragon Fruit and Furium||40|
|4 (Adept)||Potion of Rejuvenation||Allows a Sim to remain at their current age.||Valerian Root, Alabaster and Lemon||25|
|5 (Master)||Potion of Immortality||Prevents death from old age.||Mandrake, Sage, Morcubus and Diamond||60|
|5 (Master)||Potion of Prompt Resurrection||Revives Sims immediately if they die.||Death Metal, Death Flower and Zombie Carl||60|
|5 (Master)||Potion of the Transcendent Charmer||Unlocks the power of romantic conversation.||Ruby, Kissing Gourami and Rose||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Aliens are unaffected by (Potent) Invigorating Elixirs, since they don't have an Energy motive. It doesn't affect their Brain Power, although they still get a moodlet.
- -15 for 3 hours
- It cannot be used on SimBots or mummies.
- +10 for 3 hours
- It will be applied along with life states already present, except for SimBots and mummies.
- It cannot be used on SimBots.
- It will overwrite any current occult life state.
- Requires World Adventures
- Cannot be used on pureblood Aliens.
- Requires Ambitions
- The clone will not be part of the active household, and will retain only the original Sim's appearance and personality, not skills, relationships, etc.
- Requires Showtime
- Permanently, doubling their value, and without affecting their functionality.
- For 6 hours.
- This potion is received when a Sim fails to craft another potion.
- This potion can also be purchased from the satisfaction points rewards store for 500 points.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Witches and Sims with the Supernatural Fan trait gain Alchemy skill faster than other Sims, both normal and Supernaturals.
- It is possible to receive elixirs as a gift even if Supernatural is not installed.[confirmation needed]
- Sims with the Supernatural skeptic trait gain Alchemy skill slower than all non-witch sims and all normal sims without the trait.
[edit | edit source]