The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle
|The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle|
|Ready for your Sims to impact their world? Move into a community of fellow collaborative makers in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!* Play to change and make a difference in the new world of Evergreen Harbor. Help your new neighbors decide on a Community Space Project, reduce your eco footprint, and watch your neighborhood transform. You’ll be surprised by what happens when your Sims start making the rules.|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)||June 5, 2020 (PC/Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4)|
|Platform(s)||Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S|
|System requirements||Minimum system requirements on TheSims.com|
The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle is the ninth expansion pack for The Sims 4. It was leaked and teased on May 5, 2020 with its official trailer and announcement debuting on May 6, 2020. It was released on June 5, 2020 on PC/Mac and consoles.
The pack centers on the world's eco footprint, affecting worlds and their residents for better or for worse with the help of neighborhood action plans. Eco-friendly living returns, with included features such as sustainable living, renewable energy, crafting and community projects. It also includes the new coastal world of Evergreen Harbor.
It is the first pack in The Sims series to be themed around eco living, with some elements of The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff, The Sims 3: Ambitions, The Sims 3: Into the Future, The Sims 4: Island Living and various renewable energy objects from The Sims 3 Store.
Official description[edit | edit source]
Change the World: In Evergreen Harbor, every action you take and decision you make influences the state of the world around you. The cleaner Evergreen Harbor gets, the more you’ll see nature thriving. You determine whether the skies are smoggy or clear enough to see the aurora borealis glimmering above. Let garbage pile up on the streets of your neighborhood or clean it up to create lush green walking paths in town. It’s up to you!
Upgrade Your Home: New updates in Build/Buy encourage going green, too. For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors. Reduce your eco footprint and invest in a living rooftop for a splash of bright color. Inside, choose between gorgeous new furniture (sustainably made, of course) or upcycle someone else’s junk into beautiful items!
Make or Break It: Speaking of reclaiming and repurposing things, why don’t you check out a new job as a maker? As you go around town, keep an eye out for collectibles and materials for your next project. Brave Sims might try dumpster diving for resources like dyes, bits and pieces, and ingredients—as long as they don’t mind the smell. Choose the Freelance Crafter career to fill mail and internet orders for your candles, fizzy juices, upcycled objects, and more! Or try to encourage your neighbors to vote for a community maker space where you can all craft together.
Use Your Voice: Unused community spaces are going to waste—literally, as a dump. Rally your neighbors to decide how to use it. To get that maker space, you’re going to need support. Want a shared planting space with vertical gardens instead? Vote for it! Every week, you can join your new community in voting for a Neighborhood Action Plan. Transform the shared lot, promote the performing arts, suggest a weekly workout, demand an upcycling initiative, or explore the many other options on the board. Just know that you could end up wearing a paper bag on your head if things go sideways….
New features[edit | edit source]
World and neighborhoods[edit | edit source]
The expansion includes a new industrial, coastal world, named Evergreen Harbor.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Eco footprint[edit | edit source]
Eco footprint is a game mechanic that determines how much the world is in a contaminated state. Ecological changes and pollution occur in most worlds (except StrangerVille, Plumbob Pictures and destination worlds), and can be toggled on or off per save.
New additions[edit | edit source]
- Candle-making station
- Community voting board
- Dew collector
- Hydroponic garden planter
- Juice fizzing machine
- Fuel-powered generator
- Insect farm
- Solar panels and solar-paneled roofing
- Wind turbine
- Vertical garden planter
New Lot Assignment
- These Sims reject consumerism and prefer to reduce wasteful spending by any means. They enjoy finding re-used or thrown away goods and foods. In fact, they have the best luck at finding the highest-quality treasures in Dumpsters! They may become tense or uncomfortable if they spend too much time earning or spending Simoleons.
- These Sims are happiest when living on a green street and will continuously work towards making their environment more eco-friendly.
- These Sims become happy when making things. They become sad when it's been too long since completing a project on a Fabricator, Candlemaking Station, Juice Fizzer, or Woodworking Table. They do not receive negative effects from crafting or repair failures.
- These Sims are rapid recyclers that benefit from recycling and rummaging for bits and pieces, but should they go too long without indulging in their hobby...
New Lot Traits
- Eco Lot
- Landfill Lot
- Natural Well
- Reduce and Recycle
New Radio Station
- Eco Innovator (Nature) - This Sim wants to build a better, greener community.
- Eco-Economist - Have 5 community influence points · Vote on 1 neighborhood action plan
- Clean City Civilian - Sell power or water on a utility bill · Become a civil designer
- Civil Citizen - Attempt to convince a Sim to vote on a neighborhood action plan · Vote on neighborhood action plans two separate times · Reach level 10 of the civil designer career
- Reward trait: Influential Individual - When Influential Individuals speak, everyone listens. They can get the community to cheer on a local hero, or cancel them on a whim.
- Master Maker (Creativity) - This Sim wants to become an expert at Fabrication!
- Jerry Rigger - Achieve level 3 skill in fabrication · Recycle 5 times
- The Better Builder - Achieve level 5 skill in fabrication · Fabricate 5 items · Have 5 dyes
- Competent Crafter - Achieve level 7 skill in fabrication · Collect insects from an insect farm 3 times · Create 5 candles
- Master Maker - Achieve level 10 skill in fabrication · Make 20 candles · Complete 5 gigs as a freelance crafter
- Reward trait: Muse of the Maker - Master Makers have learned all the tricks necessary to fabricate items at a reduced cost.
New Career Branch
- Crafter branch for the freelancer career
New Types of Death
- Death by beetles
- Death by being swarmed by flies
- Acid rain
New WooHoo Location
Other New Features
- Dumpster diving
- Fizzy juice crafting
- Furniture making
- Selling surplus water and electricity for reduced bills and profit
- Neighborhood action plans
Integration with other The Sims 4 content packs[edit | edit source]
Ecological changes and pollution are possible in every world except StrangerVille and destination worlds. The following list shows how several existing packs integrate with Eco Lifestyle:
- Vampires: Sims can make plasma fruit juice with the juice fizzing machine, and pollution has a negative effect on vampire powers.
- Get to Work and City Living: Items crafted via the fabrication and juice fizzing skills can be sold in retail businesses, as well as on sales tables and at San Myshuno's flea market.
- Get Together: The careers, skills and activities from Eco Lifestyle can be chosen as club requirements and activities.
- Get Famous: Voting in a neighborhood action plan will increase a celebrity's fame. They will also be publicly disgraced if they go dumpster diving or WooHoo in a dumpster.
- Strangerville: Sims can create bizarre juice out of bizarre fruit using the juice fizzing machine.
- Realm of Magic: Spellcasters can use their magic to remove air pollution and kill swarms of flies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first eco-friendly themed pack in The Sims series.
- It is the first pack to be released on PC and consoles at the same time.
- This is the first pack in The Sims series to have two lesbian pre-made couples: the Greenburg family (Mary Greenburg & Blossom Greenburg) and the Tinker family (Yasemin Tinker & Tina Tinker).
- It is the second pack in The Sims 4 to feature apartments (the first being City Living).
- As of June 2021, this is the last pack in the franchise to be released in a physical edition in Australia.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle Official Reveal Trailer
- The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle Official Gameplay Trailer
Music[edit | edit source]
Alternative[edit | edit source]
- Alec Benjamin - Water Fountain
- Taylor Janzen - Devotion
Americana[edit | edit source]
- Bobby Joyner - Corlafonoo
- Brandy Clark - Long Walk
- Jonny Wellwood - Simzahoo
- Molly Tuttle - Take The Journey
- The Milk Carton Kids - Michigan
Electronica[edit | edit source]
- Bobobath - Mr. Boboto
- Bobobath - Bobolicious
- MC Llama lot - Monday Nite Cabin Fever
Pop[edit | edit source]
- Kim Petras - Malibu
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ https://simsvip.com/2020/05/05/official-leak-the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-expansion-pack/
- ↑ Eco Lifestyle Will Have an Effect on Previous The Sims 4 Worlds. Sims Community (May 9, 2020). Retrieved on May 9, 2020.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Press Release (New Info). Sims Community (May 6, 2020). Retrieved on May 6, 2020.
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff
January 21, 2020
|The Sims series PC games||Followed by|
The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff
July 28, 2020
The Sims 4: Discover University
November 15, 2019
|The Sims 4 expansion packs||Followed by|
The Sims 4: Snowy Escape
November 13, 2020
|The Sims series expansion packs|
fr:Les Sims 4: Écologie ru:The Sims 4: Экологичная жизнь pl:The Sims 4: Życie eko nl:De Sims 4: Ecologisch Leven es:Los Sims 4: Vida Ecológica