The Sims 3 (smartphone)
|The Sims 3 for smartphone|
|The Sims 3 iPhone logo|
|Developer(s)||EA Black Box |
|Publisher(s)||Electronic Arts, producer: Ben Bell|
|Release date(s)||Windows Mobile|
INT May 5, 2009
INT June 2, 2009
INT August 20, 2009
INT September 6, 2011
|Engine||Windows Mobile, iPhone OS, BlackBerry OS, Android, webOS|
The Sims 3 was released for Windows Mobile on May 5, 2009, iPhone and iPod Touch on June 2, 2009, BlackBerry OS on August 20, 2009, Palm webOS in 2010, and Android on September 6, 2011. The objective of the game was to unlock and complete wishes for the Sims. To see what wishes had been completed, the player had to go to the main menu and click Goal Checklist. There were 73 goals. It was shut down on August 11, 2017.
Official Description[edit | edit source]
From the best-selling PC franchise in history, EA Mobile has released The Sims™ 3 as an iPhone™/ iPod® touch game! Direct the lives of your Sims using touch and accelerometer controls while exploring the 3D neighborhood. Customize their looks & personality. Give them big browns or baby blues. Cover their head in curls or have them sport a mohawk. Make them Neurotic, Funny, or Shy. Choose their career. Take them fishing. Watch as they fall in love. With The Sims 3, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
Differences between the computer and smartphone version[edit | edit source]
- Less customization which?[clarification needed] in the CAS stage, and the limit of creating one Sim.
- Some traits included from the developing stage of The Sims 3 that were removed for the computer version, such as Shy (later to be re-introduced in The Sims 3: Late Night), Conversationalist and Vain. Traits that are only in the mobile version are Conversationalist, Vain, Modest and Active.
- Fewer lifetime wishes.
- The game ends when a lifetime wish is fulfilled, unlike the computer series of The Sims, which is completely open-ended.
- Only one cheat, unlike the computer which has many cheats.
- Less furniture
- Fewer careers, only five careers available.
- The disability to have children (reintroduced in The Sims 3: Ambitions (iPhone))
- The disability to see the full Sim in Town Map and view lots.
- The ability to wear different outfits (sleepwear, formalwear etc.)
- Build mode
Features[edit | edit source]
- Over 10 hours of gameplay filled with hysterical antics and unexpected moments of surprise
- New beautiful 3D visuals
- Support for iPhone specific controls (touch and accelerometer)
- Explore an ever-changing neighborhood with new open world gameplay
- Enjoy smarter Sims with deeper personalities, wishes and goals
- Create Sims, complete with different hair styles, clothes, personalities and more
- Keep Sims busy with 4 fun mini-games including fishing, gardening, cooking, and house repairs
- Develop complex relationships with other Sims as they fall in love, make friends or rebel against the neighborhood
Vampire theme pack[edit | edit source]
On November 6, 2009, EA announced the release of a vampire theme pack for the iPhone. The pack included Live it or Wear it Sets with Vampires and Werewolves, Castle and Campus Life themes. “Live it” sets contain car, furniture, decoration, wallpaper, and flooring. “Wear it” sets contain clothing, new CAS options, and hair styles.
Expansions[edit | edit source]
EA seems to be following the same path they are with the computer series coming out with World Adventures, Ambitions and Supernatural. They are all in someway related to the corresponding expansion packs for the computer.
Sims[edit | edit source]
- Luke (Traits: Shy, Good Sense of Humor, Natural Cook, Active)
- Marcell (Traits: Natural Cook, Easily Bored, Vain, Active)
Careers[edit | edit source]
There are 5 places to get jobs.
- Town Hall
- Corsican Bistro
- Pawn Shopfixing
Other buildings and locations[edit | edit source]
- Pawnshop - It can be unlocked once all the goals are completed.
- Quickmart - Sims can buy groceries here and get the Business job.
- Hobby Shop - Buy seeds to plant things, a fishing kit and a repair kit.
- Corsican Bistro - Sims can have a meal, get the Culinary job and buy recipes.
- Car Dealer - Sims can buy him/herself a car.
- The lake - A place for sims to fish and meet the neighbours.
- Science lab - A place to get the Science job.
- City hall - A place to get the Politics job.
Mini games[edit | edit source]
There are 4 different mini games in The Sims 3.
- Cooking - shake the device to cool the pots down/stop them from overflowing
- Fishing - fish in the local pond for fishy food or sell them for extra money
- Gardening - buy seeds at the Hobby Shop and harvest them when they're ready
- Repairing - buy a repairing kit at the Hobby Shop to fix broken objects around your house
Cheats[edit | edit source]
This cheat only works on the iOS version: At Gardening Tips in Help & About, Shake your Device, You'll see a Large Green Simoleon Symbol appear on the screen, Giving you §500 Each shake.
Upgrade houses[edit | edit source]
In The Sims 3 base game for iPhone, the only way to make a house bigger is to upgrade it through a message that pops up on the screen. There are 3 housing updates.
- First Update - Gives four plots of land to grow crops and a new room plus bigger spaces in existing rooms.
- Second Update - More rooms, bigger rooms and more garden space.
- Third Update - More rooms and bigger rooms, plus more windows and doors.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 3 Collectors Edition was also released but not on iPhone, or any other smartphone except Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S.[confirmation needed]
- Ruth can be based on Grandma Ruthie from MySims because she and Ruth have the same looks and their names also match.
- The Sims 3 is optimized for the iPhone 5 with an update. It was later optimized for iPad and iOS 9 with a separate update.
- The game featured brief special event images during certain important moments in a sim's life, such as getting a new job, first kiss, and first woohoo. This is reminiscent of the special event camera in The Sims 2.
- The game featured a few unique music tracks, such as during the loading and main menu screens.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 3 iPhone Trailer
The Sims 3 iPhone Trailer
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 3: Facts and Figures