The Sims 3 (Nintendo DS)
|The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS|
|Box art for The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS|
|Developer(s)||The Sims Division|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
For the first time ever, players can experience a full life simulation on a handheld with Nintendo DS and 3DS. However, Sims are unable to age, WooHoo, or have children. The neighborhood in the game is Beacon Bay, and many familiar Sims and/or relatives, such as Malcolm Landgraab and Alexander Goth, appear.
Description[edit | edit source]
Create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires, and control their lives within a living neighborhood that you can customize. Unlock all-new Karma Powers and unleash them on your Sims: help your Sim get lucky with the power of “love connector”, bless them with the power of “age defiler” or "instant beauty" or curse them with an "instant enemy". Use these powers wisely, because they may have unexpected results! As you guide your Sims through life, you can complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
Features[edit | edit source]
- It features a new Karma system.
- "Create any Sim you can imagine – give them unique personalities! Fine-tune your Sims’ appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different."
- "Unlock all-new Karma Powers. Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love—or take it all away with the click of a button."
- "Control your Sims’ destinies – Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true—or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be rock stars, world leaders, or expert thieves? It’s up to you."
- Complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
- Players can "sculpt" Sims and households using the stylus.
Trailer[edit | edit source]
The trailer for The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS was released on October 7, 2010. It shows many of the original features of The Sims 3, such as cycling around town and changing Sims' appearance. It also shows the newly added features, such as 'Karma Powers'. It also shows that, unlike previous games, building and customization has been greatly expanded.
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Die Sims 3 Nintendo DS - gamescom Hands On
- The Sims 3 Nintendo DS Trailer
- The Sims 3 Console Commercial
- The Sims are Alive! The Sims 3 Console TV Spot
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although The Sims 3 is marketed as a DS game, it has the Nintendo DSi product code (TWL) usually used for DSi-enhanced games although it mentions nothing about specific features on the DSi.
- Like all DSi titles, the game is region locked when played on a DSi or 3DS, as well as being affected by the Parental Controls on those systems. However, a DS or DS Lite from any region will still play the game.
- The Sims 3 is the last title of The Sims to be released on the Nintendo DS. It is also the last Sims game to be rated Everyone by the ESRB.
- The idea of Karma is taken from the Hindu religion. However, the Western interpretation of the term more accurately describes the Karma system in the game.
- Due to the presence of an adult Alexander Goth, it is presumed that the game takes place about 20–25 years after The Sims 2.
- Sims do not die. Instead, when a Sim starves or passes out, the Sim is taken to the hospital or back home respectively. Ghosts can be seen in the game, however.
- If a Sim marries a ghost, the player is able to see what they looked like before they died.
- Apartments are present in the game, but cannot be entered.[clarification needed]
- If the player uses Cosmic Curse on a Sim that is already an enemy, their relationship bar will turn green, indicating that they are now friends.
- Most traits from the PC version of The Sims 3 have been removed.
- Unlike in the PC games, you cannot have same-sex relationships on DS.
- In Create-A-Sim, when you're choosing your hair, if you click the top hat, and make it purple, it is the Mad Hatter's hat.
- In this game, Sims cannot Woo Hoo or have children[confirmation needed].
- During the loading screens, you can spin the Plumbbob by using the stylus.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- EA Announces The Sims 3 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "EA Announces" defined multiple times with different content
- First Details on The Sims 3 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS