The Sims 4: StrangerVille
|The Sims 4: StrangerVille|
|Box art for The Sims 4: StrangerVille|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)||February 26, 2019 (PC and Mac)|
May 14, 2019 (console)
|Platform(s)||Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S|
|System requirements||Minimum system requirements on TheSims.com|
The Sims 4: StrangerVille is the seventh game pack for The Sims 4. It was announced on February 20, 2019 and was released on February 26, 2019 on PC and Mac. The console version was released on May 14, 2019.
The pack is largely focused on a linear storyline, where various sims in a rural desert town named StrangerVille are all infected and the player has to find the cause and a cure. Other new features include the military career, listening device, lava lamps and the possessed emotion.
Official description[edit | edit source]
Solve the mystery of a desert town that holds a deep, dark secret.
Start your investigation and solve the mystery of a desert town that holds a deep, dark secret.
Different World – Explore StrangerVille, a rural desert town shrouded in secrecy. Encounter weird weather, creepy townies, dangerous plants, odd collectibles, and more.
Unravel the Story – Immerse your Sim in unique and mysterious events. Unmarked vans appear in neighborhoods, government agents use secret listening devices, and scanners are key in detecting the unusual.
Crack the Code – Have your Sims investigate using their Military training, searching for clues to solve a mystery that lies within the secret lab.
Suit Up Your Sim – Get Sims in the mystery-solving mood by gearing them up in desert-inspired clothing and military fatigues, or prepare them for the end with conspiracy-themed clothes, secret agent attire, and a hazmat suit.
New features[edit | edit source]
New gameplay mechanics[edit | edit source]
StrangerVille adds the desert town of StrangerVille, where Sims have to solve mysteries and puzzles in order to cure all the local residents. They can also join the military semi-active career, where they can become either a grand marshall or take the path of a covert operator. The pack includes a new aspiration and trait.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Story premise[edit | edit source]
When the player first loads the town of StrangerVille, some town locals are clearly infected with a mysterious illness: a possessed emotion, a strange walkstyle and talking gibberish about a "Mother Plant". Strange blue alien plants also dot the town. It is up to the player to investigate by talking to locals and explore the secret lab in order to find a cure for this strange illness.
New additions[edit | edit source]
- Paranoid Sims feel that danger is around every corner, and that people are always talking about them. Paranoid Sims feel a sense of security while hanging out in basements.
New Radio Station
- Strange Tunes
- StrangerVille Mystery (Location) - StrangerVille is holding some deep dark secret, and this Sim wants to uncover why all the townsfolk are acting a bit strange.
- New Resident - Talk about StrangerVille with 5 Sims · Buy Curio from the Curio Shop · Examine Sealed Door at Secret Lab
- Personal Spy - Gather 15 pieces of Evidence · Compile a StrangerVille Secret Dossier · Open the Sealed Door in the Secret Lab
- Pathogenic Investigator - Collect 15 Spore Clusters · Assemble the Hazmat Suit · Traverse to the deepest part of the Secret Lab
- StrangerVille Hero - Vaccinate 3 Sims · Recruit 3 Sims to Help Stop the source of the Infection · Defeat the source of the Infection
- Reward trait: Hero of StrangerVille - As the Hero of StrangerVille you will receive fan mail as well as being able to retell the tale of how you defeated the source of the Infection.
New Type of Death
- Consumed By the Mother
Other New Features
- Military career interactions:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- StrangerVille is the first story-based content pack in the main The Sims series.
- It is also the first game pack to include a new career. All previous careers came in either the base game or in expansion packs.
- It is also the first and so far only content pack for The Sims 4 to add a new emotion.
- Its mystery storyline and the Mother Plant appears to be inspired by the US horror/thriller TV series Stranger Things.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 4 StrangerVille Official Reveal Trailer
- The Sims 4™ StrangerVille Investigation
Music[edit | edit source]
Strange Tunes[edit | edit source]
- Bite The Buffalo - Dee Zeez
- Cut Worms - Alien Sunset
- Caesar Ramone - VOOL ZAM
- The Ooh Mao Maos - Shake Martian
- Tom Clark And The Dischords - Zomba Zeen
- James Iha - Se Bantz Oosheye
References[edit | edit source]
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: Get Famous
November 16, 2018
|The Sims series PC games||Followed by|
The Sims 4: Island Living
June 21, 2019
The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure
February 27, 2018
|The Sims 4 game packs||Followed by|
The Sims 4: Realm of Magic
September 10, 2019
|The Sims series game packs|