The Sims: Livin' Large
|The Sims: Livin' Large|
|Box art for The Sims: Livin' Large|
NA August 27, 2000
PAL September 8, 2000
NA October 23, 2002
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
|Creatures||Grim Reaper, Zombie, Genie, Servo|
Game Features[edit | edit source]
New Objects[edit | edit source]
- The "Concoctanation Station": With this chemistry set, Sims can make potions while gaining logic points. Different potions will have different effects, some good, some... not (i.e., the blue potion freshes out three of a Sim's needs, the purple potion turns them into a monster that breaks any objects it attempt to use).
- Antique Lamp: Allows Sims to take a risk to see if their wishes will be granted by the genie who lives inside.
- Crystal Ball: Answer its riddle to change a Sim's personality, or simply gaze into the future.
- Vibromatic Heart Bed: Sims can now get intimate under the covers and perhaps get a new family member.
- Telescope: Take a look at the night sky and possibly even meet aliens!
- Beaver Pelt Moosehead: Bring this furry fellow home for your gameroom or den. The wife is sure to love it.
New NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Servo: With this expensive item, send the robot inside to do chores. Fire all maids, butlers and gardeners!
- Sunny the Tragic Clown: This infamous NPC will come to life from a painting if Sims are in bad mood. He will try to cheer them up by doing tricks which always go wrong and interrupt Sims' sleep. To get rid of him, raise the Sims' mood or set the painting on fire.
- Grim Reaper: This NPC will come to fetch a Sim's soul if they die. If he is feeling generous, you can make any living Sims plea with him and play Rock-Paper-Scissors with him to bring back the dead Sim.
- Santa Claus: If a Sim prepares a plate of cookies near a Christmas tree and a fireplace, Santa Claus might visit and leave presents under the tree—if all Sims in the household are asleep by midnight.
- Genie: If a Sim rubs a magic lamp a Genie will appear and grant them a wish, with good or bad consequences.
New Careers[edit | edit source]
New Building Themes[edit | edit source]
- Rustic turn-of-the century houses
- Garish Vegas-style lounges
- Medieval castles
- Retro/sci-fi "Homes of the Future"
Other New Features[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Sims Livin Large Official Video Trailer
The Sims: Livin Large official trailer
Media[edit | edit source]
|The Sims: Livin' Large Load Music|
Known issues[edit | edit source]
One common issue about The Sims: Livin' Large is that sometimes the new objects are not shown in-game, and the base game loading screen is shown instead of the one for The Sims: Livin' Large. To fix this, a patch download is needed, or installing a newer expansion such as House Party.
[edit | edit source]
|"The Sims" Chronology|
February 4, 2000
|"The Sims" Franchise||Followed by|
The Sims: House Party
March 28, 2001
|"The Sims" PC Series|
|"The Sims" Series|
|First expansion pack||"The Sims" Franchise Expansion Packs|
|"The Sims" Series Expansion Packs|