The Sims 3: Pets (console)
|The Sims 3 Pets (console)|
|Life is Better with Pets|
|Developer(s)||Edge Of Reality|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||PS3: October 18, 2011
360: October 18, 2011
N3DS: October 31, 2011
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
|Media||DVD, Blu-ray Disc, Nintendo 3DS game card|
|System requirements||38 MB (Xbox 360 only)|
|Neighborhoods||Sugar Maple Coast (PS3 & 360), Port Abel (3DS)|
The Sims 3: Pets is a standalone game for consoles. It is released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo 3DS.
Features[edit | edit source]
- You can play as your own pet that you created.
- Pets have their own traits!
- Life stages for pets are: Puppy/Kitten, Adult, and Elder 
- Pets can learn skills.
- Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date.
- Players will be able to obtain new breeds such as a dog tiger husky, a dog panda chow, a cat skunk birman as well as other additional pets.
- There are also new pet motives, Destruction for Dogs and Scratch for Cats. 
- The karma powers from The Sims 3 on console returns in the console version of Pets and some of the negative karma powers relates to animals.
- There are more than 100 breeds of dogs and cats with traits that can be altered, such as fur length and pattern.
- You can assign features to pets and learn new skills, Your pets are also sims and can help your Sim.
- Pets can meet, fall in love and reproduce. Also, they can try to have puppies, kittens, and will also have family trees.
- Sugar Maple Coast is the town for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version, while Port Abel is for Nintendo 3DS.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
To cheat the player must press the start button and L1 L2 R1 and R2 (PS3) or LT LB RT and RB (Xbox) and a message will appear asking if you want to enable creation mode. Click yes and the player will unlock a few karma powers along with unlimited karma points and 999,999,999 Simoleons. The player's budget doesn't change if one buys or sells. However consequently the player will not receive any trophies, achievements or challenges with Creation mode enabled. 
There are a total of thirty possible pet traits. In Create-A-Pet, each pet can be given up to two traits. Pets can learn up to eleven traits, and they can also "un-learn" them. A few traits cannot be learned. Some traits are unique to one species, and some can be for any species. There are also some traits that will conflict with one another, such as Proud and Playful.
Glitches[edit | edit source]
The Sims 3 Pets has its fair share of small issues with certain things. They don't necessarily break the game, but they can be annoying.
- Sometimes if you want to watch TV, you will be unable to because the game thinks that your couch is full, even when it isn't. Because of this, you cannot replace it or move it anywhere else.
- When your Sim steps out of a shower, there is a slight chance that the water coming from the shower head will still be running. This can be mistaken for a broken shower.
- There's a rare chance that a burglar will enter your house, set off the alarm, and stare at you for a few minutes before dashing out of your house. Nothing will be taken, but you will receive a message telling you that the police will get him/her next time.
- After using a piece of gym equipment (the treadmill or the weight machine) it can sometimes take a while for your Sim to change back to his/her everyday clothes.
- Sometimes a cat's tail texture may stretch occasionally. The only known way to fix it is restarting the game.
- During a birthday if you use a Karma power at a Sim that is aging up, then the "Having Birthday" interaction will cancel, thus resulting in a bugged age. Their portrait of them will be at the age they were supposed to become, but after the event would end, when idle they will be the same height of said age originally, but appearance-wise they would have the facial structures of the age they were going to become next.
- Sometimes while making food, a Sim will disappear for unknown reasons and will not return, forcing the player to create a new family.
- Sometimes a Sim will perform an action but will freeze mid animation. Trying to repeat the action will correct the issue.
- On the 3DS version of the game, if you delete a fence and you undo the action, the game doesn't reset the money to what it was before the action was made, essentially its an infinite money glitch.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
|Plan B||Stay Too Long|||
Trailers and videos[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 3 Pets Announce Trailer
- The Sims 3 Pets (Unleashed) Leaked Trailer
The Sims 3: Pets (Unleashed) Leaked Trailer
- The Sims 3 Pets - Interview with Michael Cox
Interview with Michael Cox, a developer of the game.
- The Sims 3 Pets Live Q&A, Sneak Peak Preview with Ben Bell
An interview with Ben Bell.
- The Sims 3 Pets Xbox 360 PS3 Trailer
GamesCom Console Trailer
- The Sims 3 Pets Interview - PC and Console - Gamescom 2011
Sims 3 Pets GamesCom Producer Interview
- Producer Präsentation Die Sims 3 Einfach tierisch - gamescom 2011
Sims 3 Pets Producer Presentation
- Video-Preview gamescom 2011 Die Sims 3 Einfach tierisch
Pets 3DS Gameplay
- SimFans Sims 3 Pets Producer Interview
SimFans GamesCom Pets Interview
- The Sims 3 Pets - Xbox 360 Offscreen Gameplay - gamescom 2011
GamesCom Create A Pet Console
- The Wild World of The Sims 3 Pets (original narration by Randall)
The Wild World of The Sims 3: Pets
- The Sims 3 Pets Producer's Walkthrough
The Sims 3: Pets Producer's Walkthrough
- Trevor Mountleg presents The Sims 3 Pets on Console
Trevor Mountleg presents The Sims 3: Pets on Console
- Trevor Mountleg presents The Sims 3 Pets on the Nintendo 3DS
Trevor Mountleg presents The Sims 3: Pets on the Nintendo 3DS
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- EA.com - The Sims 3 Pets
- The Sims 3: Pets - Interview with Ben Bell
- E3: Sims 3 Pets is Just What You’d Expect
- IGN - E3 2011: The Sims 3: Pets Goes to the Dogs
- The Sims 3: Pets Announced | MK Gaming
- The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast Notes
- The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast
- The Sims 3 Pets Q&A with Ben Bell
- The Sims 3: Pets soundtrack