The Sims 3: Showtime
|The Sims 3: Showtime|
|Share the Story of Your Sims’ Rise to Fame!|
|Developer(s)||Maxis Salt Lake|
(Formerly The Sims Studio)
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||NA March 6, 2012|
EU March 8, 2012
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
|System requirements||Minimum Hardware Requirements on TheSims3.com|
The Sims 3: Showtime is the sixth expansion pack for The Sims 3. The game is stardom and career themed, similar to The Sims 3: Late Night, and The Sims: Superstar expansions. It was released on March 6, 2012 in North America, March 8, 2012 in Europe, and March 9, 2012 in the United Kingdom.
Description[edit | edit source]
Live the rags to riches story with your Sims while connected to your friends! Experience the rise to stardom as your Sim performs on stage from one venue to the next as a DJ, a singer, an acrobat, or a magician. For the first time, The Sims 3 Showtime introduces social features, including Simport, an all-new feature that lets you send your Sims to a friend’s game! There, your Sim can perform at your friend’s venue in front of your friend’s Sims! You will also be able to chat with friends and post messages and screenshots on your friends’ walls. Make your rise to fame!
Game Features[edit | edit source]
- Social features: Chat with friends, post to their walls, give status updates, and create friends lists.
Make new friends, connect, and share your stories and experiences without ever leaving the game. Using the new individual in-game news feeds and live updates, post your Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and gifts, search for new friends and share memories.
- Achievement System: Earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. New achievements will be introduced on a regular basis. We’re also adding a new achievement system where players can take on special challenges and as they accomplish each achievement, they will be awarded badges that will be shown off on their new player profile page.
Can you get your Sims to smooch 5 times by Valentine’s Day? Can you get your Sim to sell 50 albums, in the first week of Showtime? Players will have hundreds of achievements to accomplish from day one, but stay tuned as new achievements will be presented to The Sims 3 community even after Showtime is released.
- In Game Messaging: One of the new features in The Sims 3 Showtime is the capability of in-game messaging, so that you can communicate with your Simmer friends while you’re playing. If you prefer not to have this connected experience, then it’s easy enough to turn off this messaging.
- Simport: It is another major new connected feature introduced in Showtime. This allows players the ability to send their star Sim performers on tour to perform special shows in their friends’ towns. You can also invite your friends to send their Sims to perform for you. You can customize the stage in your venue with special themed backgrounds, props, lights and special effects before your friend’s Sim arrives to make sure their performance is a hit with the other Sims who live in your town.
- New Traits
- New Lifetime wishes
- Master Acrobat - Many Sims fall in love with tumbling and jump head first into acrobatics, hoping that their leap of faith will end in sold out performances with crowds of adoring fans. It will take years of stretching, bending, and treating burns, but great strength of body – and perseverance - will eventually lead a Sim to the title of Master Acrobat. (Reach Level 10 of the Acrobat Career)
- Master Magician - The world of Magic and Illusion seems exotic and mysterious to most Sims. To make it as a magician, your Sim must master tricks ranging from making small objects appear to, to escaping complicated death traps. It will be dangerous, but success will surely lead to fame and glory as a world renowned illusionist. (Reach Level 10 of the Magician Career)
- Vocal Legend - Everyone dreams of being the next idol, and being worshiped by millions of Sims around the world. But can you work through the years of stress and obscurity to reach the heights of super-stardom? (Reach Level 10 of the Singer Career)
- New Lifetime Happiness Rewards
- Born to Cook (20,000) - Become a better chef without spending years slaving over a hot stove! Increase the quality and taste of your food!
- Dusty Old Lamp (30,000) - This lamp can make all your wishes comes true with only a little polishing.
- Engaging (10,000) - The audience will hang on the slightest movement or quietest whisper that you produce. Your successes on stage will be more prevalent, and your fails less significant.
- ExtraordinAIRe-Inator (20,000) - The ExtraordinAIRe-Inator turns your house into a place of meditation. Relax into it’s fresh and soothing aromas.
- Fearless Voyager (Simport) (20,000) - Sometimes you take a voyage. Sometimes the voyage takes you. Either way, it pays big to be fearless when going on tour via Simport.
- Perfect host (Simport) (20,000) - You welcome your guest with open arms and accommodate their needs as if your life depends on it….and this doesn’t go unnoticed. Your Sim’s household will receive more money, as well as Lifetime Happiness points, when hosting a Sim through Simport.
- That was Deliberate (15,000) - Turn a stumble into a well planned stride and a cracked voice into an operatic bellow. The audience is less likely to notice any mistakes that you may make while performing on stage.
- Coffeehouse - The new Coffeehouse venue is a hangout type lot where your Sims can enjoy some me time, or hang out with a group of friends. You can also add some of the new Showtime interactive content to spice it up! Performers are able to perform and audition for gigs here.
- Live Show Venue – The Live Show Venue is an open “hangout” type lot, which your Sims can visit at any time, and will also be the venue where they perform their firsts gigs.
- Private Venue – The Private Venue is a hangout type lot that has set business hours just like the clubs in the Late Night expansion. Your Sim can visit this private venue at any time during normal business hours. Your Showtime Sims will also be able to perform for private parties & put on a show in a Private Venue.
- Big Show Venue – The Big Show Venue is a performance venue for you Sims. You will not be able to enter the building unless you have been granted a chance to perform there. This is the largest type of show your Sim could ever perform at.
- SimFest: a giant talent show for acrobats, magicians and singers to compete against one another in town. For Sims who particularly love a challenge, a new dual interaction is available in-game for Sims to compete against one another outside of SimFest.
- You can hire DJs, Magician, singers, and acrobats from the “call for services” menu. You can also hire a Sing-a-gram from the phone, to deliver a message to someone special.
- DJs, magicians, singers and acrobat Sims can have stage names.
- Magicians, singers and acrobats Sims will have an interaction in Friendly which is Ever heard of me?. The interaction will ask the other Sims whether they know them or not.
- Big Show Performances
- Career outfit category is added to CAS. Sims can have maximum 3 outfits, like other outfit categories.
- New Career Clothing - Sims who are acrobats, magicians and singers will unlock special objects and outfits directly relating to that career. All outfits can be customised in Create a Sim to match the look of the venue and stage for your Sim’s performance.
- New Skill
- The DJ Booth allows your Sims to moonlight as a DJ while your Sim is on their fantastic climb to stardom.
- Sims will gain more and more experience as they use the DJ booth. They can perform on community lots for tips, while maintaining an alternate full blown career.
- New Hidden Skills
- Acrobat Career – Levels 1 – 10
- DJ Turntable – Levels 1 – 5
- Dominoes – Levels 1 – 10
- Gambling – Levels 1 – 10
- Golfing – Levels 1 – 10
- Magician Career – Levels 1 – 10
- Pool – Levels 1 – 10
- Singing – Levels 1 – 10
- New/returning Objects
- Magicians, Acrobats and Singers will be able to set up their own stage when performing at a venue. The set up stage option appears up to 2 hours prior to your live show and will prompt buy mode’s “Props” section. you will have a variety of items to choose from. You will be able to choose a “previously Saved” prop default, or create a brand new one.
There is also the option to use the venue’s preset prop stage. Props serve as home decor and furniture as well. Lighting effects, flames, butterflies and other effects are also available as props. When a Sim has finished performing, they will get reviews on their performances. Sims can have anywhere from awesome to terrible shows. Moodlets reflect their performances.
- Create a Venue
- Players can build their own unique, one of a kind venue to host performances. Select any community lot that fits your size needs, and build away! Just remember this all costs money.You can also edit the previous setup.
- New death type
- Death by Magic
- For some magical fun, your Sims can use the Box of Mystery to perform the “swords of destiny” by carefully placing knives through the box without stabbing the Sim inside.
- Beware the Box of Danger! If a Sim fails at correctly executing their tricks with this object, death may come calling.
- The way the ghost looks will be "smokey".
- New "WooHoo" Spots
- Photo Booth
- Box of Mystery
- Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich
- Some dishes have a vegetarian version for Vegetarian Sims in Showtime.
- Bananas are now harvestable plants.
- Tofu will be a new food ingredient and only can be bought at grocery stores.
- Place Snack Bowl is a new interaction that places snack bowls on counters. There are three flavors: Candy, Nuts and Chips. These bowls cost §9.
- Sea bat starfish, Linckia starfish and Ninja starfish are added as a new fish types. They exist in salt water. The bait for all of them is tofu.
Cross Compatibility with other Expansion Packs[edit | edit source]
- If The Sims 3: Late Night is installed, Sims in performance professions can gain celebrity points through opportunities in their jobs. As of patch 1.36, certain Late Night venues can accept gigs.
Editions[edit | edit source]
There are four different editions of the expansion pack. They are:
- Standard edition
- It only has the original contents for Showtime.
- Limited edition
- It has the contents for Showtime and two extra contents which is the venue and the stadium.
- The Sims 3: Showtime Katy Perry Collector's Edition
- This collector's edition has the original and limited contents and adds a download location which has a theme of Katy Perry hairstyle, clothes, guitar, thematic props of fruit. An exclusive poster is also included in the pack.
- It is a bundle pack which has The Sims 3 and normal edition of the pack.
Pre-Release[edit | edit source]
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a live chat on January 26, 2012.
- There was a Closed Beta for the expansion pack from January 13 through the 21st, 2012.
- The Announcement Trailer for Showtime uses the original English version of Firework by Katy Perry.
- There was a speculation that EA might have changed the release date of the expansion pack because on Amazon France, the Limited Edition of it and the bundle pack with The Sims 3 had their release date on March 27, the same date a 6th rumored stuff pack might be released. It is false as Amazon France had changed the date to March 8.
- The karaoke songs are the same as those heard in The Sims 2: Nightlife.
- SimPort was confirmed in this video to be released with the free update coming with The Sims 3: Showtime and works for all games.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- THE SIMS 3 SHOWTIME trailer (EN)
The Sims 3: Showtime announcement trailer
- Katy Perry Collector's Edition Trailer
Katy Perry Collector's Edition Music Video
- Make your Rise to Fame with The Sims 3™ Showtime. Available on origin.com
Make your Rise to Fame with The Sims 3™ Showtime.
- The Sims 3 Showtime Launch Trailer
The Sims 3: Showtime Launch Trailer
- The Sims 3 Showtime Producer Walkthrough
The Sims 3: Showtime Producer Walkthrough
- The Sims 3 Showtime Social Features
The Sims 3: Showtime Social Features
- The Sims 3 Showtime -- Rise to Fame
The Sims 3: Showtime - Rise to Fame
- The Sims 3™ Showtime - SimPort
The Sims™ 3: Showtime - SimPort
Music[edit | edit source]
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that were featured in Showtime:
|Awolnation||Not Your Fault|
|Fun.||We Are Young|
|Quiet Company||You Me And The Boatman|
|Swoobie Zine||A Nagging Sense Of Uncertainty|
|Jason Derulo||Don't Wanna Go Home|
|Patrick Stump||This City|
|Wanae Lockrell||Loo Mah|
|Sonic Boom Six||For the Kids of the Multiculture|
[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 3: Showtime on TheSims3.com
- SimsVIP Showtime Game Guide (not official)
- SimsVIP Showtime Fact Sheet
References[edit | edit source]
- SimsVIP Showtime Fact Sheet
- Amazon US of collector's edition
- Amazon US of The Sims 3 Plus Showtime
- On the rumor's article
- Live Chat Event page
- YouTube - The Sims 3 Showtime Trailer
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff
January 24, 2012
|The Sims series PC games||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
June 8, 2012
The Sims 3: Pets
October 18, 2011
|The Sims 3 expansion packs||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Supernatural
September 4, 2012
|The Sims series expansion packs|