The Sims Social
|The Sims Social|
|PAL region cover art|
|System requirements||Facebook and Adobe Flash Player, Smartphone|
|Input methods||Keyboard, mouse|
The Sims Social, commonly referred to as TSS, was a Facebook game made by Playfish and EA. The first wall post was on Monday, June 6, 2011, and the game was launched on Monday, August 8, 2011. It was no longer available as of June 14, 2013, 2 years after its debut.
The Sims Social was a free game but also has premium content inside. A mobile application for smartphones was also in development as a companion app to the Facebook version, which was to be available on the current generation of smartphones.
On April 15, 2013, EA announced that it would shut down The Sims Social, along with other Facebook games on June 14, 2013 due to lack of popularity. Another reason for the termination of The Sims Social is for EA to be able to reallocate its servers and other such resources.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Sims Social brings all the freedom, fun, and creativity of The Sims to Facebook! Create customized Sims with their own unique characters, ambitions, and friends. Your Sim’s friends—and enemies—are your real friends and the deeper your relationships, the further you get in the game! Build your Sim a perfect home and fulfill their wishes to live out their dreams. Control every aspect of their social life, make friends or fight, love or betray, play nice or be mean, share a first kiss or woohoo! Play with life in a whole new way—with your friends, for free!
Features[edit | edit source]
- Playing with life has never been so easy and fun! Enjoy accessible gameplay and in-depth customization paired with social features that let you play for free with all your friends.
- Customize your Sim. Determine your Sim’s personality traits, pick from a huge variety of physical features, and choose their clothing from loads of styles.
- Create the perfect house. A country shack, a luxurious loft, or a bachelor pad—build your Sim’s home and discover the endless interactions your Sim can have with exciting items!
- Build your Sim’s social circles. Sims need social lives to be happy. Be the perfect friend and help out your neighbours out, or indulge your dark side, sparking rivalries and becoming somebody’s archenemy! If you are looking for romance, maneuver your Sim into relationships with your friends’ Sims and experience the bliss of a first kiss, the heartache of an unexpected breakup, and the joy of making up.
- Live their dreams. Does your Sim want to be an adored celebrity, a tycoon with swimming pools of money, or a hero devoted to helping friends? Embark on fun quests to help your Sim achieve their dreams. Or follow your own whims and explore the endless possibilities!
- Life goes on. Whether you’re online or not, life goes on in Littlehaven. Check in regularly to see what your Sim has been up to, who’s visited or left you a gift, and how everything - from your relationships to your electronic gadgets - is doing!
Neighborhood[edit | edit source]
The Sims Social takes part in a town/city named Littlehaven. Neighborhood in The Sims Social is different with other games. We can live in different neighborhoods at one time, and we still able to visit them even both Sims live in different neighborhoods. If we visited a Sim, there's a 'Friend's Properties' button, showing Sim's houses. Littlehaven has many locations. We can buy houses/apartments in Littlehaven locations.
Littlehaven Town is a place in Littlehaven, where the game started for the first time. All of Sims in Littlehaven live there, including Bella Goth. Our house in Littlehaven Town is considered as our first 'home'. You will move into a new road each time you leveled up your house value level. Land in the town is grassy, with its growing trees and small plants.
Littlehaven Shores is a place in Littlehaven, which introduced with its Vacation Home. Land in the shores is sandy, and of course, had a beach view, with its seashells, driftwoods, and palm leaves.
Littlehaven City is a place in Littlehaven, which introduced with its Little Apple Penthouse. There's only few things known in Littlehaven City, because we only can see tall buildings and billboards.
Main Characters[edit | edit source]
These are known available main characters in The Sims Social, especially Littlehaven:
Returning Characters[edit | edit source]
- Bella Goth - Bella returns to Littlehaven as neighbor (which we can't control). She is a tutorial Sim. She helps the player to get started on Littlehaven.
Appeared in Game[edit | edit source]
- Macy - Macy helps players in earning money and decorating the house. She appears when you're clicking anything related with money.
- Shane Shaw - Shane is a guy in Littlehaven and loves to date. Shane is Scarlett's brother, because he has the same last name as her. He occasionally appears in an update every week, or in-game advertisement.
- Scarlett Shaw - Scarlett is a member of the Cream Club, dedicated to popularity and self-promotion. Scarlett is Shane's sister, because she has the same last name as him. She appears when the game recognizes that you're not on computer.
- Buddy - Buddy is a friendly Sim of bland disposition. Buddy is Chloe's brother, as said on Good vs Evil Week quest and Car Week quest. Before, he appeared in snag or game error notifications. He appeared also on the maintenance page.
- Chloe - Chloe is a Sim who enjoys romance. Chloe is Buddy's sister, as said on Good vs Evil Week quest and Car Week quest.
- Barbara Belle - Barbara is a fitness instructor Sim who can be seen around town. She appears when you're out of energy.
- Dallas - Dallas is a friend of Bella Goth. She has a cousin in the music industry.
- Fleur - Fleur is Gustav Heimlich's personal assistant.
- Mike Rib - Mike is a member of the HiQ Club, and contact with the M.S.S.
- Penelope Pemberton - Penelope is President of the Venture Planning League (V.P.L.).
- Jessica - Jessica is a recruiter for the local super hero league, dressed like a Team Evil Cheerleader.
- Eugene Hackett - Eugene is the leader of the Littlehaven Mad Scientists Society. He was born and raised in the town, and still holds the Littlehaven High School record for most wedgies received in a single academic year.
- Larry Lizard - Larry is (possibly) a businessman or a landlord in Littlehaven. He appeared when you are buying land expansions, new house, and leveled up house value level.
- Jared - Jared is a pool boy, introduced in Pool Week, and helped us on building swimming pool (project item).
- Artist boy - He appeared in Art Career window.
- Chef boy - He appeared in Cooking Career window.
- Goth Rocker girl - She appeared in Music Career window.
- Driving teacher - He appeared on driving quest and driving skill.
- Tabitha Grey - She's an elder in the game (because she said that she hasn't met your Sim since your Sim was just a baby). She's your Sim aunt, and she's a penthouse dealer. She appeared on the Penthouse quest.
Not Appeared in Game[edit | edit source]
- Gustav Heimlich - Gustav is a spiritual counselor Sim who has moved from Europe.
- Jolene Dexie - Jolene is a dancer and carwash operative who moved to Littlehaven from the mid-south, after her trailer burnt down in a toaster oven fire.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Create a Sim that suits your interests, with different personalities, looks and traits.
- Be an inspired Sim by fulfilling their hunger, hygiene, bladder, sleep (secondary), social and fun needs/motives, so you can earn more Simoleons.
- Two Sims can have various relationship statuses, including friend, romantic partner, or enemy.
- Gain experience points to level up your game and unlock more capabilities and items.
- Add your friends as neighbors and visit their house.
- Build and decorate your house and lot; gain house value with new items every week.
- Finish available quests to earn nice reward!
- Help your friends to build rooms and items, doing quests, and collect elements needed for skill and quest.
- Train your Sim in skills to unlock items and earn Simoleons.
- Gain success and reward from Career, by gaining promotion.
- Build project items in shop for free, and earn nice reward if you finished it before specified time.
- Craft items to make potions and elements you need for your Sim.
- Everything you do in the game can be shared to your Facebook profile!
Personality[edit | edit source]
Personality is a feature in The Sims Social, which is similar to aspiration in The Sims 2, but different from the traits in the game itself. Players can choose their Sim's personality at the beginning of the game.
Traits[edit | edit source]
Relationship Status[edit | edit source]
The Sims Social has a lot types of Sim relationships. Sims are able to make friends, enemies, lovers, with each other.
Leveling[edit | edit source]
Game Level[edit | edit source]
Game level shows a player's progress in the game. It can be leveled up by earning experience points (XP).
House Value Level[edit | edit source]
House Value Level is value of the items/objects the player contains on their lot and storage. Whenever buying an item, the household level increases. Household level determines a Sim's wealth.
Quest[edit | edit source]
Quest is a feature in The Sims Social. Completing quests will give the player bonus rewards, such as Simoleons, XP, Lifetime Points, or unlocking of special items or additional quests.
Skill[edit | edit source]
Skill is a feature in The Sims Social, which exist in all of The Sims games.
Career[edit | edit source]
Careers were added to the game on 22 March 2012. They are similar to careers in the main titles.
Currency and Units[edit | edit source]
The Sims Social has more than one currency, they are: Simoleon, SimCash, and Social Point.
|Simoleon||Simoleon is a basic currency in The Sims series games. In The Sims Social, Simoleon is a grey coin with § symbol on it.|
|SimCash||SimCash (also called SC), used to be only available by purchase, but now it's available too as 5th day login bonus, and reward from inviting new player to install the game. Players will receive 40 SimCash free when they begin playing. SimCash is a golden coin with a gold plumbob logo on it.|
|Social Points||Social Points (also called SP) can be gained by performing social interactions with other Sims. Social Point is a blue plumbob shaped coin.|
Besides those currency there are other goods that can be collected to act like a type of 'currency', that could be called 'units'.
|Energy||Energy is a unit that used to perform actions (besides fulfilling motives actions) such as doing skill actions, doing special actions, and more. Every 5 minutes, your Sim's energy will be replenished by 1. You also can earn energy by visiting friends, by claiming wallposts, receiving it as a gift, or at random times during the game. Energy is yellow lightning bolt shaped.|
|Lifetime Achievement Points||Lifetime Achievement Points (also called LAP) can be gained by leveling up skills and finishing quests. LAP is used in the traits shop; it is similar to Lifetime happiness in The Sims 3 to purchase lifetime rewards. LAP is blue treasure-chest shaped.|
|Career Points and Tokens||Career Points and Tokens can be gained by doing jobs/appointments in career. Those points are used to gain promotions, and tokens are used for doing special jobs/appointments and career quests.|
|Experience Points||Experience Points (also called XP) can be gained almost through all actions in the game. XP is used to increase the game level (to 'level up'). XP is blue star shaped.|
|House Value||House Value (also called HV) can be gained through buying items and building project items. HV is used to level up the Sim's house value level.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sims Social was announced at E3 in 2011, and hit open beta August 8.
- Bella Goth appears as a neighbor. The player can interact with her but cannot control her.The Sims Social is the third game in which Bella cannot be controlled (others include The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 for PSP).
- Bella Goth has a Socialite personality and on level 10 Cooking career.
- Bella's abduction on The Sims 2 was explained in The Sims Social, because Littlehaven was set after that event.
- The Buddy in this game could be a nod to Buddy of the MySims series, as he wears red (Buddy's signature color), has brown hair (Buddy's original hair color in the beta version of MySims), and has the same name.
Easter Egg[edit | edit source]
Here are a few easter eggs on The Sims Social:
- L. Simnovorii or Cowplant from The Sims 2, re-appeared on the game on Halloween 2011.
- Bike Curious, an abandoned item from expansion land on the game, has same name with Curious family which introduced in The Sims 2.
- Servo Statue, an abandoned item from expansion land on the game, Servo is one of life state introduced in The Sims: Livin' Large.
- A floor tile named Pleasantview (it's a white carpet), which named after a neighborhood, Pleasantview.
- There's a painting named Bella Lisa which referred to Mona Lisa Painting.
- Items from Ultra Lounge Week was a 2D remake of The Sims 3 Ultra Modern Furniture pack from the store.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bella Goth's house in The Sims Social
- The Sims Social - E3 2011 Trailer
E3 2011 Announcement Trailer
- The Sims Social E3 2011 Reveal
The Sims Social Demo from E3 2011
- The Sims Social Launch Trailer
The Sims Social Launch Trailer
The Sims Social "City" Trailer
- Kisses Not Cows
The Sims Social "Kisses Not Cows" Trailer
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- The Sims Social on Facebook
- The Sims Social Official Forum at the Wayback Machine (archived November 25, 2011)
- The Sims Social Official Guide[dead link]
- The Sims Social Wikia