The Sims 4 (console)
|The Sims 4 (console)|
|Box arts for the console versions of The Sims 4.|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, Blind Squirrel Games|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||INT November 17, 2017|
|Platform(s)||Xbox One, PlayStation 4|
|Creatures||Sim, Ghost, Grim Reaper|
|Neighborhoods||Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Newcrest|
The Sims 4 is a console game released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 17, 2017. The game provides the full base game, as well as content packs, similar to that of the PC version.
Official description[edit | edit source]
- CREATE UNIQUE SIMS - Create a variety of unique Sims with distinct appearances, big personalities, and all-new emotions. Sculpt your Sims’ body shape using the powerful new Create A Sim tool then choose their hairstyles, walk-styles, and fashions. Give their lives purpose by selecting their traits and aspirations that give you control over their mind, body, and heart.
- BUILD THE PERFECT HOME - Effortlessly build and design homes for your Sims using the new room-based Build Mode. Construct the home of your dreams by designing its layout, choosing its furnishings, and altering the landscape. You can even add a pool or basement!
- EXPLORE VIBRANT WORLDS - Travel between worlds, explore unique neighborhoods, and discover interesting venues. Your Sims can visit new communities to expand their social circle, hangout with friends in parks, or find and collect fun new objects.
- PLAY WITH LIFE - Control the rich and entertaining moments of your Sims’ lives from their relationships to their careers. Your choices shape every aspect of their lives from birth, to being a toddler, and into adulthood.
Downloadable content[edit | edit source]
Since the release of the game, downloadable content has been released for The Sims 4, which are exactly the same as their PC counterparts.
Expansion packs[edit | edit source]
- City Living (November 17, 2017)
- Get to Work (March 20, 2018)
- Cats & Dogs (July 31, 2018)
- Get Together (September 11, 2018)
- Seasons (November 13, 2018)
- Get Famous (February 12, 2019)
- Island Living (July 16, 2019)
- Discover University (December 17, 2019)
Game packs[edit | edit source]
- Vampires (November 17, 2017)
- Dine Out (January 8, 2018)
- Parenthood (June 19, 2018)
- Jungle Adventure (December 4, 2018)
- Outdoor Retreat (December 4, 2018)
- Spa Day (April 18, 2019)
- StrangerVille (May 14, 2019)
- Realm of Magic (October 15, 2019)
Stuff packs[edit | edit source]
- Perfect Patio Stuff (November 17, 2017)
- Vintage Glamour Stuff (November 17, 2017)
- Cool Kitchen Stuff (December 5, 2017)
- Luxury Party Stuff (December 5, 2017)
- Romantic Garden Stuff (February 6, 2018)
- Toddler Stuff (May 22, 2018)
- Backyard Stuff (May 22, 2018)
- Kids Room Stuff (June 19, 2018)
- Laundry Day Stuff (August 14, 2018)
- Spooky Stuff (October 2, 2018)
- Movie Hangout Stuff (February 19, 2019)
- Bowling Night Stuff (March 12, 2019)
- Fitness Stuff (March 12, 2019)
- Moschino Stuff (September 3, 2019)
- Tiny Living Stuff (February 4, 2020)
- My First Pet Stuff (March 31, 2020)
Release[edit | edit source]
The Sims 4 for consoles was released on November 17, 2017. Unlike previous console releases in the series, The Sims 4 for consoles is a conversion of the original PC version rather than a separate game developed specifically for consoles, thereby sharing much of the same gameplay and feature set as the original release; certain features such as community sharing are absent, however. In addition, many of the cheats for the PC release will also work on console, and can be invoked by holding all four shoulder buttons on the joypad.
Anybody who had an EA Access subscription on Xbox One were able to trial the game ahead of release, that began on November 9, 2017. The base game was made free to all EA Access subscribers on July 12, 2018.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- SimsCommunity - The Sims 4 console: Michael Duke talks about performance, controls and more
- The Sims 4 Life of the Party Digital Content - Microsoft Store
- The Sims 4 Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content - Microsoft Store
- The Sims 4 Up All Night Digital Content - Microsoft Store
- This pack cannot be purchased unless the player already owns Cats & Dogs.
- Console Version Differences - IGN
- The Sims™ 4 Deluxe Party Edition - Microsoft Store
- The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition - Official PlayStation Store UK
- The Sims 4 Console - EA.com
- The Sims 4 Console - EA Access - EA.com
- Gamespot - EA Access Adds Another Game On Xbox One
- EA Access on Twitter - Get out there and build Simmers! The Sims 4 is now live on EA Access