A slip and slide.
A stink bomb prank.
Sim children in costumes.
Sims having a party.
Swedish box art for The Sims 3: Generations.
Entertainer spraying nectar on a Sim.
A bachelorette party.
A Sim graduating.
The Sims 3 website image.
Elder and teen Sims near a playground.
A wedding ceremony.
Sims giving gifts.
Sims star gazing.
A stink bomb prank.
One of the two new cars with Generations
Another of the new cars shipped with Generations.
A toddler on a water slide
A child using the water slide
An Imaginary Friend
Sim using the chemistry station
A teen's bedroom complete with the Expansion Pack's new decor.
A family picture which was used to promote Generations
If your sims' party gets too wild, the police may come to defuse the party.
An Imaginary Friend doing chores.
Dancing at prom night.
Fire Bag prank.
Prom queen and king
Telling a scary story
Teenager getting in trouble
Children playing with sand
Two Sims gazing at the stars together.
A teen pulling a prank
Loading Screen in-game
Body hair in-game
A female Sim reading book to a child Sim
A Sim - Imaginary Friend hybrid with her Imaginary Friend
An Imaginary Friend & child Sim
Teen and toddler in the park
The Sims 3: Generations
|The Sims 3: Generations|
|Live life to the fullest!|
|Developer(s)||The Sims Studio|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||NA May 31, 2011|
EU June 3, 2011
AUS June 2, 2011
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
|Media||DVD, Digital Download|
|System requirements||Minimum Hardware Requirements on TheSims3.com|
Each life phase has a theme. For children, imagination and make-believe are key themes. For teens, rebellious, chaotic scenes such as parties and pranks are an addition. As a young adult and adult, the focus is on their relationships with others, from getting married to having children of their own. Elders get to enjoy their time reminiscing about the golden years and the joys of watching their grandchildren grow up. There are also now 5 schools (including Military school, Prep School and Art School) for Children and Teenagers to go to.
Description[edit | edit source]Enjoy a whole spectrum of rich life experiences with your Sims! Start off in the imagination-fuelled world of childhood and embrace the drama of the teen years. Experience the complicated realities of adult life, then reap the benefits of growing up in each life stage. A wealth of new options and activities makes your Sims' lives more meaningful than ever before, whatever their ages. With new celebrations, dramatic life events, and all-new ways for your Sims to express their creativity, The Sims 3 Generations lets your Sims live life to the fullest!
Features[edit | edit source]
- New addition: Memories.
- Return of memories system, where memories are tracked in a scrapbook (and online) and a feature to make memories. Along with general milestone memories, Sims can record their betrayals. Sims with a reputation of any kind can also view their reputation on these pages.
- New CAS features: Body hair (Only available for males ages YA and over) and catalog expansion pack and individual age sliders.
- New interactions:
- Children and teens may now have dreams, and get either positive or negative moodlet when they are awake.
- Sims can now ask parents-in-law for their child's hand in marriage.
- New traits:
- Rebellious: Sims with a rebellious streak can make trouble pulling off various pranks, like doorbell ditching, adding hair dye to their sibling's shampoo, making the toilet explode, and more.
- Nurturing: Sims with the nurturing trait will be great at taking care of kids and can punish naughty Sims by giving them timeouts, banning video games, and grounding them.
- New Lifetime Rewards: New rewards can be purchased with lifetime achievement points such as:
- Clean Slate: enables the Sim to completely erase their reputation and start over (note that this resets all information about their current relationship bringing the days involved with a partner to zero).
- Hover Bed: a floating double bed for the Sim which gives them an additional +10 moodlet.
- Above Reproach: A reward which decreases the chance for Sim to get caught cheating.
- Inheritance: A reward which gives the Sim a one-time award of money from a long lost relative, who the Sim has no relationship with. The demise of this Sim coincides with the bought wish.
- Super Nanny: A reward which is a benefit for those pursuing the new Day Care profession.
- Young Again: A reward which gives the player a Young Again Potion (can also be made at the Chemistry station).
- Motive Mobile: A 50's style van which a Sim can mark as their preferred vehicle and which fills up all of their motives in one trip.
- Clone Voucher: A coupon that is worth one genetic duplicate of the Sim who cashes it in but the new Sim is created as a child.
- Age Freeze: A reward which gives the player's Sim a potion that cannot be made from the Chemistry station that freezes the Sim's biological clock and prevents further aging unless using the Birthday Cake.
- New parties: School Dances, Prom Night for teens, high school graduation, teen house parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties (with the return of entertainers), new wedding ceremonies, and slumber parties.
- Field trips for children and teens. (A dialog box appears asking for parental permission.)
- New Profession: Daycare
- New creature: Imaginary Friend
- Boarding School: Sims can send their children and teens to any of 5 specialist boarding schools such as military school, sports academy, art school, hippie school or a posh prep, at each one the sim will learn new skills. The Boarding Schools aren't free unlike public school
- New woohoo places: the shower and tree house
- New Rabbit Hole: Tree House
- Dating returns to the game.
- Teen Sims can now be taught to drive by their parents in any vehicle in the household.
- New After school Activities: Children can either attend ballet classes or join the Boy/Girl Scouts. Teenagers can join up to two High School clubs including the sports team, drama club, debate team, school band, student newspaper, and more.
- Adults can experience a midlife crisis.
- Mysterious Mr. Gnome can age and have a "gnome family". The different life stages are: Toddler, Children, Teenager, Adult and Elder. Each one is Mysterious in different ways.
- Chemistry: Sims can make potions, the more logic skill the Sim has, the more kinds of potion the Sim can make.
- Cloning: Young adult, Adult, and Elder Sims can buy a cloning coupon, this coupon is redeemed at the science facility and when is redeemed the Sim will get a cloned child. This child is identical to the parent.
- New Objects:
Pre-Release[edit | edit source]
A trailer, which later turned out to be legitimate, was leaked on March 11, 2011 from The Sims 3's official twitter and Facebook. The trailer was leaked along with a trailer for a then-unconfirmed expansion pack, "Unleashed" (later confirmed as The Sims 3: Pets). Features shown in the trailer include tree houses, on-the-ground water slides, spiral staircases, mid-life crisis, family videos and pranks. On April 5, 2011, EA confirmed the rumors with a press release, followed by an official release of the trailer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The YouTube trailer is the most viewed Sims trailer for an expansion pack, with 6.3 million views as of November 2020.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Sims 3: Generations Official Announcement Trailer
The Sims 3: Generations Leaked Trailer
Royal Wedding Parody Trailer
The Sims 3: Generations Producer Walkthrough
The Sims 3: Generations TV Commercial
The Sims 3: Generations Launch Trailer
Music[edit | edit source]
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that were featured in Generations:
|All Time Low||Time Bomb|
|Airborne Toxic Event||Changing|
|Solid State Duluxe||Truly|
[edit | edit source]
- The Sims 3: Generations on TheSims3.com
- The Sims 3 Generations Facebook announcement
- The Sims 3 Generations on Carl's Guide
References[edit | edit source]
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims Medieval
March 22, 2011
|The Sims series PC games||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
July 26, 2011
The Sims 3: Late Night
October 26, 2010
|The Sims 3 expansion packs||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Pets
October 18, 2011
|The Sims series expansion packs||Followed by|
The Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles
August 30, 2011