What WooHoo looks like when the bed is removed in The Sims 3.
Two Sims WooHoo, while a dog watches in The Sims 3.
WooHoo in The Sims 4.
Sims will get dirty if they WooHoo with low hygiene in The Sims 4.
WooHoo in The Sims FreePlay when no beds are present on the lot. This was formerly the only WooHoo interaction.
WooHoo is an interaction used in The Sims series, starting from The Sims 2, as a euphemism for sexual intercourse. WooHoo interactions can be carried out between two Sims, regardless of gender, that have to be romantically interested in each other. During a WooHoo, firework effects will appear along with bouncy effects in The Sims 2, or heart effects in The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. WooHooing will boost the social and fun motives of both Sims. While Sims can WooHoo without trying for a baby, and without risk of pregnancy, the "Try for Baby" action is also considered a WooHoo.
A WooHoo is a special event in a Sim's life in The Sims 2. If cinematics are enabled, there will be a comic animation involving the first time a Sim WooHooes with another. Sims will earn a memory of each Sim they WooHoo with. If The Sims 2: University is installed, they will also receive the very first WooHoo memory.[n 1] Oddly, WooHoo in The Sims 2 does not affect the Sims' gender preference.
Sims usually desire to do a public WooHoo. Doing a public WooHoo will grant a special memory for the engaging Sims[TS2] or a special moodlet and stride.[TS3] WooHooing in The Sims 4 will provide a moodlet that affects their emotions, and it's possible for them to experience a good or bad WooHoo. In The Sims 4, teens can "Mess Around" with each other, although they will be fully clothed when they emerge from the bed.
There is no WooHoo in The Sims. Introduced in Livin' Large, Sims can "play in bed" as an allusion and a precursor to WooHoo. Sims can also "play" in the two-person hot tubs from The Sims: Hot Date and The Sims: Vacation.
There is a magazine named "WhooNoo" in The Sims; it is possible that the name "WooHoo" is based on that.
WooHoo in The Sims FreePlay is possible, but does not have a matching Try for Baby interaction, as a baby is purchased with LP. It previously took place standing up, with both sims undressing down to their undergarments and stepping under a mosaic blur, but the game was later updated to allow sims to WooHoo in bed, just like in the PC games.
WooHoo in The Sims 3, World Adventures, and Ambitions for smartphone existed, but rather than an animation for WooHoo playing, a special event image would appear onscreen of two sims under the covers, and once it disappeared the two sims would share a passionate kiss.
Woohoo locations[edit | edit source]
The WooHoo interaction is possible in these locations:
The Sims[edit | edit source]
- Vibromatic Heart Bed[Livin' Large]
- Hot tub[Vacation]
- Changing booth[Hot Date]
- Actor trailer[Superstar]
The Sims 2[edit | edit source]
- Bed - Initiated by directing both sims involved to Relax on a bed, then, while controlling one sim, clicking the other sim and selecting WooHoo. If special event camera is turned on, a cutscene will play.
- Hot tub - Initiated by directing both sims involved to get into a hot tub and moving them so that they are sitting adjacent to each other, then, while controlling one sim, clicking the other and selecting Cuddle, then WooHoo. If special event camera is turned on, a cutscene will play. Though the sims involved will ask other sims in the hot tub to leave, the other sims may stay anyway, making them visible during the cutscene.
- Changing booth (public WooHoo) - Initiated by directing one sim to Change Into... in a changing booth, then, while controlling the other sim, clicking the changing booth and selecting WooHoo. A glitch may occur where the first sim steps out of the booth before the other can get in, therefore resetting the second sim.
- Car[TS2:NL][n 2] - Initiated by directing both sims involved to get into a car, then clicking the car and selecting WooHoo.
- Photo booth (public WooHoo)[TS2:NL] - Initiated by directing both sims involved to get into a photo booth, then clicking the booth and selecting WooHoo.
- Elevator (public WooHoo)[TS2:OFB]
- Sauna (public WooHoo)[TS2:BV]
- Closet[TS2:AL][n 3] - Initiated by clicking on a walk-in closet and selecting WooHoo with [sim name]. Interaction can also be done with teenage sims to Make Out.
In The Sims 2, public WooHoo is a form of WooHoo that is done using the specific indicated objects on a community lot. Sims may have wants to have public WooHoo. Public WooHoo gives a specific memory, and other Sims on the lot will react to it.
If a sim has their Very First WooHoo in a location where a cutscene does not play (photo booth, car, etc.) then their first WooHoo in a bed or hot tub will play a cutscene, even if it is not their Very First WooHoo.
Premade sims who have a memory of WooHoo but not of a Very First WooHoo (this happens most frequently with married premade sims) will have a cutscene play during their first WooHoo in a bed or hot tub.
The Sims 3[edit | edit source]
- Bed -Initiated by directing both sims involved to Relax on a bed, then, while controlling one sim, clicking the other sim and selecting WooHoo. This is also most often the location selected if the sim in control asks to WooHoo during dialogue with another sim.
- Rabbit holes (must tour inside one first) such as military base, theater, and science lab, among others
- Shower[TS3:G] - Initiated by clicking on a shower and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Time machine[TS3:A]
- Hot tub[TS3:LN][TS3:OLS][TS3:ST][TS3:S][TS3:IP][TS3:ITF] -Initiated by directing both sims involved to get into a hot tub and moving them so that they are sitting adjacent to each other, then, while controlling one sim, clicking the other and selecting Cuddle, then WooHoo.
- Elevator[TS3:LN] - Initiated by clicking on an elevator and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Actor trailer[TS3:LN]
- Photo booth[TS3:ST][TS3:UL]
- Box of Mystery[TS3:ST]
- Magical wardrobe[TS3:SN][TS3:ITF]
- Fairy house[TS3:SN]
- Gypsy wagon[TS3:SN] - Initiated by clicking on a Gypsy wagon and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Igloo[TS3:S] - Initiated by clicking on an igloo and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Pile of leaves[TS3:S] - Initiated by clicking on a pile of leaves and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Hot air balloon[Store]
- Murphy bed[TS3:UL]
- All-in-one bathroom[TS3:IP][TS3:MS][TS3:ITF] - Initiated by clicking on an all-in-one bathroom and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Underwater cave[TS3:IP]
- Resort tower[TS3:IP]
- Bot workshop[TS3:ITF]
- Restorable junk car[Store]
As of The Sims 3: Late Night, the game recognizes a public WooHoo, which is done outside the Sim's home. When they do this, Sims will get the "Stride of Pride" moodlet and do a fancy walk. Doing a WooHoo inside a photo booth is considered a public WooHoo, even if it's done at home.
Trying for Baby in a shower is known to increase the likelihood that a baby resulting from it will have the Hydrophobic trait, regardless of how smoothly the pregnancy goes.
The Sims 4[edit | edit source]
- Backyard Observatory - Initiated by clicking on a backyard observatory and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Bed -Initiated by clicking on a bed and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Hot tub
- Rocket ship
- Shower[TS4:DU] -Initiated by clicking on a shower and selecting WooHoo with..., then selecting the target sim.
- Party bush[TS4:GT][TS4:JA][TS4:SE]
- Anywhere as bats[TS4:V] (both vampires must have Bat Form ability)
- Brindleton Bay's lighthouse[TS4:C&D]
- Pile of leaves[TS4:S]
- Sleeping pod[TS4:GF]
- Money vault[TS4:GF]
- Mua Pel'am's waterfall[TS4:IL]
- Hot spring[TS4:SE]
- Ice cave[TS4:SE]
If Sims WooHoo in community lots, other Sims will come to spectate it. However, Sims will not gain any special moodlets from it.
Try for baby[edit | edit source]
Alternatively, a male and female Sim[n 4] can initiate the "Try for Baby" interaction to conceive a baby. In The Sims 2, the female Sim must be on her home lot or controllable on a community lot. In The Sims 3, the female Sim does not need to be on her home lot to try for a baby. All methods, excluding the time machine, lead the eligible Sim for procreation into the pregnancy stage and the process of producing a baby.
Trying for a baby carries a chance of conception depending on where it was done.
- 20% in a photo booth[TS3:ST]
- 25% in a hot tub[TS2] [TS4:PPS]
- 40% in a sauna[Store] [TS4:SD] and all-in-one bathroom[TS3:IP]
- 50% in a clothing booth[TS2] and other places not listed here in The Sims 3.
- 55% in a time machine[TS3:A] and underwater cave[TS3:IP]
- 60% in a bed[TS2]
- 65% in an elevator[TS3:LN]
- 75% in a bed[TS3] and sarcophagus[TS3:WA]
- 100% on the Heart-shaped bed[TS3:HELS]
Additional chance of conception is increased by certain conditions, as following.
- +20% when Sims try for baby in full moon[TS3:SN]
- +25% for each Sim who has Fertility Treatment lifetime reward or "A Twinkle in the Eye" moodlet, from Procreation Elixir[TS3:SN]. The effect doesn't stack if one Sim has both the lifetime reward and the moodlet.
- +50% for each Sim who has the "Magic in the Air" moodlet, from talking to baby's breath in an arboretum.[TS3:SN]
- +100% for each Sim who has the "Feeling Fertile" moodlet, from genie wish for large family.[TS3:ST]
In The Sims 2, "Try for Baby" is not possible for an adult female who is less than 5 days away from becoming an elder. Once an adult female is 5 days away from becoming an elder, she may still be able to "Try for Baby" until 11 a.m. the next day.[n 5] In The Sims 2: University, "Try for Baby" is not possible for a young adult female. Young adults can try for a baby in The Sims 3 and The Sims 4, and young adult females are more fertile than adult females; i.e. there is a greater chance for twins and triplets to occur. In The Sims 3, if a Sim becomes pregnant directly before becoming an elder, then the process of aging is simply suspended until after the baby is born.
If the lot already has 8 controllable Sims on it, the "Try for Baby" option will not appear. Zombies, mummies, Servos, and SimBots do not have the "Try for Baby" interaction. Without hacks or mods, only male/female couples can try for a baby. A male between the ages of young adult and elder can impregnate a female.
Without cheats, male Sims can only be impregnated by aliens.[TS2] This can occur if they "Stargaze" with the more expensive telescope at night, though it is very unlikely to happen. However, if FreeTime or later is installed, any Sim who has Knowledge as their primary aspiration, and who has enough lifetime aspiration points, can choose Summon aliens as an aspiration benefit. A Sim with this benefit can use any telescope to attempt to summon aliens, and will have a higher chance of being abducted. Therefore, an adult male Sim with this benefit can, more or less, try for an alien-hybrid baby.
The "Try for Baby" option does not exist in The Sims Medieval. In The Sims Medieval, Woohoo between two Sims of the opposite gender always carries a chance of pregnancy.
Jealousy[edit | edit source]
As WooHoo is considered to be a romantic interaction, Sims who witness their loved ones engaging in WooHoo with another Sim will always get jealous, resulting in a significant drop in relationship with both Sims. In The Sims 2, WooHoo will trigger jealousy if the witnessing Sim is on the same lot where the WooHoo is taking place, even if they are not in the same room.
Gender and age compatibility[edit | edit source]
The following table shows the compatibility of various age groups and genders for WooHoo/baby interactions. Note: when referring to trying for a baby, the table only states the possibilities for the interaction.
|Sim A||Sim B||WooHoo||Try For Baby|
|In a heterosexual relationship:|
|Young Adult female||Young Adult, Adult, Elder male||Yes||Yes
|Adult female||Young Adult, Adult, Elder male||Yes||Yes|
|Elder female||Young Adult, Adult, Elder male||Yes||No|
|In a homosexual relationship:|
|Young Adult, Adult, Elder male||Young Adult, Adult, Elder male||Yes||TS4: Partial
|Young Adult, Adult, Elder female||Young Adult, Adult, Elder female||Yes||TS4: Partial
|Regardless of sexual orientation:|
|Teen or younger||Anyone||No||No|
As with all other romantic interactions, blood relatives and teens and younger are automatically prevented from WooHooing although there are hacks that allow both groups to do this, with the exception of Sims younger than teen. In The Sims 4, teens are able to "mess around" with other teens, an implication of WooHoo. The differences are that teens will not get a WooHoo-specific moodlet and they will not change to sleepwear when they mess around on a bed, though on the stats section of the Simology menu, messing around counts towards the statistic for times Woohooed.
Because of its wide-ranging implications, WooHoo is generally not an autonomous interaction. In The Sims 2, there is a mod called Autonomous Casual Romance, which can be found on Simbology. This allows Sims to WooHoo and even try for a baby on their own, though the player can still forbid the latter if they want. In The Sims 3: Generations, newly wed couples with the "Just Married" moodlet may autonomously push the "Be Frisky" interaction, which ends in WooHoo. Another mod on Simbology allows same-sex couples to try for a baby; the Sim that initiates the action will be considered the "mother." In The Sims 4, Patch 34 adds a customization option in CAS which allows players to give Sims of either gender the ability to get pregnant, or to impregnate other Sims.
Pets[edit | edit source]
Pets can WooHoo in order to breed (producing a litter of up to four puppies or kittens), but they require a Sim that has a good relationship with at least one of the pets to direct them, and the pets obviously must have a good relationship. The gestation period is approximately 72 game hours, just like Sims. If a pet has a poor relationship with the other pet, they will reject the interaction.
Death[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Sims 3 All 32 WooHoo Spots
See also[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This memory is only available after The Sims 2: University is installed. Sims might receive this memory even after the actual first WooHoo.
- While WooHoo normally boosts Sims' Fun motive, WooHoo in a car does not appear to do so.
- If two Sims WooHoo in a closet, the interaction will always be accepted even if the relationship between the two Sims is not mutual
- As of Patch 34, this remains the default behavior in The Sims 4. However, the patch modifies CAS so that players can configure individual Sims as able to get pregnant, able to impregnate other Sims, or unable to do either, regardless of their gender.
- It appears that this may be possible if the lot is loaded while she is 5 days away from becoming an elder and the time is before 11 a.m.