Jump to navigation Jump to search
Neurotic is a mental trait in The Sims 3. It is first available at birth, and it doesn't conflict any other traits.
Neurotic Sims will freak out at the most minor of provocations. They can become stressed easily and can be difficult to mellow. Luckily they take solace in sharing their worries with others.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Sim often can't quite get a grip on life, freaking out over every little thing.
- You can click on your Sim to get a "Freak Out" interaction. Other Sims will be disturbed but your Sim will become Tranquil.
- It takes a while for your Sim to de-stress, but your Sims can "Share Worries" with other Sims to help relax.
- Your Sim won't get sad or angry, just stressed out!
Unlocked interactions[edit | edit source]
- Neurotic and insane Sims can "Talk About Conspiracies" with other Sims.
- Can "Check" on sink, fireplace and other appliances which will make the Sim "Feel Calm".
- Neurotic Sims can "Share Worries" with other Sims to remove one negative moodlet at a time if the interaction was accepted.
- Neurotic Sims can look through the windows of neighboring houses, allowing the player to see the inside of the house (although they cannot interact with the objects inside). However, a Sim from inside may see them and shoo the Sim away.
Player notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes after interacting with certain objects, the Sim might get a "Feeling Anxious About Object" moodlet. This goes away after a few hours but it can be alleviated immediately by Checking the object, which gives a "Feeling Calm" moodlet. Child Sims do not have the "Check Object" interaction, however.
- They often obsess over their hygiene. They often desire to make their beds, clean dishes, bathe, and even wash their hands or brush their teeth a number of times, e.g. "Wash Hands 3 Times."
- Neurotic children constantly change positions and move in their sleep, but these actions do not affect how much rest they get.
- Neurotic Sims get stressed faster while working, unless they are Tranquil from their "Freak Out" interaction. Freaking Out will also completely reset their Fun need to normal if their Fun need is low, but will remain high if the Sim is Entertained or Having A Blast.
- Using the "Console" interaction on a Neurotic Sim will not increase relationship level like being used on other Sims.
- Neurotic Sims respond negatively to the "Heat of the Moment Kiss" interaction.
- Neurotic Sims flee from Bonehilda. They can't be in the same room with her and receive the "Scared" moodlet.
- Neurotic Sims will always receive a "Horrified" moodlet if they set off traps (by walking over them or while trying to disarm them) or encounter bugs while exploring catacombs. Oddly, the moodlet does not appear if they encounter a mummy.
- Neurotic Sims get the "Scared" moodlet whenever they walk over a floor hygienator, even if they made it themselves.
- Whenever Neurotic Sims look out windows, their neurotic trait flashes (in the Simology panel), indicating this is a neurotic interaction. This action can only be done autonomously. Results in a slight fun gain rate.
- If a Neurotic Sim insults or fights a fellow Sim, they will sometimes gain a wish to apologize to the offended Sim. Even evil and mean spirited neurotic Sims may experience this.
- If a Neurotic Sims' mood is low, they become tense instead of uncomfortable and stressed instead of miserable.
- Neurotic Sims are always able to perform interactions under "Funny", due to the fact that they can neither get sad nor depressed unless the Neurotic trait is removed.
- Due to the effect of the "Share Worries" interaction, even powerful negative moodlets like Mourning and Betrayed are completely removed. Despite this, negative moodlets derived from low needs are only temporarily removed, thus lost Energy, Bladder, Hygiene, Fun and Hunger still require the normal necessary remedies.
Special Moodlets[edit | edit source]
Examples of pre-made Neurotic Sims[edit | edit source]