Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brooding is a social trait introduced with The Sims 3: Supernatural. It conflicts with the Excitable trait and is first available as a teen.
Brooding Sims often can't help themselves from contemplating the riddles, mystery, and meaning of life. Sometimes the weight of these incredibly deep thoughts can become a distraction, and can actually slow down the creative process slightly.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Brooding Sims learn Painting, Cooking, and Writing skills at 10% slower rate.
- When having an argument with a Sim, Brooding Sims will get "Misunderstood" moodlet, and eventually they will wish to brood.
- When losing a friend, Brooding Sims' social need will hit rock bottom and a want will appear to brood for 3 hours.
- Brooding Sims take showers half the time longer than other Sims.
Special Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brooding Sims can take a brooding shower.
- Brooding Sims can "Consider the Hollowness of Life" and "Contemplate the Meaning of Meaning" as self interactions. These will slowly raise the Sim's social and fun bars.
- Similar to Neurotic Sims, Brooding Sims will often autonomously look out of windows in their home.
- Brooding Sims can talk about feelings as a romantic interaction.
- Brooding Sims cannot consider the hollowness of life in critical social need.
- Brooding Sims can write Poetry genre without needing Writing skill level 7.
- When mourning on a grave, Brooding Sims don't wail, but they will contemplate about the deceased.
Special Moodlets[edit | edit source]
Examples of pre-made Brooding Sims[edit | edit source]